Greetngs from Burton

Started by jonesy038, August 28, 2013, 05:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on August 29, 2013, 10:35:36 AM
Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2013, 08:13:59 AM
who are these "better people"?

:008:
:016:             :012:                 064.gif                          079.gif

A better bench doesn't mean better
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2013, 09:16:19 AM
Quote from: alfie on August 29, 2013, 08:13:59 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2013, 08:00:38 PM
Quote from: alfie on August 28, 2013, 06:53:06 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on August 28, 2013, 05:50:29 PM
You say your tactics were simple. You know it, we know it. Sadly our manager seemed to be bemused by them. All the best to you and next time we play I hope we actually try and attack instead of having long shots and the odd player finding himself in the area by accident.

Mr L i just do not understand you sometimes, every week you moan moan moan about lack of shots, then when we do shoot you moan moan moan about having shots, long or short they are shots.

I often wonder if you say things just for effect.

Let me explain. I like the shots. But we were playing a SECOND DIVISION SIDE who defended for 70 minutes. Should we have had had a few shots closer to the goal. I don't know would it have been a good idea to have more players in the area. It seems to me that if people really don't understand the concept of attacking a second divsion side then it isn't me with the problem. It really is a problem with how we see football.

Yes I know you have to throw in the insult about saying things for effect. But better people have tried to use insults when they have no arguments.

You keep on enjoying the football we play. I will keep on asking for more attacking football. Excuse me for not being all warm and happy because we had shots from outside the area against Burton.
Mr L it was not meant as an insult but sometimes it seems you say things that seem a bit odd as i said you have complained a lot about not having shots in the game, so we have a player that likes to have a shot at goal and then you have complained because someone has not had shots in the way you want them, fair enough your opinion.

MY apologies if you feel i insultated you, and you have got one back on me, but Just out of curiosity as you do not know me from Adam, who are these "better people"?

If you cannot understand the difference between shots  from outside the area and chances from inside the area, or playing Sunderland compared to Burton Albion. Then the 'better people' who have insulted me are the people who DO understand. If you don't understand that 'saying things for effect' was nothing less than insulting. Then your understanding is beyond me. Neither of us are going to convince the other that the football we want to watch is better than the other. So enjoy Fulham as they are. Hope they do well at Newcastle. Just chances created from anywhere against a Prem side, away from home, would be good to watch.
Thank you for your explanation, i think in future i best not comment and just allow the better people to do so.

I wish you well in supporting Fulham and i hope like you that we get an improved side that makes us happy.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

alfie - You ARE the best person to EVER insult me.

Sorry you feel the need to be.   :005:

Rupert

Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Rupert on August 29, 2013, 01:50:52 PM
Now I'm insulted.

:012:

Yes but you are a better person for it.

Rupert

Quote from: Lighthouse on August 29, 2013, 02:45:41 PM
Quote from: Rupert on August 29, 2013, 01:50:52 PM
Now I'm insulted.

:012:

Yes but you are a better person for it.

Well, that is true enough, I suppose.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

KingstonWhite

Quote from: jonesy038 on August 28, 2013, 05:29:28 PM
There are some damn good players and teams in league 2.

i recall watching FL72 and they were talking about the underrated ability in the lower divisions 1/2.. i cant remember who said this but "there are league 2 quility players playing in the premier league and there are premier league quility players playing in league 2" anyway like you said we've been in your situation before when we had no money so from all the fulham fans on FOF we wish you good luck for the season and maybe we'll draw you again in the FA Cup at home later this season.