watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Dimitar Berbatov.... Opinions ?

Started by Fulhamforeva, August 28, 2013, 05:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulhamforeva

Do you think Berbatov is helping or effecting our team.

I personally think he has effected are team. Any other ST would do as good or even better than him.
He stands and gives out more times than he touches the ball in a match. I could go on all day about him but i think it's time for him to move on and start with two hard working strikers that will fight to score a goals.

Agree????

JackyFulham90

No he is a top player who had a poor game against Arsenal, Berbatov is a number 10 with Bent in front of him, getting Berbatov on the ball more will be key for us in pushing for the top 10

cottage cheese

He is our best player. However, its the fact we have no pace or creativity in midfield which is why he has to drop back to do something. I don't blame Berbs, I blame the board who have not invested in a proper midfielder like dembele/murphy. That's our problem!

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree play berbatov in front of Bent and he will be in his element... Normally decent at home as he loves being adored by the fans.

Lighthouse

Would love to see him play over a number of games with another striker. Would have loved that last season. Hope it happens this season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Berserker

He is very, very talented in the right position.  Hopefully he will in that position during this season
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

EJL

Berbatov playing behind the striker has hardly ever worked for us, and that's the system some people want the team to run with?

Chutney

Simply put, berbatov is out best player.
C O Y W

ffcbulgaria

Quote from: EJL on August 28, 2013, 10:17:15 PM
Berbatov playing behind the striker has hardly ever worked for us, and that's the system some people want the team to run with?

It sort of worked with Rodallega. We were more dangerous at least. It didn't work with Ruiz as he also kept trying to be the man behind the striker and they ended up "hiding behind each other"

Baider

It really pissed me off that he didnt travel with the squad last night. I dont care about how far it is on a tuesday bla bla no player should be bigger than the club and he really abuses that. He's a great player no doubt about it but his general attitude to the club is pretty poor but hey ho he was our top scorer last season so I musn't complain

Jimpav

He is an enigma.

I've not seen another player that can have me tearing my hair out with frustration one minute and then left speechless with a moment of pure skill the next.

He appears to do nothing for vast periods but comfortably scored 15 goals that salvaged our season.

He's got an ego the size of the cottage and appears to be the boss in his relationship with Jol but on the other hand appears to be respected by his team mates and has a good rapport with the fans.

I can't see him staying beyond this season but he'll definitely be a player that will make his mark in the history books.

Danny

Last season during at least two games Berbatov was behind a player set as a ,,striker" . West Bromich and Swansea away. Kacaniclic was the man ahead of him in some attacks. Also vs Arsenal Kaca  scored by berba's cross if I am not wrong.

Humbled

Berba behind/next to Bent for me...
Last night there was too big a gap between Bent and Ruiz/Parker/Karagounis. Berba can fill this gap better than Ruiz, Berba is happy with the ball regardless of time and space, something Ruiz struggled with last night.

we seemed to have lost width this season. Taarabt likes to have a free role and both Dejagah and Kaca seemed to be central a lot more than usual last night.
could we go with -

Parker     Boateng                                                
      Kasami                         Taarabt                                                                              
                      Berbatov                            
                        Bent                      

regarding his 15 goals.... I would rather he got 15 + pens :-)                                                    

Humbled

Riether     Amorebieta  Hangeland     Briggs
          Kasami        Parker       Taarabt 
                             Berba
                Rodders             Bent
could see a couple of 6 ALL draws?

ron

Quote from: Jimpav on August 28, 2013, 10:47:43 PM
He is an enigma.

I've not seen another player that can have me tearing my hair out with frustration one minute and then left speechless with a moment of pure skill the next.

He appears to do nothing for vast periods but comfortably scored 15 goals that salvaged our season.

He's got an ego the size of the cottage and appears to be the boss in his relationship with Jol but on the other hand appears to be respected by his team mates and has a good rapport with the fans.

I can't see him staying beyond this season but he'll definitely be a player that will make his mark in the history books.

I'm sure that vintage supporters would say the same about Johnny Haynes. He would have quiet periods in games, but ran smart rather than hard, and knew instinctively where to be when it mattered. In my honest opinion, anyone who wants to ditch the kind of skill that Berbatov can provide is prepared to settle for mediocrity in the hands of journeymen rather than to aspire to something greater. He certainly will be remembered long after he leaves. But let's hope he stays.

EJL

Quote from: Danny on August 28, 2013, 10:59:54 PM

Last season during at least two games Berbatov was behind a player set as a ,,striker" . West Bromich and Swansea away. Kacaniclic was the man ahead of him in some attacks. Also vs Arsenal Kaca  scored by berba's cross if I am not wrong.
You're not wrong, but Berbatov started up front that game with Ruiz behind him.

Fulham_Surrey

sent Berba packing to another team.

Bassey the warrior

I guess he's a bit of d**k, but he's a cool guy and an incredible talent, I'm happy to put up with him and very happy he's here.