more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Gordon Taylor - PFA

Started by TonyGilroy, August 29, 2013, 08:55:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TonyGilroy

From the Telegraph

"Telegraph Sport understands that Taylor's fate lies in the hands of the PFA's 12-man management committee of current and former players, who were expected to be asked to decide whether he continues to lead the organisation after he was accused of being a serial gambler in The Sun newspaper.

Taylor and the PFA maintained their silence on Wednesday night following the story, which appeared to put the 68-year-old's £1 million-a-year job at risk, following a summit meeting at its Manchester headquarters.

However, an announcement is expected on Thursday following further consultation with Phil Neville, Jason Roberts, Brede Hangeland, Ritchie Humphreys, Neil Harris, Scott McGleish, Paul Rachubka, Moritz Volz, Zesh Rehman, Andrew Frampton, Ben Purkiss and PFA chairman Clarke Carlisle. "

About his gambling habits.

£1M a year is an extraordinary "wage" and look who's on the committee.

The Doctor

I'm not completely up on the allegations, but my initial thoughts are that wagons will be circled.  He's fought for players in numerous situations so there'll probably be an institutional expectation that the favour is returned.

Secondary thoughts are that Clarke Carlisle will get another documentary out of this

Burt

A big piece on the Times on this too.

The feeling seemed to be that he will survive, as he hasn't technically breached any PFA code, and the PFA have already stated this.

Notwithstanding the fact that what he has been doing is contrary to the support that the PFA are meant to provide around gambling, alcohol, drugs, etc. etc....

Holders

It's not a good example and at 68 he ought to be ready to hang his boots up.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

leonffc

Quote from: The Doctor on August 29, 2013, 09:03:34 AM
I'm not completely up on the allegations, but my initial thoughts are that wagons will be circled.  He's fought for players in numerous situations so there'll probably be an institutional expectation that the favour is returned.

Secondary thoughts are that Clarke Carlisle will get another documentary out of this

I believe that Clarke Carlisle is only an 'interim' Chairman now as his time has expired and they are waiting to elect a new one soon.

On Taylor, he does stick up for his memebers well but his voice does my head in so I think he should step down now. He's been in the job too long and it's surely time to let someone else have a go. Hopefully someone with less demons than Taylor and the players he deals with.

Lighthouse

What are the odds that he stays.

No I really mean what ARE the odds.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope