watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol press conference

Started by Zu-Meister, August 29, 2013, 01:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zu-Meister

In his pre-match press conference, Martin Jol says Fernando Amorebieta misses out at NUFC, while Maarten Stekelenburg is 'a question mark'
Jol says there may be further transfer activity before the window closes, highlighting a new defender as a possibility

Zu-Meister

Jol hopeful of bringing in a versatile defender. Confirmed Yohan Benalouane is on his list but deal unlikely to happen

Zu-Meister

Jol also revealed some fringe players could leave before the end of the transfer window

the nutflush

How much does he miss Dembele today?

Bassey the warrior

Our squad is thin as it is, we need to at least get as many in as out.

Count Berbatov

I'd appreciate a video or a link to the full press conference if anyone. Thanks
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Deanothefulhamfan

Im worried by the fringe players he means Dejagah and Frei..... to be honest Frei might as well be sold.... he is so far down the pecking order now.

I really hope we bring in a left back.... Pleaseeeeeeeee

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 29, 2013, 02:11:46 PM
Im worried by the fringe players he means Dejagah and Frei..... to be honest Frei might as well be sold.... he is so far down the pecking order now.

I really hope we bring in a left back.... Pleaseeeeeeeee
riise, frei and senderos most likely. but no chance dejagah. dejagah is probably his first choice winger when fit.

epsomraver

Quote from: LBNo11 on August 29, 2013, 02:03:48 PM
Muttley laugh-mix
[/quote

can't you take anything seriously? 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif 064.gif

Deanothefulhamfan

I heard a rumour about Dejegah returning to wolfsburg.... Just dont want to lose anybody.... Riise would be ideal, as it would mean he didnt have to play for us anymore.

I see frei as the only player to leave as a fringe player but I am most worried by dejagah and Berbatov if the offer is right...

LBNo11

...has Ruiz still got a fringe..?
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 29, 2013, 02:20:05 PM
I heard a rumour about Dejegah returning to wolfsburg.... Just dont want to lose anybody.... Riise would be ideal, as it would mean he didnt have to play for us anymore.

I see frei as the only player to leave as a fringe player but I am most worried by dejagah and Berbatov if the offer is right...
nah, i thnk the rumour you saw was ruiz to wolfsburg, even that was a rumour made up by a fan. at least thats my guess.

Deanothefulhamfan

It was actually from my mate who lives in Germany, he is a Dortmund fan so I am not quite sure how he found out, I have been researhing on the net and found nothing .....But they are throwing the cash around and probably think they can get their ex player back on the cheap, after obviously impressing last season... Either way I hope its not true as with the Berbatov rumours

Zu-Meister

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 29, 2013, 02:40:31 PM
It was actually from my mate who lives in Germany, he is a Dortmund fan so I am not quite sure how he found out, I have been researhing on the net and found nothing .....But they are throwing the cash around and probably think they can get their ex player back on the cheap, after obviously impressing last season... Either way I hope its not true as with the Berbatov rumours
dont think berba will leave this summer. nor dejagah. in my mind dejagah is our most important player. pace skill and strength. and a great combo with riether.

Lighthouse

Worried about Amorebieta. Keeping this injury quiet. Seemed ok in pre season.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Steven Ageroad

Fringe players on their way out, one forgot to mention Senderos.

Deanothefulhamfan

I agree ZU hence why I was so gutted when I heard it. Frei out / trotta out and a left back in is what I see happening

MJG

Quote from: The Moose on August 29, 2013, 01:49:12 PM
Our squad is thin as it is, we need to at least get as many in as out.
Its not really that thin when you really look at it. Its unbalanced that's true, but numbers wise we have plenty.

Zu-Meister

Maarten fell on his other side and was in quite a lot of pain and so I think he won't manage to be in the squad for Newcastle.

"I don't think it [deadline day] will be as hectic as it was here over the last season when we had one or two players coming in on the last day," he said. "But there are always wishes for any manager.

"I think at the back, for example, we could do with a player, but we'll have to wait and see. Of course Aaron Hughes could always play right-back for Sascha, but we will have to wait and see – maybe there will be one.

"We are probably 20th in the ranking in the league in terms of spending money, but we still do well so we are very proud of that sort of thing, that we still get the good players in – like Bent, and even Scott Parker – and I think if we can do that, attract these players, we will do well."

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/august/29/jols-newcastle-preview