watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Senderos and Riisa ................................. two favourites

Started by Me-ate-Live, innit??, August 29, 2013, 08:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScalleysDad

I have no thoughts either way on Senderos and Riise but would it be wise to let both go now when Amborietta still seems to be the invisible man and Richardson will need time to recover and settle back in. The former has not been tested yet and of course there is the match fitness period he will require. The back four is as thin as it has ever been and I for one was surprised Hughes got a start after a couple of patchy performances in the friendlies. When the shoulder injury is resolved there will possibly be another change in the defence between the sticks.
Too much going on, except in the transfers office, to let these players go right now. Boateng needs to settle if given a chance and I have to say he looked a bit lightweight, the Tarabatt/Ruiz conundrum needs to be resolved, what fringe players are going and the special one/Bent partnership must surely evolve into a 4.4.2. meaning a change of priorities in January.

Holders

Jol seemed to say quite clearly that if Riise and/or Senderos left then he'd bring someone else in - and rightly so.

I would fault Riise for at least one of the two Burton goals, others have said both. Richardson's fitness is an issue and Jol doesn't seemt to have faith in Briggs.

It would be interesting to know whom Jol's got in mind.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Lighthouse

It is the fact that we will replace them if they go. Now Fulham, bless em, are not the quickest when it comes to signings. Do we really think we can just go in and buy someone. OR is it already set up?

Anyway Riise has a job for life at Fulham while five minutes fit Richardson is first choice. As for Senderos. He was always made a scapecoat. But I called him Sendusdross when he signed. Not sure that really changed.

Somebody mentioned Sidwell. Odd isn't it that I would put Sidwell as one of our best midfield players. We all see players differently.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FC Silver Fox

Senderos to be replaced by ..... John Terry.

Yep, thought that would get you spluttering into your coffee.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Rudolph

I've always been a fan, but like I said last year, he needs to leave and find a club who do not have a blind loyalty to a fading servant.

Hopefully this means that the emerging talent from within are coming close to first team selection and challenging for places.

Good luck Phil!

Brown@FFC

Burt

Senderos got a bad press here. For the most part he was solid rather than poor. Sure, he made the odd mistake, but most of the team did last season at some stage or another.

Last season showed that Riise is clearly past his best, and too slow to support any attacks. Shame... But we do need to move on. Give Briggs a crack at it.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Burt on August 30, 2013, 12:43:17 PM
Senderos got a bad press here. For the most part he was solid rather than poor. Sure, he made the odd mistake, but most of the team did last season at some stage or another.

Last season showed that Riise is clearly past his best, and too slow to support any attacks. Shame... But we do need to move on. Give Briggs a crack at it.

Hangeland performed much better with Senderos next to him, but, we did concede 60 goals.

WhiteJC

Quote from: JBH on August 30, 2013, 09:01:52 AM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on August 30, 2013, 03:49:32 AM
Senderos is a better CB than Hughes.

Disagree both are subject to making major errors but Hughes reads the game better that Senderos 065.gif

Senderos is a better footballer than Hughes however, H&H are a better pairing

Forever Fulham

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 30, 2013, 04:24:08 PM

Disagree both are subject to making major errors but Hughes reads the game better that Senderos 065.gif

That may be so.  A lot of variables are at play on how a player is perceived relative to others.  Perhaps H & H communicate better with one another.  Of course, part of that can be put to minutes played together, yes?  But Phil can do more and is better at it, than Hughes. 

YoungsBitter

I think Jol has decided Riise is going, as he has been saying that before Richardson got injured and as much as he did not play Briggs against the Arse I expect him to start at St James. It seems strange to let Senderos go as Hughes is the only cover (maybe with Amorabieta) for Reither we have. Also Big Phil did a great job against Neymar recently so as much as he is always capable of a massive cock up every game he is pretty good defensively on set pieces - something Riise is not. Maybe Jol has faith in Dan Burn and will bring him back from loan at Brum if someone gets hurt. He also seemed to be saying in his press conf that he cant bring someone in unless someone goes...
Quark, strangeness and charm

HatterDon

Quote from: WhiteJC on August 30, 2013, 04:24:08 PM

This, I believe, is probably the best analysis of the three I've seen. Hughes subordinates his game better than Phil does. I think it would be ludicrous to let any of them go this season. If Burn matures with Brum this season, and anybody at Motspur Park notices, then maybe one or even two of the three could go this summer, but not now.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel