watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

4000th game on Boxing Day

Started by dshrimpton, August 30, 2013, 10:31:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dshrimpton

It's some months away yet, but subject to postponements and any juggling around with Sky matches, Fulham will be playing their 4000th game in the Football League on Boxing Day, away to Norwich City.
A shame it's not a home match when it could be properly celebrated at Craven Cottage.

However, two days later we are away to Hull City (game 4001) which was the very first
club Fulham ever played in the Football League in 1907.

Jimpav

Welcome to the board.

4000 games would be the equivalent of a match every day for over 10 years.

Long may it continue.

LBNo11

...welcome to Friends Of Fulham, it's good to have you 'on board'.

That is a few amazing facts. I suspect that a Shrimpton family member has been to a great many of those 4000 games too..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Lighthouse

I am sure we could see how many matches we have played in each division. Interesting stats.

Oh and welcome.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Welcome to the board Mr Shrimpton.

It may well end up being a home match yet, given changes in schedules, the odd winter postponement, etc. Here's hoping we can celebrate this milstone at home.

fulham traveller

I must of seen very close to a thousand of them games, going regularly for 35 years, average 30 games a seaon, shame its away from home though

Logicalman

Quote from: dshrimpton on August 30, 2013, 10:31:15 AM
It's some months away yet, but subject to postponements and any juggling around with Sky matches, Fulham will be playing their 4000th game in the Football League on Boxing Day, away to Norwich City.
A shame it's not a home match when it could be properly celebrated at Craven Cottage.

However, two days later we are away to Hull City (game 4001) which was the very first
club Fulham ever played in the Football League in 1907.

Welcome aboard Mr. S.

Quite right too regarding Hull, unfortunately we lost that one 1-0, but 4 days later took it out on Derby and won 1-0 at the Baseball Ground, and also got revenge with Hull in the return fixture, winning 2-1, I believe.