watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Patrick Roberts

Started by jimmyc19, August 31, 2013, 10:56:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimmyc19

Seen the U17 England highlights against Portugal on the FA youtube page, and our player Patrick Roberts was absolutely mind-blowing, reminded me of messi!

..Kya.ffc..

Beers may have been involved in this post.

God The Mechanic

Jesus, on the evidence of that he needs to be signed up long term as soon as possible.

HillingdonFFC

God how good does he look, first time I've seen anything of him, what a player.Is he signed up or could we lose him to one of the big boys?.
Seems to breeze past players for fun.

leonffc

Seen him once for the U18's and he really impressed me. He looks comfortable cutting on either foot when dribbling which is a great asset.

FFC4Life

I've been impressed with everything I've seen from this kid, and it's no surprise that he's been linked with the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool. Could be the biggest talent to come through our academy? Let's hope we can keep hold of him.

cmg

I expect this will crop up again with increasing frequency over the next six months.

The situation is (officially) that no player can sign a professional contract until his 17th birthday (Young Dembele did so in July).
Roberts will not be 17 until February 2014.
At 17, 3 years is the maximun length of contract allowed.
Roberts, along with all our other most promising under 17s, has an Acadamy Scholarship Agreement. I am not sure exactly what that means but it, along with the fact that we are a top-grade Academy, gives us some leverage and (I guess) allows us to make some financial contribution towards his development.

elgreenio

grabbed an assist before getting injured. Some great touches and skill in the highlights from him, a must watch :

http://www.thefa.com/england/mens-u17s/News/2013/international-tournament-italy-report.aspx
touch my camera through the fence

Jack Fulham

Supposedly a Liverpool fan who have expressed interest in him. Not sure we will have him for long.

filham

Looks a great talent.Lets get him in the premiership squad next season, too young I hear , nonsense a lot of our best players in the past started at a very young age.

the nutflush

Theres your Dembele replacement. 

Jack Fulham

Quote from: the nutflush on September 02, 2013, 11:20:48 AM
Theres your Dembele replacement. 

A tiny winger? The only thing comparable is the close control they both possess.