News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle v Fulham, match day thread....

Started by WhiteJC, August 31, 2013, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

WhiteJC

who's nervous about this game?

Newcastle have had a poor start, ours hasn't been brilliant, have we change our poor away form, we've won more away than at home for the last few games!

Sammyffc

im not very optimistic with a lone striker however we tore swansea apart , hopefully we start berbs AND bent , then ill be confident

Alternative Right Back

First time post and starting with a positive prediction...

Why should Fulham be going to places like SJP with the idea that a draw is a good result? There is no need to fear Newcastle; any trip to a club outside the top four should be viewed as an opportunity for three points.

This is a game that we should aim to dominate from the off, play to our strengths, stick the ball in the box with confidence, have a shot from time to time. The home fans will soon get anxious...

2-0 Fulham

hongkongfulham

Quote from: Alternative Right Back on August 31, 2013, 01:52:55 PM
First time post and starting with a positive prediction...

Why should Fulham being going to places like SJP with the idea that a draw is a good result? There is no need to fear Newcastle; any trip to club outside the top four should be viewed as an opportunity for three points.

This is a game that we should aim to dominate from the off, play to our strengths, stick the ball in the box with confidence, have a shot from time to time. The home fans will soon get anxious...

2-0 Fulham

I now feel safe if riether gets crook. Welcome to the board pal!

SP

We're wearing our lucky red away shirt so the 100% success rate should continue.

Come on you reds.

Deanothefulhamfan

Firstly welcome to the board.... your optimism is refreshing to see

I think we will struggle but maybe our away form is no fluke, and we will pick up a point or three.... It all depends on our lineup imo... I think newcastle will nick it 2-1

jarv

Hoping to find the game on nbc, not had any luck so far but will go through all channels. Else GJ or follow this thread.

WhiteJC

Alternative Right Back

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 31, 2013, 02:00:46 PM
Firstly welcome to the board.... your optimism is refreshing to see

I think we will struggle but maybe our away form is no fluke, and we will pick up a point or three.... It all depends on our lineup imo... I think newcastle will nick it 2-1

Get to half-time with a cleansheet and anything is possible.

We looked so much brighter against Arsenal with Bent and Kaka running into the final third (granted, Arsenal had the game wrapped up and their foot off the pedal), so let's hope that they are both fit enough to start.

I feel that this game will give a real indication of how the season will pan out... time to deliver on all the promise we show in fits and starts...

alexbishop

Jol continuing to confuse me...

- Taarabt dropped to bench (presuming he isn't fit to start...if he is fit then why drop the brightest player so far?)
- Kasami dropped completely - that will do his confidence a world of good
- Sidwell continues to be favoured over Boateng who I think is a better destroyer
- Ruiz to play where? Midfield or on right?
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Zu-Meister

Fulham XI v Newcastle: Stockdale; Riether, Hangeland, Hughes, Riise; Kacaniklic, Sidwell, Parker, Ruiz; Berbatov, Bent.
Fulham bench: Etheridge, Karagounis, Duff, Briggs, Taarabt, Rodallega and Boateng.

IranianCottager

Line-up:
Stockdale - Riether, Hughes, Hangeland, Riise - Ruiz, Sidwell, Parker, Kacaniklic - Berbatov - Bent

Bench:
Etheridge, Briggs, Boateng, Karagounis, Duff, Taarabt, Rodallega

Ordar

It's a very positive starting 11 at least. Dropping Taarabt seems odd. Ruiz has to put in a performance today

Deanothefulhamfan

Sidwell over Boateng all day long at the moment... boateng should be a destroyer but lacks strength,  I would have kara over boateng as well

Deanothefulhamfan

Seriously what does Jol see in Riise, barring him im happy with the line up

JIMMY D

alexbishop

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 31, 2013, 02:15:20 PM
Sidwell over Boateng all day long at the moment... boateng should be a destroyer but lacks strength,  I would have kara over boateng as well

Lacks strength?? His strength is one of his greatest assets. he was my fav player Pre season brushing opponents aside in midfield.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

Zu-Meister

God The Mechanic

Quote from: alexbishop on August 31, 2013, 02:12:27 PM
Jol continuing to confuse me...

- Taarabt dropped to bench (presuming he isn't fit to start...if he is fit then why drop the brightest player so far?)
- Kasami dropped completely - that will do his confidence a world of good
- Sidwell continues to be favoured over Boateng who I think is a better destroyer
- Ruiz to play where? Midfield or on right?

-Taarabt took a knock midweek, so likely not fully fit.
-Who would you replace Kasami with on the bench?  He's untried in the middle, so Karagounis and Boateng over him, Taarabt is a better player, Rodallega is the only striker, Briggs the only defender and that leaves Duff.  I'd personally prefer him over Duff, but can see why Jol hasn't.
-Agree entirely.
I'd imagine "wide" right, cutting inside.  With hopefully Kaca staying wide left for as much as he can.  Berba often floats to the right anyway, so maybe him and Ruiz are fairly interchangeable behind Bent?