News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Newcastle v Fulham, match day thread....

Started by WhiteJC, August 31, 2013, 01:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Once again sitting too deep ruins our plans. It worked for quite a while to nullify Newcastle Utd but we got found out in the end, and it nullified all our attacks as the players had to travel further up the pitch. Really really REALLY poor performance against an average team. Berba was woeful and should've been subbed off for Taarabt, Rodallega should've come on earlier, I'd have liked to see Rodallega alongside Bent at some point.
Jol's negativity is passing through to the players, what is the point in signing so much attacking talent if you're going to be so negative?

Cravenawin

Quote from: grandad on August 31, 2013, 05:00:51 PM
The hardest opening 3 matches we have had for years & already some  want a new manager. The blame is entirely our penny pinching owners, both MAF & Khan.
Are you serious? Hard opening matches. Arsenal maybe, but the other two are useless
It´s too late now to do much about it so we will now have a real struggle.
We have no defensive cover for both full backs. We have no creativity & both Berba & Ruiz are a luxury we cant afford.

premFlem

Jols past it. The team plays  flat and lazy. Khan dont take to long to do what needs to be done.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Bassey the warrior

Great performance by Stockers though, definite MOM for us.

SmithyFFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 31, 2013, 05:10:18 PM
Our defence were brilliant today. It was our attack

Agree in terms of Stockers, Reither, Hughes, Hangeland and even Briggsy, but Riise cost us a point today, utterly useless.
FTID

zschwartz

yep. they weren't very good but we were far worse. 3 shots to 26. Still, taraabt could've stolen it at the end if he hadn't flubbed a sitter. we deserved nothing from that game but nearly got a point anyway... not quite disgraceful but pretty darn close. the riether injury is the icing on the cake.

Bringing in ZERO backup right backs and playing briggs of all people out of position... i don't know, very irresponsible. jol had no options. we don't have the players. no investment. nothing to work with. we should be thankful that it was only 1-0. lucky they can't finish.

but did you see darren bent stretch the field? haha... uh, how many hours left in this window?   can i at least say at the end of a long post no one will read that english pet names kind of disgust me? rodders... stockers... please, stoppers, please.  090.gif

Ordar

I cant wait for the post match interview. How we miss Dembele and Dempsey, and how we were "unlucky"...

Fulham1959

Quote from: Ordar on August 31, 2013, 05:25:39 PM
I cant wait for the post match interview. How we miss Dembele and Dempsey, and how we were "unlucky"...

Or, one of his favourites, " . . . that's not what we want".

grandad

If Jol doesn´t get substantial funds in January I think he will resign in disgust. I would not blame him. A new decent manager won´t come to us as the same will happen to them. No, we will be begging for some Championship no hoper to manage us on a shoestring. Mackintosh will be rubbing his hands at next years balance sheet. There you go Mr Khan , a nice profit for you in your 1st year. Look at all the money we will get from the sale of Stockdale, Hangeland, Reither, Kaca, Dejadah, Frei, Kasami, Ruiz, Berbatov, . Don´t worry as the League have given us all parachutes so you won´t have to pay our Academy players much as they are so young & that is all the players we have left.

Sorry to be cynical.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Deanothefulhamfan

Im sorry I hate Riise but he canot be blamed for today.
Parker was our motm by a country mile

SKSW6

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on August 31, 2013, 05:56:36 PM
Im sorry I hate Riise but he canot be blamed for today.
Parker was our motm by a country mile

Stockdale was brilliant too tbf.

Deanothefulhamfan

yeah I agree he had a very decent game.... So solid in goal