watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sorry to Say

Started by Peabody, August 31, 2013, 06:17:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peabody

but do they really need as much as they get have a feeling that this could be the season that sees the end of our Premier League stay. Also,   as we like  r there is nothing that we as fans can do about, we can rant and rave as much as we like but the decisions that need to be made will not be lmade by you, I or Uncle Tom Cobley

Also, I have to admit that after nearly 70 years of being a football fan, I am fast becoming disillusioned with our game. The way they have allowed the money men to take over, don't get me wrong, it is none of my business what players earn but do they really need to earn in excess of £100,000 a week, is one player really worth £80m? The way some of our Season Ticket Holders have been treated so that TV can pander to people who can watch on TV, is very sad. Go into the club shop and see the exorbitant prices they charge, for what are low quality products, likewise the food and drink inside the stadium. All this plus the poor performance of out team is leading me to total disillusionment with Football

Deanothefulhamfan

Jamie88

+9999999999999999999999999999!

DevonFFC

Cricks, 70 years of being a fan. How old are you?? For health reasons I would think about props knocking supporting on the head

Northern Cottager

Just finished watching Sunderland and thy got hammered by Palarse. Silver lining that maybe along with Hull and any other we may stay up?

jarv

NC, problem is, all 3 promoted teams look better than Fulham, by a country mile. I always hope at least 2 go back down so Fulham are fighting to avoid the final spot. Looks like a tough season ahead.

HatterDon

Quote from: Northern Cottager on August 31, 2013, 07:23:20 PM
Just finished watching Sunderland and thy got hammered by Palarse. Silver lining that maybe along with Hull and any other we may stay up?

The only teams I haven't seen play so far this season are Norwich and Swansea. Of the others, there isn't a single one who doesn't play better football than we do. We have more talent than several of them, mind, but they're all playing better football than us.

Talent won't keep us up. Having someone in charge who knows how to use the talent will. The longer we keep Jol, the deeper the hole the next guy is going to inherit.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Peabody

That's all well and good HD but we cannot change things and unfortunately, by his own admission, Mr Khan, the person who can, does not know enough about Football to make the necessary changes.

HatterDon

Quote from: Peabody on September 01, 2013, 02:21:43 AM
That's all well and good HD but we cannot change things and unfortunately, by his own admission, Mr Khan, the person who can, does not know enough about Football to make the necessary changes.

I don't think he's incapable from getting rid of people who are damaging the value of his investment, nor do I think he'll be shy or reticent about doing something to help. He didn't get to be a billionaire by smiling under his stasche while the ship sinks.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

True that money has had a detrimental  effect on the game, at the same time as it has become a global, corporate  cash cow, fueled by TV money, with increasingly foreign owners with no love or knowledge of the clubs they run , or the game they are involved in - while many  traditional, long term supporters can no longer  afford to go, often replaced by 'supporters' with no real love  or knowledge of a club and its traditions.

'Entertainment' is the new mantra, fueled by TV pundits who know that  TV depends on  lots of drama and endless 'highlights' of goals, rather than a dourly, defensive nil-nil draw  played on a freezing winter's day - which is historically a part of football - there is pleasure to be take from  different tactics and defensive play, as there is in attacking play and goals.

Well, it's a sport, and like all sports the outcome can't be  entirely forecast - you don't know  what the result will be, or if a game might be high scoring, quality entertainment, or the aforementioned  nil nil - but this is  against the TV values of predictable entertainment.

I'm expecting global TV influence to try and make football more 'entertain g' with the abolition of offside, and cheerleaders at half -time  , and no relegation.

There is a  different type of supporter today - one who demands instant success, and who is  very critical of any failings players and managers, who they see as fair game considering the money they earn - more than any supporter  can earn in a lifetime in a month, often. The modern supporter  also just reflects wider social values - with  the  the idea of everyone as consumers with individual entitlement - thus a singer will be booed if they don't perform to expectations , just as footballer will be - there is no sympathy or allowing for any failing or perceived weakness

The money players earn is to do with the inflated market - and football's values reflect this market driven  influence, with a corporate . soulless feel  now.

I too  am disillusioned - but supporting Fulham is in my blood, and  its not rational anyway - well it causes me as much grief a pleasure over the years, besides costing me a lot of  money, but it's like an addiction, and i love the club, though I often wonder why.

But i will keep supporting, despite everything.
COYW

Peabody

Did'nt I would stop. Supporting Fulham Ray