watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

lets have some perspective

Started by WORTHINGFULHAM, September 01, 2013, 01:57:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WORTHINGFULHAM

I can understand frustration from fans but calling for jol out is a joke.
We are 3 games into the season,  3 games. ...thats all.
We have new players that have only played a handful of games together and have still to find there feet and gain full match fitness and sharpness.
Our left backs are injured and riisse is left to fill the gap as he is experienced but unfortunately slow and caught out a few times,  we can use briggs but he is not experienced and dropped into the deep end. Damned if you do Damned if you dont.
You may say why does he play berba week in and out, simple, hes our best player technically and he wins us games, fact. Ok he might be lazy but in my opinion you got to play him hes a game changer.
Ruiz I so wanted to be good, really I did, but hes another steve  marlet and his glimpses of greatness are few and far between,  do we leave a 10 million pound signing on the bench? People would then slate jol for not playing him and jol believes in him but his time to shine is running out it has to be now.
We are lacking in killer instinct and creative play at present which is frustrating everyone including myself, but lets judge jol and the performances after a couple of months not 3 games into the new season.
West brom will put us back on track with a win,a loss will create a panic but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

HatterDon

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on September 01, 2013, 01:57:58 AM
We have new players that have only played a handful of games together and have still to find there feet and gain full match fitness and sharpness.
Our left backs are injured and riisse is left to fill the gap as he is experienced but unfortunately slow and caught out a few times,  we can use briggs but he is not experienced and dropped into the deep end. Damned if you do Damned if you dont.
You may say why does he play berba week in and out, simple, hes our best player technically and he wins us games, fact. Ok he might be lazy but in my opinion you got to play him hes a game changer.
Ruiz I so wanted to be good, really I did, but hes another steve  marlet and his glimpses of greatness are few and far between,  do we leave a 10 million pound signing on the bench? People would then slate jol for not playing him and jol believes in him but his time to shine is running out it has to be now.
We are lacking in killer instinct and creative play at present which is frustrating everyone including myself, but lets judge jol and the performances after a couple of months not 3 games into the new season.
West brom will put us back on track with a win,a loss will create a panic but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Take a look at our record for all of 2013 and then tell us again how it's only 3 games and we should be concerned.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

WORTHINGFULHAM

Last season is last season, this is a new campaign.

Lighthouse

This has nothing to do with losing by a great goal. It has more to do with having a good team and not allowing them to go forward. Berbatov and Bent. Looking forward to that. Yet Berbatov was so deep he was behind Stockdale half the time.

Game after game we are so negative. Change it Jol we say, So Jol brings on Tarrabt. Great. But he then takes off Bent. We are just so boring and negative and have been for too long. Not blaming the players. Ruiz did some good defending today. What was he doing defending goodness knows.

Only three people and a child of two turned up in the Fulham row to watch us. Away from home we never take any fans. Now that isn't just down to finances. But dull football.

I would even take Gus Poyet  right now. Jol is killing us.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Count Berbatov

Jol deserves credit for bringing excellent players this transfer window. Let's give him more than the 3 games before we judge him. But it starts right now. And this time there are no excuses. Fingers crossed
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

RaySmith

Jol  has bought in  top players cheaply and on loan - but, like previous Fulham managers in the Prem is not getting the financial backing he needs, and thus we end up with with a squad with not  enough cover, and  players in crucial positions who aren't up to it, or out of position.

We played well yesterday on the whole with a good first half, and we defended very well when they came  onto us in the second half, and  should have scored late on when Taarabt came on -  he should have started, but maybe he was injured.

Any manager of Fulham would  have the same problems because they don't get the financial backing.  I definitely don't think Poyet  would be a suitable Fulham manager, and he has no Prem experience.

HatterDon

Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on September 01, 2013, 02:02:21 AM

Well, then. It's obvious that it can only be the last three games, and how our season fell apart last year means nothing. But why stop there? Why not have Jol's accountability begin anew each Friday night at midnight. That way, no matter what happens, you can defend him from any criticism by saying, "It's only one game; give him a break."
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Roberty

Quote from: HatterDon on September 01, 2013, 01:59:28 AM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on September 01, 2013, 01:57:58 AM

Take a look at our record for all of 2013 and then tell us again how it's only 3 games and we should be concerned.

Just to remind you - the season runs from July to May and the record will always show that we finish 2012/3 in 12th place.

The new season started in July 2013 next Tuesday we will know just who is going to be playing for us.

Performances count for nothing in the Premier League - just the result
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Roberty

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 01, 2013, 02:29:13 AM
This has nothing to do with losing by a great goal. It has more to do with having a good team and not allowing them to go forward. Berbatov and Bent. Looking forward to that. Yet Berbatov was so deep he was behind Stockdale half the time.

Game after game we are so negative. Change it Jol we say, So Jol brings on Tarrabt. Great. But he then takes off Bent. We are just so boring and negative and have been for too long. Not blaming the players. Ruiz did some good defending today. What was he doing defending goodness knows.

Only three people and a child of two turned up in the Fulham row to watch us. Away from home we never take any fans. Now that isn't just down to finances. But dull football.

I would even take Gus Poyet  right now. Jol is killing us.

Always good to make something up when you post on this board.

We have never taken a large following to all away games in the Premier League.

Some are better attended than others and that is always the case but it does not matter how well we are playing.

If anything we had a larger away following at the end of the 2007/8 season - how does that fit to your theory?

Roberty

Quote from: HatterDon on September 01, 2013, 04:42:58 AM
Quote from: WORTHINGFULHAM on September 01, 2013, 02:02:21 AM

Well, then. It's obvious that it can only be the last three games, and how our season fell apart last year means nothing. But why stop there? Why not have Jol's accountability begin anew each Friday night at midnight. That way, no matter what happens, you can defend him from any criticism by saying, "It's only one game; give him a break."

It is the season that counts - it always will be and always has - it might not suit your agruments but it is a fact.

TonyGilroy

Cherry picking last seasons bad results and ignoring the good is absurd. Under Jol we finished 12th which is OK. Not great but equally not disastrous. OK

We need to show more energy and urgency but ultimately what defines our season is how we play and the results we get at home against our competitors which means that West Brom must be a game where there are no excuses.

The anti Jol hysteria, in my opinion, is over the top from people who should know better but that doesn't mean that I have any great confidence that Jol will get things to click.

The major plus point is that we have a new owner who has said the right things and will give Jol a chance but I don't think he'll tolerate failure so Jol has to start getting it right now.

Having said that changing managers in mid season gives you little choice being essentially between the recently sacked and the inexperienced. Jol has a CV at least as good as those managing our 13 competitors.

Which of those would people see an an improvement? For me Lambert for sure with Martinez, Hughton and Laudrup as maybes. None of the others. Pardew and Holloway had good wins yesterday but I wouldn't want them at Fulham.

I think we should be patient for a while yet.

epsomraver

patient?, we have played boring football for the last 18 months apart from the odd flair, how much patience do you want, he is clueless, deny that at your peril.

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on September 01, 2013, 10:47:25 AM
patient?, we have played boring football for the last 18 months apart from the odd flair, how much patience do you want, he is clueless, deny that at your peril.

Is that a fact or something you made up while eating your boiled egg for breakfast?

When you have finished dipping your soldiers into your chucky-egg - it might do well to remember that it is the result that counts not the performance.

mungos beans

Oh dear the deluded few are here.

epsomraver

Quote from: Roberty on September 01, 2013, 10:54:07 AM

Is that a fact or something you made up while eating your boiled egg for breakfast?

When you have finished dipping your soldiers into your chucky-egg - it might do well to remember that it is the result that counts not the performance.

No mate I go to matches, pay my hard earned money to watch the club , most times, myself and those around are bored and end up wishing I  had brought a book to read, Enough of the sarcasm, if you want to put your point of view over do without the sarcky comments, The results do count, that is why we lost yesterday with one shot on goal to a team who were low on confidence and there for the taking.

The Equalizer

Of course points are more important than performances. I just didn't see any points yesterday, or last week at Arsenal.

Last season we finished 12th - 3 games before the end of the season we were in a very real danger of being dragged into relegation. Is this something to be proud about? This is Jol's 3rd season in charge of Fulham. So far he has brought us nothing at all other than dull football, poor cup performances, poor league performances (the season before last can be largely put down to the two previous managers and the players that we had). How much longer do you want this to go on?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

WhiteJC

...and how are the results so far for you, good enough?

Admin

This is a forum, a place where people have opinions, just like you have yours, but can you please stop going around telling other members that they are making stuff. By all means, put your point across but don't be arrogant.

Classic94

It's not just a blip though is it? We've been appalling for the best part of 12 months. The results have been poor, but the football's been even worse - the lack of flair, invention, drive & attacking intent. Each week, it's the same tedious build-up play, tactical ineptitude, bias towards certain players & reluctance to move away from a failed system. Jol's inane post-match comments are also incredibly frustrating - he's like a broken record. All we've done under his management is gone progressively backwards, to the point that I (and most other supporters) no longer look forward to matchdays. I've not felt this way since the Sanchez era, and even then, he had significantly less talent at his disposal.

Brown@FFC

Is it a new campaign, I don't think so. Teams change over the summer, we haven't. We are still as rubbish as ever. Jol is a tactical moron, and Berbatov runs our team. If he left tomorrow, I couldn't care less.

THE FOOTBALL IS SHOCKING, AND UNDER JOL IT WILL NOT CHANGE. It's not about results at the moment, it's about the style of football. We had two 7 game winless streaks last year. Our home record was one of the worst in the league.

I want to watch decent football, and under Jol it will not happen. The result is the main thing yes, but, we may of came 12th last year, add another 4 games to the season, we would have gone down. This year we beat a poor Sunderland side, just. We got destroyed by Arsenal. We were abysmal against Burton, with a strong line up. And to top it all off, rubbish against Newcastle.

It's gone past the point of poor form, 22 games since January, won 7, drawn 4, lost 10. That is rubbish, and in that run, only a couple of decent performances. He has had his chance, he has had the window, and the team isn't massively improved. Bent and Taarabt are on loan, if QPR come up, he'll go back there. Parker is 33, quite an old player. He unwillingness to use the youth is unbelievable. He has made our team out of old players. Hughes, all be it decent this year, 34. Hangeland, 33. Riise, 33, and really poo. Our midfield is all over 30. Bent is the wrong side of his peak age, and Berbatov is past it.

We don't have a future with Jol, and the quick he goes, the quicker things will get sorted.