watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Max Oberschmidt

Started by harrovian, September 01, 2013, 12:47:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrovian

Fulhams young goalkeeper Max Oberschmidt has been on loan at Harrow Borough in the Ryman League. He was recalled at 21.45 on Friday evening to be reloaned to Celtic. Harrow were left without a registered available goalkeeper for Saturdays match, Fortunately managing to just beat the 11am deadline to sign someone on Saturday morning. I sincerely hope any club that Fulham have loaned a player to do not treat them in this way,

Northern Cottager

No idea why we'd loan him to Celtic as third choice and take him away from 1st team at Harrow.

MJG

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 01, 2013, 01:02:02 PM
No idea why we'd loan him to Celtic as third choice and take him away from 1st team at Harrow.
he's going to be playing in an u19 tournament for Celtic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

Barrie

Sounds like Harrow have been treated a bit shabbily.

chiefo

Piss poor by sounds of it. How was he doing?

Northern Cottager

Quote from: MJG on September 01, 2013, 01:03:28 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 01, 2013, 01:02:02 PM
he's going to be playing in an u19 tournament for Celtic.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

A tournament until December?

Jack Fulham

I don't mean to pick holes but shouldn't Harrow have more than one registered goalkeeper?

harrovian

Harrow no longer have a reserve side as we have Hendon sharing our ground ,both the other goalkeeper used in pre season had been released in order to get a game else where, the intention was to dual register another keeper,which had to be organized late Friday & early saturday

aaronmcguigan

Fulham pay his wages so they can do whatever they want with their player. If they reckon the under 19 equivalent of the champions league is better than non league, who is anyone to say otherwise?

Rupert

I agree that we can recall players on loan if there are better openings for them, or if we suddenly need them ourselves, however unlikely in this particular case, but it does seem to me that recalling a player that late on a Friday evening was very short notice. Can our Harrovian friend keep us in the loop if any more information comes to light, please? It may be a simple (from our point of view) communication foul up rather than a deliberate attempt to screw over Harrow Borough.
Any fool can criticise, condemn and complain, and most fools do.

The Bronsons

I'd like to think we are too classy a club to do anything shabby. Then I remember the camera gantry in the Johnny Haynes.

rhyspabsolom

Magnus Norman was hours away from replacing him, I guess we offered in case they couldn't find another keeper.

Oh, also, the word is that Oberschmidt was absolutely terrible while at Harrow. Couldn't catch a cold.

harrovian

He's a very decent goalkeeper, has a weekness on corners, so will need to improve his decision making , when defending them.