watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Happy News

Started by Roberty, September 02, 2013, 12:54:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roberty

Like everyone I was not pleased to find Spuds grabbing Dembele at the end of last summers transfer window.

Although I would have preferred for us to keep him I have had the following little pleasures at their expense:-

Being there to watch us beat them at the lane.
Discovering that the loss to Fulham kept them out of the Champions League
To cap it all I was delighted to read that Adebayor is unlikely to be moved on in this transfer window

Some clubs get what they deserve - let us hope that there is going to be some good news for us before 11pm tonight.

It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Ordar

I really dont think Dembele has looked anywhere near as good for Spurs. He was very poor against Arsenal yesterday, and Spurs got totally dismantled in midfield.

He really should have stuck with us for a season then got his massive move.

FFC1987

He was being played out of position, it's AVB making him look bad.

PeterB

Spoke to an avid and knowledgeable Spurs fan yesterday and asked him what their fans think about him. His response was that everyone thought he was ok but "hasn't really done anything special for them". Not going to happen, but I would really love to have him back.

HatterDon

When he wasn't injured, I thought Dembele was marvelous last season for Spuds. As for yesterday, Arsenal's aggressive play [Arsenal? aggressive?] gave no Spurs midfielders any time on the ball.

Man, that was one hell of a match!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: PeterB on September 02, 2013, 01:30:18 PM
Spoke to an avid and knowledgeable Spurs fan yesterday and asked him what their fans think about him. His response was that everyone thought he was ok but "hasn't really done anything special for them". Not going to happen, but I would really love to have him back.

My Spurs contingent all say the same but keep saying 'he needs end product to his game'.....Hes not a creative CM, yet they thought on signing him, he would provide goals and assists....If that's the player they were going for, they signed the wrong man.

epsomraver

Quote from: Roberty on September 02, 2013, 12:54:46 PM
Like everyone I was not please to find Spuds grabbing Dembele at the end of last summers transfer window.

Although I would have preferred for us to keep him I have had the following little pleasures at their expense:-

To cap it all I was delighted to read that Adebayor is unlikely to be moved on in this transfer window

Some clubs get what they deserve - let us hope that there is going to be some good news for us before 11pm tonight.

You like repeating your self, how many posts have you put this in now? one of your few away trips you go on about,  given up supporting Jol? They are laughing that we have got lumbered with a   manager who messed their club up and is now hell bent on ruining ours, their sense of revenge outways your little personal feelings, By the way it is pleased, not please.

HatterDon

When I visited England last, I met a nice gent who told me that Danny Murphy was the worst player ever to wear the black and white. "A friend of mine who supports ...." and "Based on their website, the supporters really dislike ...." mean absolutely nothing to me.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFC1987

Quote from: epsomraver on September 02, 2013, 01:37:14 PM
Like everyone I was not please to find Spuds grabbing Dembele at the end of last summers transfer window.

You like repeating your self, how many posts have you put this in now? one of your few away trips you go on about,  given up supporting Jol? They are laughing that we have got lumbered with a   manager who messed their club up and is now hell bent on ruining ours, their sense of revenge outways your little personal feelings, By the way it is pleased, not please.

Was there really any need for that?

epsomraver

Yes.got enough stick off this bloke yesterday

Roberty

Quote from: epsomraver on September 02, 2013, 01:37:14 PM

I am not a clairvoyant - the Adebayor report about him not going to Schalke was in this mornings newspaper
Last season I went to seven away games but this was the only one in London.
Not at all - I believe Jol has to stay - it would be plain daft to change managers at this point in the season.
You obviously know a Spurs supporter, I don't.
Tut tut - being rude to other posters on here is expressly forbidden
I have corrected the spelling - thanks.

Jack Fulham

Hurrah, minor Spurs failings have become 'happy news' for Fulham fans. Not much coming from Fulham I suppose.

Roberty

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 02, 2013, 02:01:09 PM
Hurrah, minor Spurs failings have become 'happy news' for Fulham fans. Not much coming from Fulham I suppose.

No - getting to be worrying - reports about 4 players leaving, which would free up funds for salaries but nothing about players coming in. Very Fulhamish

FFC1987

My only dislike of Spurs, is they seem to be ruining Dembele at the moment. Out of position etc. Would hate to see him down the pecking order and stunting his progress.

Roberty

If he gets "bad" enough we might be able to afford to buy him back

Frankie-Peter Taylor

He's not being played correctly. He's either not allowed to move forward and being made to sit, or he's too far forward. He needs to be given a free role in central midfield that he's not receiving, it's gone to Paulinho.

FFC1987

Quote from: Frankie-Peter Taylor on September 02, 2013, 02:47:59 PM
He's not being played correctly. He's either not allowed to move forward and being made to sit, or he's too far forward. He needs to be given a free role in central midfield that he's not receiving, it's gone to Paulinho.

Maybe I'm wrong, but Paulinho looks half the player Moussa is.....Seems a shame regardless.