watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Our post-window team for 2013/14

Started by Big Martin Jol, September 03, 2013, 12:02:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Martin Jol

Here's our 2013/14 team, pending confirmation of any late deals/loan moves. It's done by position with new signings in italics.

Also, I'm aware that Kasami is probably isn't what we would consider a central midfielder, but in the past he has stated that that is his preferred position. Feel free to re-categorise him in your mind if you aren't happy.

Goalkeeper - Stekelenburg, Stockdale and Etheridge.
Right back - Riether and Zverotic.
Centre back - Hangeland, Amorebieta, Hughes and Senderos.
Left back- Riise, Richardson and Briggs.
Right midfield - Dejagah and Duff.
Left midfield - Kacaniklic and Frei.
Defensive midfield - Parker and Boateng.
Central midfield - Sidwell, Kasami and Karagounis.
Attacking midfield - Ruiz and Taarabt.
Strikers - Berbatov, Bent and Rodallega.

My immediate feeling is one of relief in that we finally have appropriate cover for EVERY position. My second feeling is that we're still lacking in central midfield and left back, but overall I can't help but feel that it's been a productive window.

If we can get them playing like a team we'll be fine.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

Berserker

It's getting the playing as a team part that is now the main job
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Brown@FFC

The team is not good enough:

- Goalkeeper - Stekelenburg, Stockdale and Etheridge.
  - One of our decent positions
- Right back - Riether and Zverotic.
  - Riether fine, no ideo is Zverotic is good enough. 2 words, panic buy
- Centre back - Hangeland, Amorebieta, Hughes and Senderos.
  - One above average, one injury prone, one veteran and one wally
- Left back- Riise, Richardson and Briggs.
  - An awful player, an injury prone player and an unproven player
- Right midfield - Dejagah and Duff.
  - One off form, one past it
- Left midfield - Kacaniklic and Frei.
  - Both very young, lot to learn
- Defensive midfield - Parker and Boateng.
  - One should be our captain, one who is a loose cannon
- Central midfield - Sidwell, Kasami and Karagounis.
  - A poorer Parker, a young attacking player and an ancient Greek
- Attacking midfield - Ruiz and Taarabt.
  - One who will never make it, and one is isn't ours
- Strikers - Berbatov, Bent and Rodallega.
  - A huge ego, not ours, can't score goals

Our team isn't that good, and we will be one of the favourites to go down. West Brom, Stoke, Sunderland, Cardiff, Palace, Norwich & Southampton have all done better business than us. Our money has seemed to of disappeared, great from a new multi billionaire owner. Its going to be a rubbish season.

malcbridger

It is complete supposition that Zverotic is a 'panic buy', how do we know about the background details for this deal? Anyway, if he proves to be as effective as Sascha, we may have a decent player here. Give the guy a chance...

Big Martin Jol

Quote from: malcbridger on September 03, 2013, 12:12:33 AM
It is complete supposition that Zverotic is a 'panic buy', how do we know about the background details for this deal? Anyway, if he proves to be as effective as Sascha, we may have a decent player here. Give the guy a chance...

Even in the club's statement he is referred to as cover for Riether, so I don't suppose they have brilliantly high expectations of him - but if he's on the same sort of level as Baird or Manolev then he'll be a decent purchase.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

hongkongfulham

If we can get this lot playing properly, we could be very good. All the pieces are there. Will be interested to see how we are 1/3 into the season and if there is no improvement I will probably join the Jol Out mob.

Ruiz11

Taarabt and Bent will be 'ours' as you put it if they perform well.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 03, 2013, 12:19:10 AM
Taarabt and Bent will be 'ours' as you put it if they perform well.

If QPR come up, we won't pay his fee. Bent is a risk, after his attitude at Villa.

zschwartz

at least the clubs intentions are now clear... scrape by and attempt to survive one more season. fair enough. there's a few squads thinner than ours and with some luck fitness will allow them to disappear instead.  my expectations are low. a couple upsets, a good effort at home and anything above 18th.  :047:

Denver Fulham

Honestly, I don't see too many teams that we should expect to finish ahead of. I can't see Hull ending the season with more points than us. Hopefully Newcastle, Sunderland and/or West Brom will live down to expectations and Crystal Palace will wear down. We only need three to be worse than us.

If you gave me over/under 14th place right now, I'd take under.

JBH

Quick hide the Razor Baldes and take away the belts!!

As I see it we have a side loaded with proven internationals and a manager that has taken a team to 5th in the premiership so if they can't sort it out between them it will be a group failure and not just the managers.

If we have a poor season and just stay up or are relegated then a lot of people on here will get their wish and Jol will be gone.

What ever happens none of us have any control over so there is absolutely no point in stressing over it, we have been in far worse places and positions than we find ourselves now and yet FFC still survives

The only good thing that would come out of us getting relegated is that we would see a lot of the whingers on here disappear into the night.

So until anything really bad happens like the club going bust, get on with supporting the team and think it could be worse you could support the Ha Ha's

This is my opinion and to be honest I know certain posters on here will disagree and slag my post off but after supporting Fulham for over 50 years frankly I don't give a toss.  065.gif

COYW