Previous topic - Next topic

DiegoFulham

We will be ok.  In a month we will be flying, Mark my words

S001.gif
@DiegoFulham follow for a follow back

JBH

Don't be to positive some people on here won't like it  :doh:

Lighthouse

I have read posts saying how things will be better under Jol since he arrived. Calm down, I am told, then the reasons why we play so negatively start. Poor team, no money, blame Ruiz, blame Berbatov, blame MacKintosh. Then we pick up a few points, like the away win at Sunderland and we are told how clever that win was. Sunderland miss and that is down to good defending. We have one corner and one header and its a wonderful win.

Well I truly believe we have a goodish squad with one or two holes. But while we have a manager and fans who see the result but not the performance, we will be in trouble under Jol. All away games are written off as at best defend for a draw. While home games are slow build up and gaps at the back.

I will chill when I see a Fulham side look to use the players they have and actually want the three points. The fans are divided. Those who believe Jol was right and that the last away game at Newcastle was deserving of a draw with no going forward and Berbatov playing so deep as to be useless. Or those who saw a dull, defensive, full of errors without effort to go forward. Jol subbed our one forward for a tricky midfield/ wide player and is shocked when we concede. Then we panic and throw on another forward.

I will be positive when Fulham are positive. I hope we do start to fly. I just love the team but not sure Jol is the man to make it fly.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

The Old Count

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2013, 09:19:46 AM
I have read posts saying how things will be better under Jol since he arrived. Calm down, I am told, then the reasons why we play so negatively start. Poor team, no money, blame Ruiz, blame Berbatov, blame MacKintosh. Then we pick up a few points, like the away win at Sunderland and we are told how clever that win was. Sunderland miss and that is down to good defending. We have one corner and one header and its a wonderful win.

Well I truly believe we have a goodish squad with one or two holes. But while we have a manager and fans who see the result but not the performance, we will be in trouble under Jol. All away games are written off as at best defend for a draw. While home games are slow build up and gaps at the back.

I will chill when I see a Fulham side look to use the players they have and actually want the three points. The fans are divided. Those who believe Jol was right and that the last away game at Newcastle was deserving of a draw with no going forward and Berbatov playing so deep as to be useless. Or those who saw a dull, defensive, full of errors without effort to go forward. Jol subbed our one forward for a tricky midfield/ wide player and is shocked when we concede. Then we panic and throw on another forward.

I will be positive when Fulham are positive. I hope we do start to fly. I just love the team but not sure Jol is the man to make it fly.
I was at the game. Our first shot on goal was in the 68th minute(I remember 'cos we only had 2 all game).  We looked like a league 1 side defending against a prem side in FA cup.  Newcastle were pretty poor.  That tells you what we were like.

ron

All this optimism is just the triumph of hope over experience.

Things will improve when we get some real firepower in to start scoring(which won't happen for a while now) , or Jol embraces tactical changes before and during games to maximise our strengths and counter opposition threats.

Strikers defending and midfielders attacking whilst playing for draws ( which seems to be both Jol's plan A and B) will continue our runs of mediocrity and eventual perilous season's end.

We watch with interest..........

LBNo11

...I just want Fulham to do well, play proper football, not this negative stuff that makes me and others feel negatively about the club.

Even at an age where I should choose to sit in the Riverside, I'm still at the back of H6 where I always sang and chanted, but all the enthusiasm has been drained from me, the last 5 or 6 home games I have not even felt like singing/cheering and have gone home early because I could see the same inevitable results and was not proved wrong in my judgement.

Good luck to the new players, please do your best and play to your talents, and I hope your natural talents are not subdued by playing the way we are at the moment.

PS: Make me want to come back, and to make me cheer again, make me regain my belief - please...
PPS: Agree with ron
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

jms

Quote from: LBNo11 on September 03, 2013, 11:18:28 AM
...I just want Fulham to do well, play proper football, not this negative stuff that makes me and others feel negatively about the club.

Even at an age where I should choose to sit in the Riverside, I'm still at the back of H6 where I always sang and chanted, but all the enthusiasm has been drained from me, the last 5 or 6 home games I have not even felt like singing/cheering and have gone home early because I could see the same inevitable results and was not proved wrong in my judgement.

Good luck to the new players, please do your best and play to your talents, and I hope your natural talents are not subdued by playing the way we are at the moment.

PS: Make me want to come back, and to make me cheer again, make me regain my belief - please...
PPS: Agree with ron

:plus one:

Brown@FFC

It has been a rubbish start to the season, because of the rubbish football. This is following on from a very poor last season, glittered once again with rubbish football. We needed to bulk up our squad, but because the owner/board aren't backing Jol, we are starting a season with Riise at LB. Jols poor management won't change, as it has been like it for 3 years. We have no future under Jol, and if we lose to WBA, he will be sacked.

FFC1987

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 03, 2013, 11:29:28 AM
It has been a rubbish start to the season, because of the rubbish football. This is following on from a very poor last season, glittered once again with rubbish football. We needed to bulk up our squad, but because the owner/board aren't backing Jol, we are starting a season with Riise at LB. Jols poor management won't change, as it has been like it for 3 years. We have no future under Jol, and if we lose to WBA, he will be sacked.

As much as I agree with you, you're such a negative poster haha. The end of days are here, run for the hills!

rusty shackleford

On paper we could field 2 pretty good starting 11's if everyone was fit

Stek
Riether Hangers Hughes Richardson
Duff Parker Boateng Taarabt
Ruiz Bent

Stockdale
Zverotic Amorebieta Senderos Riise
Dejagah Sidwell Karagounis Kaca
Berbatov Rodallega

and thats not even counting Frei Briggs Kasami and Mesca

So if they fail to produce, blame Jol!

Brown@FFC

Quote from: rusty shackleford on September 03, 2013, 11:42:39 AM
On paper we could field 2 pretty good starting 11's if everyone was fit

Stek
Riether Hangers Hughes Richardson
Duff Parker Boateng Taarabt
Ruiz Bent

Stockdale
Zverotic Amorebieta Senderos Riise
Dejagah Sidwell Karagounis Kaca
Berbatov Rodallega

and thats not even counting Frei Briggs Kasami and Mesca

So if they fail to produce, blame Jol!

Take Duff out of that first team, put in Dejagah. Take Ruiz out of the first team, put Taarabt there and Kaca out wide.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 03, 2013, 11:38:34 AM

As much as I agree with you, you're such a negative poster haha. The end of days are here, run for the hills!

When Jols gone, I'll be a much happier poster. Promise.

FFC1987

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 03, 2013, 01:09:06 PM

OR if Jol picks up some results and we go on a decent run with some classy performances?

Brown@FFC

Quote from: FFC1987 on September 03, 2013, 01:13:41 PM

OR if Jol picks up some results and we go on a decent run with some classy performances?

Ok, but we all know it probably won't happen.

FFC1987

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 03, 2013, 01:15:55 PM
Quote from: FFC1987 on September 03, 2013, 01:13:41 PM

Ok, but we all know it probably won't happen.

I don't think anyone 'knows' it won't happen. Come on, if it doesn't, it doesn't. He will be held accountable if that is th case, till then, I just hope people can chill out abit and focus on supporting the club rather than criticising it. (The club as a whole I mean, just Jol)

Lighthouse

Yes but it PROBABLY wont.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FFC1987

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 03, 2013, 01:25:18 PM
Yes but it PROBABLY wont.

That's better. Let's not pretend everything is a foregone conclusion and change is impossible. This is football remember!