watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

we have had a good transfer window

Started by Slaphead in Qatar, September 03, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaphead in Qatar

Yesterday we were disappointed with just getting one in. But if you look at the window in its entirety and the squad now, we look pretty strong.

I just hope we have the manager who can get us playing to potential. I am still with jol, but the next few weeks when we have so called winnable games will be crucial.

Fulham76

Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 03, 2013, 05:00:26 PM
Yesterday we were disappointed with just getting one in. But if you look at the window in its entirety and the squad now, we look pretty strong.

I just hope we have the manager who can get us playing to potential. I am still with jol, but the next few weeks when we have so called winnable games will be crucial.
Quote from: Slaphead in Qatar on September 03, 2013, 05:00:26 PM

The squad is definately good enough to do well this season, but we're being let down by our useless manager who refuses to attack. Not sure what he's scared of! The worst that can happen is we lose, but we usually do that anyway.

Buffalo76

Its time he started making his mark at the club. This is his third season after all  :clap_hands:

Lighthouse

A good window but not great. However this is now Jols side and if he can't make this squad worth watching then he should go.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Denver Fulham

Had we brought in everyone in the last couple of weeks and hadn't had a chance to see them play together yet, we could be encouraged by this window.

As it is, we have added some quality individual players, but a full preseason, three league matches and a Cup game have shown there are still multiple glaring holes in the lineup, and the fact that we didn't address either of the primary ones (better CM or LB) makes this a failure, imo.

It doesn't mean we won't play better at some point, but Jol has to make a slow, individualist team work together with guys out of position while masking one big defensive issue and figuring out how to successfully link between the back four and the front four. Maybe it's true that Jol tapped out his allocated budget early, but if he did, then he may not have optimized his spend based on early results and his inability to make anything look cohesive.

That's why I'm upset, at least. We spent money, for sure, but there were patently obvious needs that still weren't met, and we didn't fix them. Because of that, this season could be a lot harder than it should have been, with risk of relegation not off the table. We also spent eight figures on guys that have almost zero resale value after not selling one player this summer for any money.

I know we have a group of youth prospects coming in the pipeline, but at some point, you need to gamble a bit with a good investment in a promising young player, with an eye toward profiting on a flip down the road. Your whole club can't be over 30 or under 20. It's ridiculous.

ffcbulgaria

However out of the new signinigs (not counting Riether) 2 are out injured, 2 lack fitness, 1 looks like he needs time to adapt (Boateng) and one is yet to play.

On top of that we already had and have a few injured players (some considered starters) - Degajah, Richardson and lately Kasami and Riether have joined the list.

Yes it's Jol's team but its been (until now) far from possible for him to pick a fit as well as his preferred starting 11.

I understand people being concerned but it was the same last year. We had some injuries and our manager had to try various combinations for great patches of the season. Once the team settled we got hit by more injuries. Once we manage to play a straight run of 3-4 games with our main players and we're not forced to change the line-up I'd agree with the doom preachers on here.

Until then... COYW!

Brown@FFC

Based on everything that has happened, I think this is our best line up. So, you have a point of it being a good window, few changes in there:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 03, 2013, 10:08:35 PM
Based on everything that has happened, I think this is our best line up. So, you have a point of it being a good window, few changes in there:

No, No this is all wrong.... Where is Ruiz and Berba??
No this is not right :(
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

Fulhamforeva

Ruiz and berbatov don't deserve to be in it I agree with ' fulham tip north'

bigalffc

Màybe ruiz and berba are expensive passeng3rs

Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum