watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frei

Started by Beamer, September 04, 2013, 12:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beamer

Anybody understand the Frei situation, papers reporting that he is in negotations to go to Turkey (I get why that appeals) and mention transfer fee but Jol is saying he regards him highly and wants him to go somewhere to develop with games. So surely a loan is the most obvious option as we would be mad to sell a young player with potential cheap when we don't really need to.

Brown@FFC

He hasn't featured at all, not even on the bench. I can only assume he is going. I don't know when the window ends in Turkey, but I bet its later than ours. I guess its a loan with a view to a permanent deal. We should charge £5m, plus add ons. Very talented player, the Jol has unutilised.

Roberty

It was supposed to be the same dates as here.

Just a pity that when he got injured Kacaniklic nipped in ahead of him.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Wimbledon_White

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 04, 2013, 12:10:09 PM
He hasn't featured at all, not even on the bench. I can only assume he is going. I don't know when the window ends in Turkey, but I bet its later than ours. I guess its a loan with a view to a permanent deal. We should charge £5m, plus add ons. Very talented player, the Jol has unutilised.

What planet are you on?
£5M PLUS add ons? So how much in total? £8m? £9m?

This is a player who has started only a handful of games, come off the bench a couple more times and not scored a single goal.

I really don't see all this potential people speak of. He played brilliantly against Chelsea once, in the league cup, but has otherwise flattered to deceive.

He is a one-trick pony. He cuts in onto his right foot EVERY time he makes a run. Decent defenders find him out very quickly and he ends up running down blind alleys.

£5m for that? You must be mad!

£2m offered, we should snap their hands off.

aaronmcguigan

he has buckets of potentials, but has hung around with Briggs too much buying everything, trying to live the high life before hes made it.

that bromance worries me..

F(f)CUK

He will hardly play for Fulham this year and is clearly happy to push his Turkish roots. Take the money but ensure there is a decent sell on clause to allow for all this potential.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Wimbledon_White on September 04, 2013, 12:45:26 PM

What planet are you on?

This is a player who has started only a handful of games, come off the bench a couple more times and not scored a single goal.

I really don't see all this potential people speak of. He played brilliantly against Chelsea once, in the league cup, but has otherwise flattered to deceive.

He is a one-trick pony. He cuts in onto his right foot EVERY time he makes a run. Decent defenders find him out very quickly and he ends up running down blind alleys.

He is young. We should try and keep him, Duff will be gone next year, he'll have more game time next year. And who's fault is it, Jols.

General

What planet are you on?

He's also only 19 years old and is capped by the senior international team for turkey and has premiership experience and has proven himself competent of motm performances against the top teams like Chelsea. I thnk we should only be looking to loan him out and get him experience and keep him at the club long term as I think if he has a breakthrough moment whilst on loan like kaka he'll easily command a bigger fee than £9 mill, especially as the top clubs in turkey will want him due to his nationality and skill and they have the money to splash out.

TonyGilroy

And who's fault is it, Jols.

Well of course. Default position for all bad things anywhere, anyplace, anytime.

For not playing Frei Jol should of course be shot but in very inadequate, partial mitigation it has to be said that had Frei played, someone else would not; Kakaniklic, Dejagah or Duff presumably.

As said above Frei has actually failed to impress during the few chances he's had probably since the Arsenal game the season before last. Young enough to improve of course but Jol's view, which is obvously a pig ignorant one (as all but the most naive will agree) is that young players must be at least as good as their elders to break into the team.

Ridiculous of course - they should be played on potential alone and given plenty of time to see if they can cut it at this level.

HatterDon

What planet are you on?

Yeah! What do you think he is, English?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel