watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frei off to Turkey

Started by The Old Count, September 05, 2013, 07:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulJ123

In about 3-4 years, we will see how good this "golden generation" of ours. We've only had Briggs/Frei/Smalling come through our academy but think about it, when they were 17/18 our youth team was doing very well. Now we've won back to back U18 titles, so give those lads in that team a chance to break through next season and the season after before judging. Just depends Jol (or whoever is in charge next season) is willing to put faith into them.

About Frei, a shame to see him go but he hasn't really had a sustained period showing his promise due to injuries and losing his spot etc so to get 3m+ add ons would be ok business in my eyes. Just hope this isnt a recurring theme for our youngsters. I hope to see Briggs getting a run in the team with Richardson getting injured every day.

EJL

JBH

Quote from: St Eve on September 05, 2013, 06:33:35 PM
Oozes talent. What a mistake

Agree about the talent but is also very injury prone. Still nothing official so he is still at this time a Fulham player.

Gezza

Jol never forgave him for our Europa league exit.

alfie

Quote from: Gezza on September 06, 2013, 08:32:07 AM
Jol never forgave him for our Europa league exit.
Please tell us how you know that.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Burt

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2013, 09:13:34 AM
Has signed for Bursaspor for £2.5m.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2413234/Fulham-youngster-Frei-moves-Bursaspor-2-5million.html

Shame...

Interesting that the DM know that before the club. Or Twitter!!

Bet he hasn't.

It's amazing that in modern times journalists can just full out lie - check the numbers surrounding the Bale figure for examples.

Arthur

Quote from: Burt on September 06, 2013, 09:13:34 AM
Has signed for Bursaspor for £2.5m.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2413234/Fulham-youngster-Frei-moves-Bursaspor-2-5million.html

Shame...

If true, I imagine it signals that both Kacaniklic and Mesca are even more highly-rated within the Club.

From the little I've seen of him, Mesca is the most promising of the three; his is the greatest ability to beat his opponent.

EJL

jmh

Nothing about it on Bursaspor's website either.

Edited to add:  According to this article on the Premier League website, the Turkish transfer window closed at 23:59 (local time in Turkey) on September 5th, i.e. yesterday, but I suppose it could be like how the Premier League always bends the rules for Redknapp where they could let a transfer through after the end of the window based on claiming it was agreed to before the end and just waiting on paperwork.

Personally, I think Jol (reasonably) wants to loan him out rather than sell him.

jimmyc19

Fulham tweet confirmation of move to bursaspor

cmg

Quote from: jimmyc19 on September 06, 2013, 07:58:41 PM
Fulham tweet confirmation of move to bursaspor

...or, in fact, Besiktas.

cmg

Quote from: jimmyc19 on September 06, 2013, 08:01:31 PM
apologies

Nothing to apologise for! There's been so much confusion over this one, I was betting that he'd end up in Turkmenistan.

jmh

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2013/september/06/kerim-frei-departs

Jol quote:

"He's sure to have a big impact back in Turkey and I know that on a personal level it's a good option for him. As a Club, because of the structure of the deal, we are still invested in his future and what we believe he'll be able to achieve in time. I know he'll be much happier playing, so we wish him all the best."

So it sounds like there's a sell-on clause or increases to the transfer fee based on some targets.

FFCByTheRiver

Bit of a shame, but this has been coming for...well at least half a season now.

Step up Kaca, Mesca and David please...oh and Mr Jol: play them.

cmg

Personally I go along with this move. Provided we have a proper deal with sensible add-ons it makes sense to let him go.

Sure he has a lot of potential, but we have a number of candidates who fit that bill and it would be silly to try to hang on to them all.
Yes, we will look mugs if he turns out to be a superstar, but he does look a bit one dimensional and we have decided that Kaca, Mesca, Banya and a stack of younger names are the ones to go with.

grandad

The deal suits both us & Frei . Sad to see him go but he was never going to get many games for us. He will progress with Besiktas & there is a strong hint that there is more money to come.
Good luck to him for the future.
Where there's a will there's a wife

jmh

Quotes seem like he wasn't happy and wanted to be in Turkey, for what it's worth.

fulhamben

Quote from: grandad on September 06, 2013, 08:12:31 PM
The deal suits both us & Frei . Sad to see him go but he was never going to get many games for us. He will progress with Besiktas & there is a strong hint that there is more money to come.
Good luck to him for the future.
how does selling a decent 19 year old for peanuts suit us?
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.