watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Frei off to Turkey

Started by The Old Count, September 05, 2013, 07:18:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Enclosurite

Terrible decision, such a waste of a great player.  What a mess our club has become!
¡COYW!

fulhamben

Quote from: The Enclosurite on September 06, 2013, 08:26:22 PM
Terrible decision, such a waste of a great player.  What a mess our club has become!
totally agree. I have had enough of our current regime and even mr khan has done nothing to make me feel he will be a good fit here. Poor window again and shad will have to put in about 50 mil next season to replace everyone that we will lose
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Old Count

Anyone who slagged me off for posting this feel like apologising?

jmh

Come on, seriously, "great player?"  Good prospect, sure but still a way from being a great player.

fulhamben

Quote from: jmh on September 06, 2013, 08:45:24 PM
Come on, seriously, "great player?"  Good prospect, sure but still a way from being a great player.
give me a good prospect over an old has been every day of the week
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

The Enclosurite

Ok, maybe I left out the word 'potentially' but there's no denying that we have completely wasted an opportunity with him, it's no surprise he wanted to leave in the end.

And I stand by my statement that the club is in a mess right now.
¡COYW!

Robbie

He was actually not that good .... three or four games of running about and cutting in. Bye bye.

Ordar

Massively over rated on here. Was average at best. Has no end product and because he is so one footed is easily nullified. Couldn't get a game at Cardiff on loan.

By the sounds of the announcement we have a sell on clause or something, so lets hope he does well.

Scrumpy

One trick pony. We did well to sell him when we did.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

ron

It just seems to me that Jol's influence has developed a culture at the club where favourites would get a game even on crutches, while others have to just wait in the wings with resentment building.

It seems to be happening too often that well-spoken-of youngsters just drift away and accept second best elsewhere just to get a regular team place. It may be of course that none of them are good enough in the first place....but there again, where is Jol in terms of monitoring the scouts and coaches if they aren't spotting real young talent and developing it?

Arthur

Quote from: The Enclosurite on September 06, 2013, 08:57:59 PM
... there's no denying that we have completely wasted an opportunity with him...

Have we?

I recall our visit to Blackburn two seasons ago in which Blackburn had a man sent off at 0-0 in the first-half and, shortly after, Jol brought on Frei for the injured Dembele. The game didn't go as we would all have hoped: we lost 3-1 and Frei was poor - so poor that Jol subsequently substituted the substitute. Afterwards, the team's performance was heavily criticised and, above all, Jol was slated for his decision to bring on Kerim ahead of Simon Davies.

The point here is that of course, young players can only prove themselves if they're given a chance, but it's easy for us to say that this or that young player should be given a run in the team; it's not us that faces criticism if it goes wrong and it's certainly not our job that's at stake.

Moreover, Jol is not the only manager who has baulked at giving Frei game time: as a previous poster has mentioned, Malky Mackay at Cardiff didn't want to take the risk of playing him when his team were trying to get promoted.

MJG

Quote from: Arthur on September 07, 2013, 12:28:51 PM
Quote from: The Enclosurite on September 06, 2013, 08:57:59 PM
... there's no denying that we have completely wasted an opportunity with him...

Have we?

I recall our visit to Blackburn two seasons ago in which Blackburn had a man sent off at 0-0 in the first-half and, shortly after, Jol brought on Frei for the injured Dembele. The game didn't go as we would all have hoped: we lost 3-1 and Frei was poor - so poor that Jol subsequently substituted the substitute. Afterwards, the team's performance was heavily criticised and, above all, Jol was slated for his decision to bring on Kerim ahead of Simon Davies.

The point here is that of course, young players can only prove themselves if they're given a chance, but it's easy for us to say that this or that young player should be given a run in the team; it's not us that faces criticism if it goes wrong and it's certainly not our job that's at stake.

Moreover, Jol is not the only manager who has baulked at giving Frei game time: as a previous poster has mentioned, Malky Mackay at Cardiff didn't want to take the risk of playing him when his team were trying to get promoted.
that's not true. Frei was loaned to Cardiff because two of their players for injured. One of them..Bellamy..came back early and Frei made a couple of short sub appearances. He was then recalled by Jol because we had injuries.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4