watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

International Watch!

Started by Frankie-Peter Taylor, September 05, 2013, 08:11:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankie-Peter Taylor

I usually do a weekly loan watch but I thought I'd give you an International update.

So far, Pajtim Kasami scored a penalty in Switzerland's 2-0 win over Latvia, and Kerim Frei scored the 3rd in Turkey's 4-0 win over Malta, both under 21 European Championship qualifiers.

To add, Jack Grimmer was an unused substitute in Scotland u21s 4-0 loss to the Netherlands. And finally, Jesse Jorenen captained Finland's u21s to a 1-0 win over Lithuania.

Noe Baba started Ireland u19's 2-0 win over Slovenia, playing 79 minutes until Fulham team mate Dean O'Halleron's came on for him.

Brede Hangeland started for Norway vs Iceland, winning 2-0 in the process.

Lasse Vigen Christensen was an unused substitute for Denmark's u21 side as they won 6-0.

Josh Pritchard wasn't in the match day squad as Wales u21s lost 1-0 to San Marino's u21s. Yes, you read that correctly.

Giorgos Karagounis came on in the 67th minute for Greece to collect his 126th cap in a 1-0 win over Liechtenstein.

Philippe Senderos was an unused substitute in Switzerland's 4-4 draw with Iceland.

New boy Elsad Zverotic started and played 90 minutes as Montenegro draw 1-1 with Poland, which is a nice result for England.

Alex Kacaniklic played all 90minutes in Sweden's crucial 2-1 win over the Republic of Ireland.

Coming up (both in the early hours of the morning):

- Bryan Ruiz playsfor Costa Rica against the United States in a top of the table clash.
- Fernando Amorebieta, who obviously we are yet to see this season has travelled with the Venezuela squad for their game against Chile.

Lastly, Dimitar Berbatov will take part in a charity football game in honour of Stan Petrov. Also taking part will be John Terry, Gabriel Agbonlahor, Jamie Redknapp, Roy Keane and Robert Pires. Also taking part, Louis Tomlinson from One Direction and comedian John Bishop.

cmg

Thanks, Frankie. Always interesting to see what our many and varied international representatives are getting up to.

Noe Baba started for RoI in their 2-0 victory over Slovenia with Dean O'Halloran subbing for him after 74min.

HatterDon

obviously, there was no fitness problem that kept Kasami out of the squad at Newcastle.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

aaronmcguigan

First time in a long time theres no one from Fulham representing NI? At one point it was 4 in 2007 (Healy/Davis), now its 0 with Hughes not involved and Baird released

EJL

Quote from: HatterDon on September 05, 2013, 10:22:58 PM
obviously, there was no fitness problem that kept Kasami out of the squad at Newcastle.

Woeful man management. I didn't think too much of Jol's comments from last week about Kasami not being guaranteed a starting place every week, but I certainly didn't expect him to leave him out of the squad altogether.

St Eve

Is that the same Frei that we are supposedly selling?

EJL

Quote from: St Eve on September 06, 2013, 01:36:24 AM
Yeah, that's the one. Didn't you know that he signed for Besiktas, Bursaspor and Gala yesterday for a three-way transfer? It's a deal exclusive to the Turkish Super Lig.

cmg

Quote from: EJL on September 06, 2013, 01:41:36 AM
Quote from: St Eve on September 06, 2013, 01:36:24 AM
Yeah, that's the one. Didn't you know that he signed for Besiktas, Bursaspor and Gala yesterday for a three-way transfer? It's a deal exclusive to the Turkish Super Lig.

Yes. The fact that Fenerbahce aren't interested is a savage indictment of our academy/coaches/manager/view from JH stand (delete as appropriate).

FFCAli

The Fulham website talks of Kasami, Joronen and others...but no mention of Frei so it looks as if he's definitely gone.  Too bad, but he wouldn't have got much game time if we'd kept him, too many people play where he does.

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Under 19's
Dean O'Halloran and Noe Baba 

both played for THE Republic of Ireland U19  defeat Slovenia in a friendly game  2 -0 at the RSC

valdeingruo

Kaca starts for the Swedes, Ill be watching.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Frankie-Peter Taylor

chiefo

Amorebieta was an unused sub in their game against Chile. Lost 3.0, not surprising if any truth in the pebble dash story.  But hopefully he's good to go Saturday.