watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

West Brom is 1 week away

Started by St Eve, September 08, 2013, 07:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

Already it is one of those "must wins". We must stop the home losing streak, get 3 points and move up to mid table, and get some confidence back in the team. Jol has his work cut out over this week to come up with the right team selection and formation. Left back is a major one. None of us agree on the best starting 11 so I don't envy him

JBH

Then again none of us have the first idea how to be a premiership manager do we?

Fulham76

Quote from: St Eve on September 08, 2013, 07:06:27 PM
Already it is one of those "must wins". We must stop the home losing streak, get 3 points and move up to mid table, and get some confidence back in the team. Jol has his work cut out over this week to come up with the right team selection and formation. Left back is a major one. None of us agree on the best starting 11 so I don't envy him

Must win? Already??? Our team is more than good enough to beat west brom but we have to try & win, attack them, have shots. Not Jol's style unfortunately, and that's what will get us relegated. Not one premier league team will come to the cottage & play like we do away from home i.e. play / hope not to get beat & hold on for a point.
I do agree though, an important game for us already.

Roberty

There has been an International break - it would be wonderful if everyone was fit and available for selection.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

St Eve

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 08, 2013, 08:05:46 PM
Quote from: St Eve on September 08, 2013, 07:06:27 PM

Must win? Already??? Our team is more than good enough to beat west brom but we have to try & win, attack them, have shots. Not Jol's style unfortunately, and that's what will get us relegated. Not one premier league team will come to the cottage & play like we do away from home i.e. play / hope not to get beat & hold on for a point.
I do agree though, an important game for us already.
Yes already it is one of those "must wins"

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: JBH on September 08, 2013, 07:56:46 PM
Then again none of us have the first idea how to be a premiership manager do we?

Is this the latest fashion, going around telling other members they can't have an opinion because they're not a Premiership manager? If so, we might as well just shut up and not say anything, letting Martin Jol continue as the clued up manager he is. What a load of twaddle.

PaulJ123

Stek
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Briggs
Parker Kasami
Taarabt Ruiz Kacaniklic
Bent

That will never happen though as Berbatov will have to play

SP

Not a must win game in a footballing sense, more a danger that a growing section of our fans will go wobbly legged & throw dogs abuse at the manager.

We need to give this team more time.

Bassey the warrior

Agree, this is definitely a must-win, but also must-convince, must-inspire, must dominate, must-excite. Berba should be dropped and Sidwell and Riise.

The Old Count

Quote from: SP on September 08, 2013, 08:32:29 PM
Not a must win game in a footballing sense, more a danger that a growing section of our fans will go wobbly legged & throw dogs abuse at the manager.

We need to give this team more time.
I agree. We should give the team more time. BUT, if we're bottom three at Christmas, are we allowed to ask for a change?

SP

What really worries me is that WBA haven't even scored a goal this season...

SP

Too true.  To think, turn the clock back one year & there were people on here predicting QPR would finish above us.

St Eve

Quote from: The Moose on September 08, 2013, 08:36:09 PM
Agree, this is definitely a must-win, but also must-convince, must-inspire, must dominate, must-excite. Berba should be dropped and Sidwell and Riise.

Well put. Berba won't be dropped but Sidwell and Riise will

Cravenawin

Quote from: PaulJ123 on September 08, 2013, 08:25:45 PM
Stek
Riether Hangeland Amorebieta Briggs
Parker Kasami
Taarabt Ruiz Kacaniklic
Bent

That will never happen though as Berbatov will have to play
Like that team a lot. If Jols got the balls to ignore Berbatov, I reckon that team will create bucket loads of chances

Fulham76

Quote from: SP on September 08, 2013, 08:42:02 PM
What really worries me is that WBA haven't even scored a goal this season...

Cue a hat trick for some player that hasn't scored for 2 years then...

rhyspabsolom

St Eve

HatterDon

Quote from: Alfayedslovechild on September 08, 2013, 08:21:16 PM

Is this the latest fashion, going around telling other members they can't have an opinion because they're not a Premiership manager? If so, we might as well just shut up and not say anything, letting Martin Jol continue as the clued up manager he is. What a load of twaddle.

and, yet, Mr. Hairnet is not shy about displaying his knowledge of football management in support of his complaints.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

The OP is right when he said this is a must win game.

We have an increasingly poor home record as of late, Wba are a very poor side so far this season, we are a very poor side so far this season...

Winning these sort of games is essential if we not only want to stay up this season, but to push for a top ten spot. Games wont come much easier this season than wba at home, (I honestly see them going down this year ) If we lose this game how much longer will you "Jol In brigade" put up with it before admitting you were wrong?

Personally I see us winning this one, and maybe just maybe Jol will start to silence some of us who are calling for him to be sacked

MJG

It may not seem like a must win game to a lot of you, but if you look at our record against the teams that have finished in the top 7 for the last 2 seasons we have only picked up on average 8 pts from those games per season.

So we need to get the 32 pts (to make 40) from the other 24 games. so on avaerage we need to beat teams like WBA to get to that magic 40 pts mark.

Its a must win win for Jol I believe and also a decent performance is required. If its another 1 shot and win game, you just know how dire it would be during it.