News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zamora, Bullard, Boa, Steed, Saha, Davis - should they have left?

Started by Jimpav, September 10, 2013, 10:51:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Jimpav on September 10, 2013, 09:34:36 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on September 10, 2013, 06:07:35 PM
Strip Zamora out, (i'm sure some will disagree but i've never been a fan), & you've genuinely got some top players on that list. And all without paying a fortune.
What has happened to our scouting?

I'm one that will disagree. Zamora had a rotten attitude but was an excellent player and was the driving force behind our Europa campaign. If he had been as charismatic as Mcbride and had the temperament of Brede he would have been remembered in a much better light.

With that temperament & charisma he would have the best Fulham player since the maestro. His head is what kept him out of it. Still he had a career season to our benefit and put a pile of dough in the chairman's hands. Good piece of business. 
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

The Equalizer

Quote from: frei bentos on September 10, 2013, 11:14:49 AM
If you mean sean then no. If you mean gordon then yes

Sean Davis, Gordon Davies. Big difference which is shaped like an 'e'.

..and about 170 goals.

Sean did say that in hindsight leaving Fulham was the worst decision he's ever made.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc