watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Only mildly Fulham related. US v. Mexico WC qualifier thread - will be moved

Started by RidgeRider, September 11, 2013, 01:11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RidgeRider

Mexico with a couple of good opportunities so far. Howard with a great save.

FortCollinsFulham

Jamaica with the late equalizer against CR. US may go back atop the group. Honduras up 1 nil.
'Cause I'm already gone, if you bet on me you've won.

Up you Whites

RidgeRider

Dempsey misses a penalty .....lame.....but on to World Cup finals! ok not yet but looks good.....

HatterDon

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

btings

costarican white

Wherever there's a Costa Rican... there's peace.

btings

I would love to see Honduras qualify in 3rd place.  A bunch of the players in that team play in MLS (a couple for the Earthquakes, including Victor Bernardez, who I adore) and I like the way they play as a team.

AmericanJames

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 11, 2013, 02:59:41 AM
Dempsey misses a penalty .....lame.....but on to World Cup finals! ok not yet but looks good.....

He missed it on purpose to preserve the legend of the Dos A Cero!!
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

AmericanJames

Was at the game, one of the best football experiences of my life. Just such an incredible atmosphere. No sitting nonstop chanting and noise for the duration and we are going to Brazil.
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Forever Fulham

It's interesting how three starters in that qualifier have played for Fulham (Salcido, Dempsey, and  Johnson).  Bocanegra might have even been sitting on the bench for the U.S., making it four.  What a small world.

FancyPantsil

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 11, 2013, 02:59:41 AM

I don't care if Donovan is still working is way out of the dog house, Dempsey should NEVER take a penalty.  He's dreadful at penalties.  The one he scored against Costa Rica was terrible, and he was just tremendously lucky that the CR keeper couldn't handle it.  Reinstate Donovan as penalty kick taker!

horse1031

Hatter, have you changed your stance on Juergen??  If I remember right you weren't so high on him...

HatterDon

Quote from: horse1031 on September 11, 2013, 01:46:53 PM
Hatter, have you changed your stance on Juergen??  If I remember right you weren't so high on him...

Well, that's a fair and somewhat embarrassing question. The answer must be "Yes." We have adopted a new attitude, and it has to be down to Klinsmann. Before, if we got an early goal we would shut up shop and pass sideways -- sound familiar? Now, we seem to have the idea that once we score, we should take advantage of the other side's need to equalize by going for their throat again and again. We went through the Gold Cup -- with basically our C team -- with an astounding goal difference all because we have decided to attack.

Klinsmann has had a magnificent summer -- it's still summer in Texas, believe me -- winning qualification  in the World Cup, winning our major regional trophy and beating Germany and Bosnia [away]. PLUS, he's used the non-qualifying games to find players who will fill our our 23 in Brazil -- Besler, Diskerud, Bedoya.

Yes, I was wrong. I enjoy watching us play and I like it that we're winning.

horse1031

Quote from: HatterDon on September 11, 2013, 01:56:03 PM
Hatter, have you changed your stance on Juergen??  If I remember right you weren't so high on him...

Well, that's a fair and somewhat embarrassing question. The answer must be "Yes." We have adopted a new attitude, and it has to be down to Klinsmann. Before, if we got an early goal we would shut up shop and pass sideways -- sound familiar? Now, we seem to have the idea that once we score, we should take advantage of the other side's need to equalize by going for their throat again and again. We went through the Gold Cup -- with basically our C team -- with an astounding goal difference all because we have decided to attack.

Klinsmann has had a magnificent summer -- it's still summer in Texas, believe me -- winning qualification  in the World Cup, winning our major regional trophy and beating Germany and Bosnia [away]. PLUS, he's used the non-qualifying games to find players who will fill our our 23 in Brazil -- Besler, Diskerud, Bedoya.

haha, i wasnt trying to make a point, i was just wondering if you had changed your mind on him.  he does seem to have them motivated doesn't he?  He also seems to be bringing the younger players along with him and has helped Jozy become a better player.  He also didn't let Landon just waltz back into the team even though he knows he needs him to succeed.  Its simple, if you play well and work hard, you will play.  Pretty good result considering Bradley was hurt but Mexico looks completely lost!

maybe Jol can do the same?!!?!?!?  not likely but maybe there's hope somewhere 079.gif

one last thing, do you think Clint is losing his edge being in the MLS?

HatterDon

Quote from: horse1031 on September 11, 2013, 02:20:44 PM
Quote from: HatterDon on September 11, 2013, 01:56:03 PM
Hatter, have you changed your stance on Juergen??  If I remember right you weren't so high on him...

Klinsmann has had a magnificent summer -- it's still summer in Texas, believe me -- winning qualification  in the World Cup, winning our major regional trophy and beating Germany and Bosnia [away]. PLUS, he's used the non-qualifying games to find players who will fill our our 23 in Brazil -- Besler, Diskerud, Bedoya.

haha, i wasnt trying to make a point, i was just wondering if you had changed your mind on him.  he does seem to have them motivated doesn't he?  He also seems to be bringing the younger players along with him and has helped Jozy become a better player.  He also didn't let Landon just waltz back into the team even though he knows he needs him to succeed.  Its simple, if you play well and work hard, you will play.  Pretty good result considering Bradley was hurt but Mexico looks completely lost!

maybe Jol can do the same?!!?!?!?  not likely but maybe there's hope somewhere 079.gif

one last thing, do you think Clint is losing his edge being in the MLS?

Nope. He's still getting fit after yet ANOTHER preseason bereft of pitch time.

He was 24 seconds away from having a great match last night.  064.gif

btings

SoCalJoe

Quote from: btings on September 11, 2013, 06:08:25 PM
Oh my goodness, they need to stop letting Clint take penalties.

Found out the reason why he always hoofs it down the middle instead of going for a corner didn't we?   :doh:
You can observe a lot by just watching.