News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR anybody out there who works for a planning department ?

Started by VicHalomsLovechild, September 12, 2013, 04:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VicHalomsLovechild

I'm selling my house at the moment and it appears that a final check on the side extension wasn't done way back in 1994. My local council say as it was done so long ago they will just send a letter stating that and they won't be aiming to have it pulled down. Job done. However I don't think my buyers will be happy with this as they came unstuck with a previous buy. Any ideas anyone?

WhiteJC

I had the same thing with my conservatory, it cost me £5000 as my buyers used it to drive the price down!

DukeTyrion

When I bought my house it didn't have planning permission for the extension.

I just got next door to write to the council to say it had always been there, and since it had been there over 10 years (or somesuch), permission was granted straight away.

Joe McDonald

Quote from: VicHalomsLovechild on September 12, 2013, 04:36:25 PM
I'm selling my house at the moment and it appears that a final check on the side extension wasn't done way back in 1994. My local council say as it was done so long ago they will just send a letter stating that and they won't be aiming to have it pulled down. Job done. However I don't think my buyers will be happy with this as they came unstuck with a previous buy. Any ideas anyone?

As the works have been in place for over ten years, they are now classed as having permitted development.  This means that the Council can NOT commence with enforcement action that would require you, or any future owner, to take the extension down.  The Council's letter, will effectively be a planning decision notice giving planning permission.

Hope that helps.

SuffolkWhite

Naaaah give your buyers a discount, don't be such a scrooge poor loves  :005:
Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

VicHalomsLovechild

Thanks JC, Duke and Joe. Suffolk you're a plum, just cos I got us on the wrong train in Switzerland, you saw the match! just let it go!

I know the council aren't interested in any form of enforcement. It's just the buyers solicitors are being really anal about paperwork. It's looks as if we didn't have the final inspection. i'd happily make tea and provide chocolate biscuits if they'd comeback but they don't seem interested.