more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

jol out

Started by cottager123, September 14, 2013, 04:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Equalizer

Quote from: ash on September 14, 2013, 05:13:01 PM
Can't believe how many fans can call for a managers head so quickly and so easily. We are Fulham FC, don't forget about where we have come from in such a short space of time. In Jol in trust and with more time things will get better. Consistency is the key to success.

Quickly? You mean 4 games into his 3rd season? I call that 'taking your time'.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

bill taylors apprentice

The crazy thing is we have, arguably the best squad we have ever had on paper, but i have a feeling this could be a long hard slog of a season.
Like the players, IMO Jol ticks a lot of boxes when it comes to being the right manager for us,
BUT it ain't happening and its not really clicked on a regular enough basis from the start.
I would almost prefer a poor team who are not good enough but sweat blood and look like they care.  

The Old Count

Quote from: SKSW6 on September 14, 2013, 05:15:16 PM
Quote from: ash on September 14, 2013, 05:08:17 PM
We are 4 games into the season. We should have beaten West Brom. We were the better team, and unfortunately last minute goals happen and we were on the receiving end of one today.

We were a lot more positive today. Fickle comments from fickle fans really annoy me. It's still early days and people blurting out all of this pessimistic "Jol out" bs isn't going to help anything. I for one saw a good performance today from which, with more time to gel, we can go on and win a lot more games.

Only Scott Parker who played today was a new signing, who needs to gel? I don't know if I'm Jol out due to the lack of quality alternatives, but his tactics are bizarre. We have all of this attacking quality, yet we go completely negative when we score 1, and the other team inevitably equalise.
Four games into a season...have you forgotten last season.  We were a bit fortunate to stay up last year. 
The blind faith in Jol from some supporters surprises me.

Al

Did you watch the game ? From what I watched we controlled the game for large chunks, we had 3 goals disallowed and apart from the header at the end kept them to very few chances. I am not going to deny that conceeding 2 lates goals in the last 2 games is massively frustrating but if the team switch off how can that be blamed on the manager. These players are paid a fortune and should play for the whole game. Brede got caught ball watching and did not keep an eye on his player, brede's fault not Jols.

JackyFulham90

We should NOT get rid this is Jols squad we are only 4 games in to a season,  we deserved to win today unfortunately football can be cruel

Berserker

Jol out Pardew in. He will Newcastle at somepoint with the Kinnear situation
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

DJinNJ

Quote from: Berbasilk_111 on September 14, 2013, 05:14:50 PM
I honestly think we played much better than against Newcastle, with better finishing we would have put the game outside Albion's reach. Did I watch a different game?

No, you didn't, some people just like to moan. Was better than our only win as well. And I thought the usual problems (parking the bus when up one goal, crazy substitutions) weren't a factor (arguable though, I admit). We looked quite good at times... for a lot of the time actually. Rather than complain that we drew after hitting the crossbar, having goals disallowed for offside, and then conceding on a set piece (none of which can reasonably be attributed to the manager), I'd see it as a step in the right direction. Though I can understand how a relentlessly negative person might see it otherwise.

Obviously many people have a longstanding desire to see Jol sacked and that's fine. But we took a step forward today, I think the players will gain some confidence despite the temporary disappointment of dropping two points, and sacking the manager would negate that. Besides that, you're living in a different world if you think Jol's sacking is imminent, we've basically just allowed him to build the team he wanted, he's going to get some time to work with it. Obviously there are limits on how badly we can do before he gets sacked, but as long as we're staying afloat he's not going anywhere.

PokerMatt

Quote from: DJinNJ on September 14, 2013, 05:40:20 PM
I honestly think we played much better than against Newcastle, with better finishing we would have put the game outside Albion's reach. Did I watch a different game?

No, you didn't, some people just like to moan. Was better than our only win as well. And I thought the usual problems (parking the bus when up one goal, crazy substitutions) weren't a factor (arguable though, I admit). We looked quite good at times... for a lot of the time actually. Rather than complain that we drew after hitting the crossbar, having goals disallowed for offside, and then conceding on a set piece (none of which can reasonably be attributed to the manager), I'd see it as a step in the right direction. Though I can understand how a relentlessly negative person might see it otherwise.

Obviously many people have a longstanding desire to see Jol sacked and that's fine. But we took a step forward today, I think the players will gain some confidence despite the temporary disappointment of dropping two points, and sacking the manager would negate that. Besides that, you're living in a different world if you think Jol's sacking is imminent, we've basically just allowed him to build the team he wanted, he's going to get some time to work with it. Obviously there are limits on how badly we can do before he gets sacked, but as long as we're staying afloat he's not going anywhere.

065.gif

This is a really good post. I try to avoid anything knee-jerk after the game as I'd say things I don't really mean. Usually the next day I can see both positives and negatives.

Today we played some really good stuff at times, and created a lot more than we usually do. Parker, Kasami and Sidwell in particular were good and let's face it we really deserved to win. It was obvious how it was going, but confidence needs to be built up over time. The performance was much improved and in time (and in theory) so will the results.

I admit that I thought Jol had had enough time after the Newcastle shambles, but despite the result I saw some good signs today.
Follow me: @mattdjourno

Brown@FFC

Negative football. Jol is clueless, absolutely clueless. He has no idea how to manage the team. People say it's too early. He has been here for 3 seasons. Why keep him for a few more games, we will get nothing at Chelsea, we won't beat Everton. There is no future for Jol at Fulham, and the quicker he goes, the better.

jarv

yes, only 4 games in, yes Fulham were better today but the same problems exist and will continue to exist as long as Jol exists as the manager.
Fulham were not unlucky today. 3 offside goals is not bad luck, it is bad play, it is lack  of concentration, lack of vision.
Fulham did control huge periods of the gme but it was useless control with no end product. One instant, Kaca had a great run and crossed the ball into the box. How many Fulham players in the box? One guess, ZERO.
Anotehr injury time goal. Will this ever end? I doubt it.
Jol out? gets my vote.

The Old Count

Quote from: PokerMatt on September 14, 2013, 05:46:41 PM
Quote from: DJinNJ on September 14, 2013, 05:40:20 PM

065.gif

This is a really good post. I try to avoid anything knee-jerk after the game as I'd say things I don't really mean. Usually the next day I can see both positives and negatives.

Today we played some really good stuff at times, and created a lot more than we usually do. Parker, Kasami and Sidwell in particular were good and let's face it we really deserved to win. It was obvious how it was going, but confidence needs to be built up over time. The performance was much improved and in time (and in theory) so will the results.

I admit that I thought Jol had had enough time after the Newcastle shambles, but despite the result I saw some good signs today.
Yeh! Good post.  As much as I have longstanding, not dislike but distrust of Jol's ability there was enough today to warrant giving him more time.
As has been said. As long as we're not deep in the doo doo Mr Jol ain't going nowhere.

fulham1234

Its not Jols fault the players missed the chances to give us the win! He set the team up which were very capable of getting the win but we got unlucky and it didn't happen! The quality of players he has bought into the club are phenominal who would not be here if Jol wasn't manager, he just needs to find the right balance and find the team that works!

Brown@FFC

Quote from: fulham1234 on September 14, 2013, 06:35:17 PM
Its not Jols fault the players missed the chances to give us the win! He set the team up which were very capable of getting the win but we got unlucky and it didn't happen! The quality of players he has bought into the club are phenominal who would not be here if Jol wasn't manager, he just needs to find the right balance and find the team that works!

He has had long enough, he can't do it.

Twig

People keep saying that various aspects of our disappointing performances and/or results are not Jol's faut. To the point where I am beginning to wonder what is the point of a manager if he has so little influence over the performance or the results?  I take the point that some things are beyond a manager's control and am not seeking to vilify Jol but sorry I don't buy this line of reasoning.  Like many I detest our current style of play; conservative, unadventurous, timid, defensive and seemingly lacking in any consistent shape.  I was disappointed with the squad selection this week, if you are going to risk Richardson then pick cover, instead Jol was left with no option but to replace him with a debutante centre back (ignoring a utility player). I was also frustrated by the complete absence of Dejagah, the reluctance to use Tarrabt and the persistent use of Ruiz out of position as a "wide" player.  All this is down to Jol's tactics and decision making and so he must take responsibility.