watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol said this is a must win game.....

Started by JIMMY D, September 14, 2013, 05:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JIMMY D

Well Jol....... You decided to hold the ball at the back and not attack..... West Brom deserved a draw. I seriously can't see the next win if we keep on playing slow negative football. Why did we not start with some tempo???? Why Mr Jol?????

JackyFulham90

West Brom deserved a draw? Against Newcastle we were really poor but we deserved to win today on another day we would have won comfortably,  football can be cruel

fulham1234

Quote from: JIMMY D on September 14, 2013, 05:03:37 PM
Well Jol....... You decided to hold the ball at the back and not attack..... West Brom deserved a draw. I seriously can't see the next win if we keep on playing slow negative football. Why did we not start with some tempo???? Why Mr Jol?????
were you even at the game?? west brom were barely out of their half the first half and if we had taken our chances would've been well out of sight! I thought we played well today and conceded a poor corner, but that's football!

Fulham76

Quote from: fulham1234 on September 14, 2013, 06:32:04 PM
were you even at the game?? west brom were barely out of their half the first half and if we had taken our chances would've been well out of sight! I thought we played well today and conceded a poor corner, but that's football!

I don't remember all these chances I keep reading we had & wouldn't say we dominated anything. Dominating would be having attempts in the double figures, great saves from their keeper, 60%+ possession.

Thought we played okay & kept the ball reasonably well but always in the wrong places. You don't win games by passing it back & forward between the back 4 & midfield. Unbelievably slow going forward. And according to the stats had 2 shots on target, (which is what i remember). Very poor at home against a team like west brom.

Walsh

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 14, 2013, 07:52:16 PM

I don't remember all these chances I keep reading we had & wouldn't say we dominated anything. Dominating would be having attempts in the double figures, great saves from their keeper, 60%+ possession.

Thought we played okay & kept the ball reasonably well but always in the wrong places. You don't win games by passing it back & forward between the back 4 & midfield. Unbelievably slow going forward. And according to the stats had 2 shots on target, (which is what i remember). Very poor at home against a team like west brom.

we did have 62% possession in the 70th minute and finished on 57% possession which ain't bad going, I feel we could have scored at least 3 and Rodallega's goal was slightly harsh to be called offside but dominating is a harsh word.

Fulham76

Quote from: Walsh on September 14, 2013, 08:14:45 PM

we did have 62% possession in the 70th minute and finished on 57% possession which ain't bad going, I feel we could have scored at least 3 and Rodallega's goal was slightly harsh to be called offside but dominating is a harsh word.

Possession is no good if you don't do anything with it, which we didn't. I think we could have dominated west brom today, we have better players but so slow going forward & prefer to pass back most of the time.

BarryP

q

I wish people would quit calling the Rodallega disallowance harsh or close. It was neither because Sidwell was clearly standing in an offside position on Ruiz's shot directly before heading the ball to Hugo. It was the right call and an easy one.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Cravenawin

Quote from: BarryP on September 14, 2013, 10:24:36 PM
q

I wish people would quit calling the Rodallega disallowance harsh or close. It was neither because Sidwell was clearly standing in an offside position on Ruiz's shot directly before heading the ball to Hugo. It was the right call and an easy one.
Berbatovs second disallowed goal looked level to me when I checked it on TV. Thought the benefit of the doubt should go to the attacking team. Still that Lino was never going to give us anything all match, hence the two handball appeals in the box

epsomraver

It was offside easily, the hand balls were not hand ball. The lino on the JH was appalling in some of his decisions though and the corner when they scored was not a corner, Probert had no idea so he gave it to WBA

Cravenawin

Quote from: epsomraver on September 15, 2013, 10:34:49 AM
It was offside easily, the hand balls were not hand ball. The lino on the JH was appalling in some of his decisions though and the corner when they scored was not a corner, Probert had no idea so he gave it to WBA
Offside easily? Think you need to take another look.