watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

post match reaction - merged threads

Started by Irelands_number1, September 14, 2013, 07:13:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

Picking on elements of todays game that were good does not change the pattern of the last two seasons and the first few games. Yes we were unlucky. We all have opinions on players and who did well and who didn't. But the overall game pattern hasn't changed.

We were playing a side who hadn't scored this season and looked very average. Yes we should have won easily. The fact we didn't, bad luck or not, does not change the Jol negative way of playing.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

HatterDon

Quote from: Ordar on September 14, 2013, 07:16:29 PM
Quote from: Irelands_number1 on September 14, 2013, 07:13:21 PM
Kaca were brilliant, Kaca was amazing going forward, very direct and exciting

I really couldn't disagree with this point anymore

As you have in five or six active threads. We get it.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Andy S

Relegation!! A bit of an over reaction I think Mr Prophet

Enter the Frei

Quote from: Aaron on September 14, 2013, 08:38:47 PM
Quote from: General on September 14, 2013, 08:10:52 PM
Do you think the players will be able to tell the difference - boos are boos.

This is a rather silly statement..  If it's true then, by default, the following would also have to be true:

1) Footballers live inside bubbles with no access to the media.
2) Footballers know less about football than we do.
3) Footballers are not millionaires and their loyalty to their current club extends further than the duration of their contract.

The boosa at the game today sounded like we were booing the team plain and simple. In general in the media there has not been much about Martin Jol being under pressure so why would the players assume it's the managers fault. Even then if you are a player at this club and it doesn't bother you that our manager is getting booed I'm afraid they shouldn't be here.

Berbasilk_111

Ruiz scapegoating is awful today, it's not like he even played badly today. I assure you that Fulhams form will drop even more without him

DJinNJ

Even if they're aware that the fans aren't happy with the manager, it's still a reflection on them. Are they unhappy with the team selection? Then the fans don't think you should be playing. They also know that they should have won, it wasn't the tactics that failed. In isolation, you would think the booing would be for Hangeland, as it was his error that cost us the points. And would anyone have booed if we won, even though we would have done so if Jol had done everything the same but Ruiz shot was an inch lower or Hangeland marked the man instead of the ball?

I thought it was pretty embarrassing as it makes us sound like entitled fans of big clubs.  It's only a matter of time until we see the "Jol out. Fact" signs.  If you can't appreciate being the better team on the day -- or simply refuse to recognize, willingly or unwillingly, that we were the better team because you demand the satisfaction of Jol being sacked -- and you need three points or complete domination, then I don't see how following a smaller club like Fulham can be much fun for you. I'm not saying you can't be critical over the long term direction of the club, but the team looked good today, I think the players would recognize that we were the better team, so for the fans' (or at least the most vocal fans') immediate reaction to be booing has to be disappointing.

Aaron

I would agree that we were the better team today, barely, against one of the worst teams in the league, at home and we still didn't win.

Would you agree that with the names we have available for the team sheet and our historically rock-solid home form that we should have been the better team by a country mile?  We weren't and haven't been for nearly a year now.

ffcbulgaria

I completely agree with 100% of what General has put in so far in this thread.
Would be good if more people actually understood that and showed more positive attitude towards team and management.

COYW!

Aaron

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 14, 2013, 09:40:34 PM
Would be good if more people actually understood that and showed more positive attitude towards team and management.

COYW!

Ugh..

I don't want to flog a dead horse here and I hate seeing the lads lose as much as anyone else, but in what other scenarios in reality is that the way of the world?

You have an incompetent employee, so your duty as an observer is to condone and support this course of action?

Your dog isn't quite house trained so you give him a treat when he lets one go on the kitchen floor?

I don't boo.. But I can't blame anyone for doing it right now.  I certainly will not cheer/clap a crap performance.  I support the team, but there's no way I'm going to deliberately maintain some rose-tinted, willfully ignorant and blinkered-eye-view on things.

Jol is a terrible tactician and is putting the egos of his golden boys ahead of the welfare of the rest of the team, fact.  Trying to be positive about this is not a good thing.

JBH

Quote from: ffcbulgaria on September 14, 2013, 09:40:34 PM

COYW!

I agree too and may I add when fans boo their own team at the end of a game then they are booing every member of the side and after the Terrific performance put in by Kasami today
it was a bloody insult!

Travers Barney

The swedish left winger does my head in...never beats his man...constantly drifts inside and when in good positions fails to find his man...parker got the right hump with him today.

Never ever be good enough.

coyw
We are the whites

epsomraver

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 14, 2013, 10:32:42 PM
The swedish left winger does my head in...never beats his man...constantly drifts inside and when in good positions fails to find his man...parker got the right hump with him today.

coyw

If you are talking about Alex Kaca then I thought it was a toss up between him and Sidwell for MOM, he had a great game!

RidgeRider

how many games in a row of poor play and results do we have to endure before we all agree Jol is not the way forward. He is only good at getting players in. Results matter. Well written and reasonable reasoned posts by supporters do not.

Jol has to go for us to progress or avoid relegation. He is clueless. This is an extension to last season. Nothing has changed except the roster.

How long has it been since we won at home? A long damn time.........JOL OUT!

nose

we were poor today for extended periods against a rotten WBA who before today had failed to score in the league.

Free kicks continue to go backwards or sideways then backwards, ruiz continues to lose possesion because he can't and won't play the ball quickly, has no body strengty and no pace, ebven when he hiit the crossbar it would have been easier to score.... he was showboating and it cost us.

jol's team selection and tactics are dreadful, no pace and nop width, even our gola came when richardson decide to take matters into his own hands leading to the corner for the goal... that was against the tactics of jol.

i haven't lost the plot, i can see the future and it looks very much like the championship next season. unless of course we make the change of manager soon!

nose

Get used to the idea, that is where we are heading next season. The manager has not a clue, we couldn't beat a second rate WBA, a team low on confidence and which also had not much idea. The three off side goals spoke volumes about how lkittle idea our players have of what is going on. WBA did not catch our guys offside, our players wandered offside in a manner of criminal negligence.

Ruiz will struggle in the championship too, as he struggled against burton and the championship is more 'competitive' than the premier league.

and we have quite a good squad, a couple of tweaks and we could do well. but first the manager really has to be dealt with or millwall and derby here we come!

Classic94

I'm amazed that some on here are calling this a knee-jerk reaction. Jol has essentially failed at his job for the past 12 months, in which time, results have been poor and the football even worse. Once again, his tactics today were all wrong, and a contributing factor in our failure to win the game. To sit on a 1-nil lead is dangerous at the best of times, but to do it at home to one of the weakest sides in the division is utterly moronic. Still, I suppose this an improvement on a fortnight ago where we showed no desire to even... well... do anything, against a poor Newcastle side in absolute turmoil. At present, watching Fulham is not a pleasant experience. It's not even Fulhamish. It's just plain dull; tepid, uninspired drivel. Surely, as paying supporters, we are entitled to expect more from our manager?

nose

Quote from: Classic94 on September 15, 2013, 12:26:10 AM
I'm amazed that some on here are calling this a knee-jerk reaction. Jol has essentially failed at his job for the past 12 months, in which time, results have been poor and the football even worse. Once again, his tactics today were all wrong, and a contributing factor in our failure to win the game. To sit on a 1-nil lead is dangerous at the best of times, but to do it at home to one of the weakest sides in the division is utterly moronic. Still, I suppose this an improvement on a fortnight ago where we showed no desire to even... well... do anything, against a poor Newcastle side in absolute turmoil. At present, watching Fulham is not a pleasant experience. It's not even Fulhamish. It's just plain dull; tepid, uninspired drivel. Surely, as paying supporters, we are entitled to expect more from our manager?

not knee jerk and to be fair he has failed for two years and a bit of a season. his whole handling of the squad he inherited was a management how not to guide and his dealing of the europa cup was quite discgraceful

the man is a menace. not knee jerk, considered, sorry that is my belief and i want what is best for fulham and it isn't him.

St Eve

Quote from: Travers Barney on September 14, 2013, 10:32:42 PM

coyw
I thought Kaca had a good game. My MOM actually

Bill2

Quote from: Enter the Frei on September 14, 2013, 08:09:49 PM
Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 14, 2013, 08:06:35 PM
I agree with all that.

It was a decent performance and we did more than enough to win. At the end of the day of course it's results only but more performances of that calibre will soon see better results.

Kasami is showing signs that he could be quite something. Kaka improves all the time.

I'm prepared to be patient and see how things develop.

Kasami really impressed me today. Him Sidwell and Parker actually looked a really effective midfield 3.
Sorry I can't agree and as I was quite damming of him v Arsenal kept an eye on him and he was useless. Added nothing to the game was playing at statues for a lot of the time and should have been subbed  very early on in the game.

Bill2

Quote from: Ordar on September 14, 2013, 08:07:07 PM
Two of the disallowed goals were miles offside, the second was tight but correct. I really don't think that has any bearing whatsoever on the performance. It wasn't a good performance at home, to a very poor West Brom side
Help, can you explain why the third offside goal was offsidel looked good to me?