watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have we been hijacked?

Started by MasterHaynes, September 14, 2013, 08:40:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MasterHaynes

Anyone noticing a pattern? The more vociferous and more negative it generally comes from the same collection of brand new posters, coincidence I think not? just look the negative posts and see who posts the most.I'm sure they see themselves as superior keyboard warriors, pretty sure none support Fulham from their mails just trying to tear this board and the club down. Take a look and you will notice it's the same posters also jumping on anyone that posts a balanced or positive post. The can't contain their glee when anyone announces they are fed up with board and are leaving.

Personally I'm going to ignore their posts from now on and only read balanced posts from supporters.  049:gif

Lighthouse

No I haven't noticed that. But trying to devide the fans as you are doing actually causes more harm. Just accept that some people don't like dull negative football. Today was a bit unlucky but we were very slow at times putting the ball forward. Jols brand of football isn't to my taste and I think with the good players we have he should be making better use of them.

I am interested in all opinions as long as I am not being accused of wanting my club to lose so Jol will be sacked and other childish,hurtful comments.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...well presumably you'll ignore my reply. We all are entitled to our opinions, yes some are more vociferous than others but I hear the same negative comments being said at the ground by many fans.

As it happens I saw the team play better today, at least better than it has done for a long while and if improvements are going to happen then I doubt any Fulham fan would be disappointed...

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fulham76

Quote from: Lighthouse on September 14, 2013, 08:44:51 PM
No I haven't noticed that. But trying to devide the fans as you are doing actually causes more harm. Just accept that some people don't like dull negative football. Today was a bit unlucky but we were very slow at times putting the ball forward. Jols brand of football isn't to my taste and I think with the good players we have he should be making better use of them.

I am interested in all opinions as long as I am not being accused of wanting my club to lose so Jol will be sacked and other childish,hurtful comments.

:plus one:

Johnh

I got to say, I didn't read anything on here for a week, there is only one subject at the moment....Jol and how bad he is, I will come back once the storm has blown over and the forum is an enjoyable place to visit once again.

BarryP

I have been around this board and its previous incarnations and I have not been well pleased by the ineffective tactics displayed for some time. Unlike LB I was not encouraged much by today's performance because I felt like I saw the same old problems in a prettier package. Nice thing is I do believe LB is entitled to his opinion and I actually hope he is correct to be encouraged. I would like nothing better than to see Fulham playing well under Jol's management. Here's to hoping but my hope is waning.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."

jms

Quote from: MasterHaynes on September 14, 2013, 08:40:35 PM
Anyone noticing a pattern? The more vociferous and more negative it generally comes from the same collection of brand new posters, coincidence I think not? just look the negative posts and see who posts the most.I'm sure they see themselves as superior keyboard warriors, pretty sure none support Fulham from their mails just trying to tear this board and the club down. Take a look and you will notice it's the same posters also jumping on anyone that posts a balanced or positive post. The can't contain their glee when anyone announces they are fed up with board and are leaving.

Personally I'm going to ignore their posts from now on and only read balanced posts from supporters.  049:gif

I couldn't disagree with you more ! I rarely post on this board......only when I really want to express something strongly, like for example, thanks to Simon Davies for his services to the club. I have also posted a lot about the 'Jol reign' . I have supported the club since the 50s and i have no intention of 'tearing this board or the club down'......but I am furious about the way Jol has produced nothing of interest or excitement in a year, and I have every right to express that view. I pay a great deal of money to watch my team. I will not accept consistent mediocrity from an over paid egoist !

Berserker

I just want the best for the club. I want us to do well. If that means buying, selling players, changing managers,  well if it needs to be done to make things right so be it.

I think everybody has a right to their opinion, i might not agree with it and they might not be right, but as long as it is not insulting i'm interested to read/hear it. That's want debating societies, and in the IT world, forums, are all about.

I don't mind people going on about things over and over again, i'm married and therefore used to it ;-)
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

premFlem

What you're probably seeing is the usually silent majority being stirred out of their slumber by yet another pathetic display.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

epsomraver

Quote from: BarryP on September 14, 2013, 09:03:37 PM
I have been around this board and its previous incarnations and I have not been well pleased by the ineffective tactics displayed for some time. Unlike LB I was not encouraged much by today's performance because I felt like I saw the same old problems in a prettier package. Nice thing is I do believe LB is entitled to his opinion and I actually hope he is correct to be encouraged. I would like nothing better than to see Fulham playing well under Jol's management. Here's to hoping but my hope is waning.

:plus one:

malcbridger

We haven't had an awful lot to cheer about, especially in recent times under Jol. The after affects of losing the 2 'd's' (yes, I know it has been mentioned numerous times) has not been adequately addressed but Jol HAS brought in some very good players, Stekelenberg, Parker, Reither, Bent and Amorebieta being the most most encouraging signings. When all these players are fit, and bedded in, I think that Jol's effectiveness as a manager will be clearer to see. We still have the oldest squad in the premiership and some of the tactical decisions (especially substitutions) are often baffling, Hodgson was often criticised for his subs and got us to a European final. I am not suggesting that Jol will follow suit ( would love it if he did!) but I feel that we should look at the team's position at Christmas and it will be much clearer which way the club is going. Two problems for Jol are 1) How to handle last seasons top scorer Berbatov? He has been pretty awful this season, ok, a decent bycicle kick today but missing most of the season. 2) Hangeland. He has never struck me as captain material, very quiet and too bloody nice. Parker is the obvious choice, more vocal, gets stuck, in leads by example etc. Jol should make Parker vice captain so not to ruffle Brede's feathers. We have been also lacking pace but Dejagah (is he injured?) and Mesca are options. Finally, as a poster on the 2 forums and being neither pro or anti Jol, there are far more 'self agenda' posters on the other forum. We all come on here because we love this football club, some posters (who usually post when we either lose or draw) seem almost gleeful and smug contributing to the inevitable meltdown, especially after a late equaliser like today and disappear when we have any success?

The Bronsons

There are a few people, on both sides of the Jol debate, who are just WUMs and should be ignored. The majority I think are just worried fans who want to love their team.

Today's performance? -I don't think there was anything there to change anyone's mind. People who want to keep Jol will point to a better performance than last time out and a much better performance from Berbatov. People who have had enough will point to two dropped points against a poor West Brom side who prior to today hadn't scored a single league goal.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: The Bronsons on September 15, 2013, 12:24:24 AM
There are a few people, on both sides of the Jol debate, who are just WUMs and should be ignored. The majority I think are just worried fans who want to love their team.

Today's performance? -I don't think there was anything there to change anyone's mind. People who want to keep Jol will point to a better performance than last time out and a much better performance from Berbatov. People who have had enough will point to two dropped points against a poor West Brom side who prior to today hadn't scored a single league goal.

Agree completely especially regarding todays performance. We played well enough and showed enough promise that it shouldn't convince people that we're not good enough, but those that already thought we weren't good enough won't be convinced we are.