more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

If that had been...

Started by Rudolph, September 15, 2013, 12:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

epsomraver

Quote from: Bracken White on September 15, 2013, 10:09:31 AM
Sorry, but I cannot accept for a second that Big Phil is better than Hughes. That said, he did have a sound game yesterday.
:plus one:

Berserker

Quote from: itombomb on September 15, 2013, 10:15:29 AM
Quote from: Rudolph on September 15, 2013, 01:06:57 AM
Quote from: Enter the Frei on September 15, 2013, 12:32:08 AM
I agree with you, was slightly dissapointed with the way Hangeland played today but on the whole thought Senderos did a good job dealing with Anichebe.

Another scapegoat Richardson was fantastic as well today.

Spot on. He had a great game and looked sharp.
Until he had to go off because his hamstrings were tightening.

Why do Hamstrings do that by the way?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Rudolph

Quote from: Tonywa on September 15, 2013, 10:12:26 AM
Senderos has the free to thank for not conceding a penalty and fairly early on made a naive mistake which handed a chance to West Brom.  He's been a walking disaster area aty both his two previous clubs and has been exactly the same since he joined us. Playing decently for 85 minutes then making two disastrous mistakes that give away goals is not good whatsoever. A great shame he didn't leave during the window.

Haha.  He sets up our goal and wasn't at fault for their equaliser, yet is still at fault for potentially giving away goals through mistakes.  What about Hangeland's marking for their goal, do you think he was at fault?

HatterDon

Quote from: epsomraver on September 15, 2013, 10:24:17 AM
Sorry, but I cannot accept for a second that Big Phil is better than Hughes. That said, he did have a sound game yesterday.

Someday there'll be a discussion of Hughes or a discussion of Senderos that doesn't include partisan barracking from the "other party."

1. Phil had a good match yesterday and he always gives 100% while on the pitch.
2. Hughes is a better partner to Hangeland and does the "little things" better than Senderos.
3. Against a strike force that includes a ball of muscle like Anichebe, Senderos is a better bet than Hughes.
4. Against a quick, mobile strike force, Hughes's positioning sense allows Hangeland the freedom to cut out the early attacks.
5. Senderos is MUCH more effective in the opponent's penalty area than Hughes. He is much more likely to get a goal, an assist, or just create a bit of havoc.
6. Hughes's errors don't look as glaring as those by Senderos or Hangeland -- often because he's less visible than the other two.
7. Each player contributes to the squad. Our problem was not yesterday and has not been this season the weakness of our CB pairing.

I don't mind supporters having their passions and bigging up their favorites, but if all you can say about Hughes is that he's better than Senderos [or vice versa] and that's because Senderos [or vice versa] is the worst defender in the Prem, then you really have nothing good to say about either of them, do you?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

YankeeJim

Quote from: HatterDon on September 15, 2013, 02:51:56 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 15, 2013, 10:24:17 AM

Someday there'll be a discussion of Hughes or a discussion of Senderos that doesn't include partisan barracking from the "other party."

1. Phil had a good match yesterday and he always gives 100% while on the pitch.
2. Hughes is a better partner to Hangeland and does the "little things" better than Senderos.
3. Against a strike force that includes a ball of muscle like Anichebe, Senderos is a better bet than Hughes.
4. Against a quick, mobile strike force, Hughes's positioning sense allows Hangeland the freedom to cut out the early attacks.
5. Senderos is MUCH more effective in the opponent's penalty area than Hughes. He is much more likely to get a goal, an assist, or just create a bit of havoc.
6. Hughes's errors don't look as glaring as those by Senderos or Hangeland -- often because he's less visible than the other two.
7. Each player contributes to the squad. Our problem was not yesterday and has not been this season the weakness of our CB pairing.

I don't mind supporters having their passions and bigging up their favorites, but if all you can say about Hughes is that he's better than Senderos [or vice versa] and that's because Senderos [or vice versa] is the worst defender in the Prem, then you really have nothing good to say about either of them, do you?

Donnie, why are you wasting your time being rational. Yesterday was a difficult one for the sky is falling crowd. Dempsey, Etuhu & Baird are gone. Senderos and Richardson played well. The only thing they have left to complain about is Jol.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

leonffc

Senderos was bullied by Anichebe. Roundly bullied. And when a player of Anichebes quality bullies you, it's game over

Andy S

Senderos is not a bad player but his temperament is suspect and he is inclined to panic as he did yesterday which led indirectly to the goal. He was bringing the ball out of defence and inexplicably gave it the big boot. At the time we had nobody up field so straight back it came. It is not something that is just Senderos but it is a bad tactic. I'm not saying Hughes is better as he is slower but he does not have the same traits that Senderos has

Rudolph

Quote from: leonffc on September 15, 2013, 05:52:57 PM
Senderos was bullied by Anichebe. Roundly bullied. And when a player of Anichebes quality bullies you, it's game over

That simply didn't happen. Senderos had him in his pocket all game, so much so, that he switched with Anelka to go up against Hangeland.

Name one point in the game he managed to get through Senderos with pure strength?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Rudolph on September 15, 2013, 07:09:52 PM

That simply didn't happen. Senderos had him in his pocket all game, so much so, that he switched with Anelka to go up against Hangeland.

Name one point in the game he managed to get through Senderos with pure strength?
Apart from giving away a blatant penalty, which everyone except the Ref and the blind saw, or those who missed it because of their blinkers....
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

leonffc

I didn't record the minutes as I left my stopwatch at home!!
He was constantly out muscled. Just because Anichebe didn't carve himself endless chances doesn't mean that Senderos had a stroll in the park. He really struggled in the physical battle IMO.

Bassey the warrior

Only seen the highlights but it was a poor error from Hangeland.

brightster

It funny there was a bloke in row P in H6 who slagged off big Phil after he gave away a free kick after about 5 mins of the start and said F off Senderos and take him off, yet when Hangerland made mistakes and I believe was a fault for letting his man get the equaliser didn't not make a sound! Big Phil has his hands full all game with their rotuned forward, who once scored a hatbtrick against us with Hughes and Hangerland in the team under Roy, I though he had one of his better games for us.
So let's all get behind the team and give more encouragement instead of slagging them off! COYW

Rudolph

Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 15, 2013, 07:32:01 PM

Apart from giving away a blatant penalty, which everyone except the Ref and the blind saw, or those who missed it because of their blinkers....

It sounds like you're gutted we didn't concede the pen?

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Rudolph on September 15, 2013, 07:51:14 PM
Quote from: Fulham Tup North on September 15, 2013, 07:32:01 PM

It sounds like you're gutted we didn't concede the pen?

Not at all, I just wish people watched the game
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MJG

He was his usual self.
I dont like him, would not have him in my team. Yes he gave 100% and got stuck in, but I'm sorry he still scares the crap out of me the way he marks players in the box, gets too close to them, and pull players down when they get past him. Nothing is going to change that view. He's just not good enough to be in the team week in week out for me.
And yes Brede was at fault for the goal.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: leonffc on September 15, 2013, 07:36:20 PM

I didn't record the minutes as I left my stopwatch at home!!
He was constantly out muscled. Just because Anichebe didn't carve himself endless chances doesn't mean that Senderos had a stroll in the park. He really struggled in the physical battle IMO.

completely disagree, Anichebe got next to no change out of Senderos all game. The two chances he created where firstly through rolling Hangeland too easily and secondly from holding the ball when in front of Hangeland with his back to goal, neither involved Senderos.

And the one example of a Senderos mistake given (admitedly not by you) was a potential foul on Anelka.

ScalleysDad

The Enclave scored, in our plush new books, Senderos a high seven and a half for his efforts yesterday which compares well to the five and below most of the other lot got. Several times he did the blocking and protecting jobs allowing somebody else to clear the ball or on those very rare occasions pass it out and forwards. Hangaland was the missing link yesterday ................. again.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 15, 2013, 09:51:18 PM
Hangaland was the missing link yesterday ................. again.

But only cos he was playing next to Senderos, right?  Right?  RIGHT?????

ScalleysDad

Quote from: God The Mechanic on September 15, 2013, 10:19:05 PM
Quote from: ScalleysDad on September 15, 2013, 09:51:18 PM
Hangaland was the missing link yesterday ................. again.

But only cos he was playing next to Senderos, right?  Right?  RIGHT?????

Nope.

Pluto

Thought big Phil had an excellent game and kept Anichebe very much in check throughout the match. You could see the frustration in Anichebe's face and body langauge that he'd been played out of the game and he was rightly substituted. I did think that both Phil and Brede did look a little less comfortable once they brought on the pace of Sinclair and Berahino though.