watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Booing and Jol out chanting.

Started by Enter the Frei, September 15, 2013, 12:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Enter the Frei

I don't want this thread to turn into yet another Jol in or out argument, I just want to make a plea to the fans that do go to the games:

Please do not Boo the team or chant Jol out at a game again. It just creates a toxic atmosphere around the ground and it's really not nice to be in and it can't do the players any good. I don't care if you're justifying booing by saying it's for the manager it all sounds the same and especially after a game where we didn't play badly it's just not right.

On a side note with the fact that Khan is fairly new to football club ownership I doubt we will see Jol leave any time soon so your booing and chanting would all be in vain anyway.

JIMMY D

I was watching the game LIVE on Tv in Australia and you could here the booing loud and clear. The commentators were saying what everyone in the ground were thinking. Negative football does not win games. We only made 2 subs and by putting some fresh legs on the pitch we could of attacked there tired defenders. We deserved the draw against a terrible team and I now know that we are also a terrible team like West Brom.

EJL

Quite a few people a couple of rows behind me were booing Jol at full time, calling for him to be sacked. That's not the main thing, though -- that stuff happens. What made me really uncomfortable was that some of the people doing it had a massive smile on their face. I heard "go back to Holland" from one of them. When I asked why he would shout "go back to Holland", he booed and waved his hands in MY direction, grinning even wider, not saying a word -- really just taking the piss. I always used to struggle to find a reason why some fans are hellbent on a manager losing his job, but I now I know. They enjoy it.

For the record, I'm in neither the 'In' or 'Out' camp at the moment (if that's even possible).

the nutflush

Quote from: EJL on September 15, 2013, 01:14:31 AM
Quite a few people a couple of rows behind me were booing Jol at full time, calling for him to be sacked. That's not the main thing, though -- that stuff happens. What made me really uncomfortable was that some of the people doing it had a massive smile on their face. I heard "go back to Holland" from one of them. When I asked why he would shout "go back to Holland", he booed and waved his hands in MY direction, grinning even wider, not saying a word -- really just taking the piss. I always used to struggle to find a reason why some fans are hellbent on a manager losing his job, but I now I know. They enjoy it.

For the record, I'm in neither the 'In' or 'Out' camp at the moment (if that's even possible).

Fans enjoy watching their team play creative free flowing positive football.  Jol has taken a team that used to do that and turned it into a basketcase.  I can completely understand the boos.  Ive had a gutful too.

Enter the Frei

I'm in the same camp, but these are the same mugs that abuse players on twitter.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: JIMMY D on September 15, 2013, 01:01:05 AM
I was watching the game LIVE on Tv in Australia and you could here the booing loud and clear. The commentators were saying what everyone in the ground were thinking. Negative football does not win games. We only made 2 subs and by putting some fresh legs on the pitch we could of attacked there tired defenders. We deserved the draw against a terrible team and I now know that we are also a terrible team like West Brom.

We made 3 subs and I believe all of them were actually forced in some way or another by injury.

EJL

Quote from: the nutflush on September 15, 2013, 01:59:39 AM

Fans enjoy watching their team play creative free flowing positive football.  Jol has taken a team that used to do that and turned it into a basketcase.  I can completely understand the boos.  Ive had a gutful too.
I think you've missed my point. I understand why people are frustrated and why they want a change in manager, but not in the way I witnessed: taking the piss out of fellow fans, all the while with a massive smile on their face. I mean, the first thing I said was booing isn't the 'main thing'. It's not the best thing to do as it doesn't really help anyone, but I can understand it.

HatterDon

I hate it when fans boo any of our players. The manager? That's what he's there for. I watched the Sunderland-Arsenal match on tape delay after I posted The View. The supporters spent half the match chanting DiCanio's name and the other half booing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Forever Fulham

Problem is: The players, the viewing audience, and the rest of the stadium can't tell if the boo birds are boo-ing  the players or the manager or what.  The players become everyone's first thought.  And that does a massive disservice, because you could plainly see the effort the team put into this match.  All this booing is more than distasteful.  It sends a demoralizing message to the players at a time when they HAVE expended the extra effort, are insecure about the future, and most need the crowd's support.  I'd rather fans just didn't make any noise, rather than engage in ambiguously directed boo-ing. 

JBH

Fans were chanting Martin Jolsvblsck and white army during the game the want him out wha a bunch of mugs

Berserker

Do that many boo though, how many do you think it is. I left a couple of mins early to help an elderly person to their car, nobody was booing by then. I'm in P2 though so maybe there isn't so much booing there.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

MJG

I was in H block of the JH stand and 6ou could feel yhe frustration building as the second half went on and we got deeper and deeper.
Final whistle there was some booing, not at jol or players directly butbat the result and that last 10 to 20 mins.
As Jol got closer to the tunnel I could see fans shouting Jol out and various swear words at him. It was a vocal minority but thats fulham all over really. I havent seen such anger and abuse since Sanchez was around. Jol reacted by just looking up at the stand and gave a small shake of the head.

Its not 4 or 5 games people are moaning about its our play since February really.

He has 2 more home games to save his job I reckon.

fulhams_finest

I'm sorry if booing isn't how a majority shows displeasure then how would our opinions ever be heard - what would you want us to do instead write an letter and send it via carrier pigeon? - don't be so soft !these players and the manager are on unbelievably good money like they care - it's an easy way to show were unhappy with the way the team are playing.

Artful Dodger

I think the players will know that the fans are booing the manager as it's always the manager that gets the sack when things are going wrong. And to be honest, after 2 years of going backwards I don't blame anyone for booing. We need change and need it soon. Khan won't know what is going on but he might listen to fans that fork out £30-40 a game.

I also think you make a very broad generalisation when you assume those that boo then abuse people on twitter. I wasn't at the game yesterday but would have joined in a spot of 'Jol Out' myself but haven't got a clue how twitter works!!!

Also, how can anyone be neither in the 'in' or 'out' camp? Does that make you not bothered or just happy to watch any dross that is on show?? It's going to be a long season if we do nothing.
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

epsomraver

There was some booing but not a great deal from where I was in B of the JH, sorry as much as I want Jol out I would never boo my team never have never will,  some of the players gave their all to try and win, Reither and Parker  was totally knackered at the end,Parker must wonder what he has come to?  I like most just turn away and go , I could not applaud such a poor overall display.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: fulhams_finest on September 15, 2013, 09:09:18 AM
I'm sorry if booing isn't how a majority shows displeasure then how would our opinions ever be heard - what would you want us to do instead write an letter and send it via carrier pigeon? - don't be so soft !these players and the manager are on unbelievably good money like they care - it's an easy way to show were unhappy with the way the team are playing.

It never has a good impact on a team and at the end of the day what everyone involved with the club wants is for Fulham to be playing well. The management team knows that things aren't going well so theres no need to create a toxic atmosphere around the ground when we play at home. I also hate the money argument around footballers, just because they're paid a lot of money doesn't mean they booing won't effect them.

nose

i do not agree with and have never jeered the team in that way although i have let out much cries of spontaneous agony over the years.

However, i think the manager and the players should know they are underperforming. Actually the manager probably isn't, he is just not good enough! But the players do not show anywhere near enough fire in the attitude. I do think that the manager's style has much to do with that. BUT they must know how we feel and some people are not articulate enough to use a sevice such as a message board so i suppose the jeer at the ground.

SimpleTactics

Quote from: fulhams_finest on September 15, 2013, 09:09:18 AM

Completely agree.

Brown@FFC

We cheered for the team throughout the whole game. We concede late on again, and Jol has to know our feelings. He then has the cheek to say our ambitions are too high. Its loving West Brom, we should be beating them on a bad day. 2 shots on target is abysmal. He clearly has no idea what the problem is, and the embarrassing thing for him is that he is the problem.