News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sunday Supplement talking about Fulham...

Started by Fulham John, September 15, 2013, 10:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fulham John

They were just talking about Fulham on Sunday Supplement on Sky, the bloke from the Daily Mirror was at the game yesterday and was aware of the negativity around Jol from fans.

He believed Jol and Fulham were a bad match, that he thought he was above them, that the job at hand was probably too hands on for him in terms freshening up the squad.

He also said that he would be far from surprised if Jol was gone, the first manager to be sacked.

Only a short word on Fulham but interesting to hear that the rumblings of discontent at Jol is apparent to the wider world, personally I can't see Jol reaching the end of the season and it will be for the benefit of all parties.

Ruiz11

Who would replace him? Sure, we can sack Jol, but it won't mean the new manager suddenly has a midfield creator and a stable defence to pick.

epsomraver

Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 15, 2013, 11:52:52 AM
Who would replace him? Sure, we can sack Jol, but it won't mean the new manager suddenly has a midfield creator and a stable defence to pick.

He has but Jol has no idea how to set them up , we have Parker as midfield creator! was your stream that dodgy?

Oakeshott

There are plenty of managers who, while not being Fergusons, Wengers or the Special One, could get the squad we have playing more consistently and more wholeheartedly than the clown we currently have. Leaving Hughes and Allardyce to one side, I'd happily take any other Premiership manager and quite a few from Championship instead.

My preference now would be for Danny Murphy, a real thinker about the game who would have picked up a lot from Roy and who has now been away from the squad for long enough that he would have some "distance" from them and not be simply one of them promoted. Quite possible had MAF been here, but less likely with the new owner who has probably never heard of him! A lot would depend on our CE and whether he would be trusted by Khan.  

I think the whole spirit of the Club would be raised if Danny took over from Jol, and good results would quickly follow. As it is, but for a frankly very fortunate three points at Sunderland we'd be in the relegation zone already.

Jack Fulham

Quote from: epsomraver on September 15, 2013, 12:06:25 PM

He has but Jol has no idea how to set them up , we have Parker as midfield creator! was your stream that dodgy?

I love Scott Parker but he's not a creator, it is evident when he attempts through balls. Ruiz on the other hand, did some delicious through balls to Berbatov yesterday.

Cravenawin

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 15, 2013, 12:43:29 PM
Quote from: epsomraver on September 15, 2013, 12:06:25 PM

I love Scott Parker but he's not a creator, it is evident when he attempts through balls. Ruiz on the other hand, did some delicious through balls to Berbatov yesterday.
He did one, that's all

Alfayedslovechild

It really makes me laugh when people say "But who would we get to replace him". To me, I find that to be a really poor excuse for not giving a straight answer. Bottom line is, there are plenty of good manager out there who are in/out of jobs. It's not just about who is available, but who also about who we could possibly nick.

You're right, we don't need the Gus Poyets of this world, we're moving forward, not backwards, we've been going backwards for the last 3 seasons!

We've got a wealthy owner who is suposidly ambitious. He didn't show his hand in the transfer market, for what ever reasons, but if he's going to make his mark, or show his hand, then I believe the managerial area is the place to blow some cash.

jeremyfulham

nose

gus poyet was my choice two years ago and remains the obvious candidate providing there is no legal stuff still with brighton.

Humbled

Berbatov is a very very good player but playing how he has been he takes the team aspect away from the game and stifles a lot of our players...

he dictates the pace of the game and we now play at his pace, I will call it "relaxed"
he drops into other players wholes demanding the ball coming out of position and reducing the threat going forward.

I think Bent would have been the difference yesterday and also as others have said the game was crying out for Taarabt.

FFCByTheRiver

Quote from: Humbled on September 15, 2013, 02:03:08 PM
Berbatov is a very very good player but playing how he has been he takes the team aspect away from the game and stifles a lot of our players...

he dictates the pace of the game and we now play at his pace, I will call it "relaxed"
he drops into other players wholes demanding the ball coming out of position and reducing the threat going forward.

Whilst I think this can be true, I don't think that this was actually the problem yesterday.

Yeah - Taarabt would have been the right replacement for Ruiz when he came off.

Humbled

Quote from: BenjyUK on September 15, 2013, 02:06:26 PM
Quote from: Humbled on September 15, 2013, 02:03:08 PM

Whilst I think this can be true, I don't think that this was actually the problem yesterday.

Yeah - Taarabt would have been the right replacement for Ruiz when he came off.

the Berbatov comment wasn't really aimed at yesterday, more in general. I thought we played well and should have got all 3 points yesterday.....

it really does P me off though when Berba is yards offside, makes no effort to get back onside but will then berate the officials when he is given offside. if he put the same effort in to getting back onside that he does when he throws his arms around in frustration at his team mates and officials he would prob get more goals

WhiteJC

bobby01

Watching the ups and downs since 1958, wouldn't have it any other way, what a roller coaster of a club.

HatterDon

asked and answered in at least 37 threads/polls in the last 9 months.

What is so magical about Jol's coaching and managing that makes him so hard to replace?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Quote from: WhiteJC on September 15, 2013, 07:29:28 PM
Quote from: malc on September 15, 2013, 03:51:53 PM
Lee Clark??

good shout  :plus one:

You  are joking  !!.................Clarkie (loved the player) is about  as good at man - management as Jol and that's no good at all.
Martin O'Neill is not the answer either, he has lost whatever he had  at Villa and Sunderland broke him.

IMO, Khan will not change the manager UNTIL NEXT SUMMER
We need to get behind the tit and hope we limp over the line.

HatterDon

Quote from: KCat on September 15, 2013, 11:01:39 PM
Lee Clark??

You  are joking  !!.................Clarkie (loved the player) is about  as good at man - management as Jol and that's no good at all.
Martin O'Neill is not the answer either, he has lost whatever he had  at Villa and Sunderland broke him.

I like your sentiment, but I think you and I both are fairly certain that if Jol remains our manager for the entire season, we're doomed.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

EJL

Hmm, if Martin O'Neil and Lee Clark are being suggested as potential managers, I'd rather keep Jol. What are some of you smoking?

Alfayedslovechild

Quote from: KCat on September 15, 2013, 11:01:39 PM
Lee Clark??

You're right, Khan doesn't have a history of sacking managers, but then you can't get relegated in the NFL, or what ever league the Jaguars are in. In that situation, it doesn't really matter and you can make wholesale changes in the summer, disrupting very little. In football, this is very different and a change of mananger can swing a season, for better or worse. I'm sure Khan has been advised of this and WILL pull the plug on Jol if things become serious. In regards to managers, i'm like you and are not in the Lee Clarke or Gus Poyet camp, we're better than this. If Shad Khan really want's to show his hand, then a top draw manager is the way to go.