watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The empty seats seem to be spreading

Started by SP, September 15, 2013, 05:32:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Someone posted the other day that people seem to be turning away from football due in part to the exorbitant ticket prices.  Blocks of empty seats at Stoke & Southampton this weekend while we have to resort to friends discounts & kids for a quid.  Time for someone to act before it's too late.

LBNo11

Quote from: SP on September 15, 2013, 05:32:16 PM
Someone posted the other day that people seem to be turning away from football due in part to the exorbitant ticket prices.  Blocks of empty seats at Stoke & Southampton this weekend while we have to resort to friends discounts & kids for a quid.  Time for someone to act before it's too late.

...someone I spoke to said even the kids for a quid is a misnomer, apparently after buying the ticket there is a booking fee which is more than a quid, plus there is another fee as they are children...!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Burt

Sorry about my empty seat, I had to leave just after half time to get to Wembley for the Roger Waters "The Wal" gig.

There were loads of empty seats there, particularly behind the stage  :dft011:

Berserker

Quote from: Burt on September 15, 2013, 06:06:01 PM
Sorry about my empty seat, I had to leave just after half time to get to Wembley for the Roger Waters "The Wal" gig.

I thought you'd sold your tickets to that gig?

There was a couple of empty seats next to me. To start with these were filled by a couple of very glamorous women, and I mean stunners.  Well about 20 mins into the game this good looking guy signalled to them from the aisle, the women went over to him, one gave him a big kiss then they disappeared for the rest of the game.  Where I sit can be seen from the cottage balcony so I wondered if they knew one of the people in there. Lucky women, if I was getting champagne and canapes in the cottage I wouldn't have cared if we drew with West brom, oh I am so fickle  :005:
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Quote from: Berserker on September 15, 2013, 06:14:47 PM

I thought you'd sold your tickets to that gig?

There were meant to be 5 of us going, I ended up selling 2 of the tickets...

Unfortunately when I booked it all the fixtures hadn't been released so it was sods luck to clash.

Still, a good time was had by all. Plenty of curry and sherberts, and the gig was a good 'un. Spectacular stage and effects.

Berserker

Glad you enjoyed it.  Happy Birthday by the way :)

- Martin Luther King Jr.

jarv

was the wall good? I was going to see it in Boston last summer but the prices were outrageous.

LBNo11

...for the last two home games I have had three empty seats next to me (and I have moved seats from last season so they haven't not been taken up because of me) and there seems to be more empty seats around the ground. Maybe the TV companies could get a permanently fixed camera pointing at empty seats to prove you don't need attending fans...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

ron

If (as I go on about often) there was a season where everyone dumped Sky (etc), and stayed away from football, then the money men who think they have tapped into a bottomless pit of cash might learn some manners, and a good deal of humility.

...but of course we won't. We'll just complain about the shocking costs, and pay up like lambs. 

Logicalman

The issue at hand is that the revenue from overseas broadcasting is enormous these days, and dwarfs the actual match-day income from the majority of clubs.
The only time I can see lack of bum-on-seats having an effect, is when the fiscal rules kick in hard, and the match-day income forms a large part of the accountable income, towards expenditure. Then again, it's taken over a three year average, so don't expect sack-cloth and ashes until 2016.

TonyGilroy

Saturday was Yom Kippur. That will account for some absences. Plus holidays.

Plus of course Jol and the dreadful..................................

Patrick

Great gig....a lot better than the performance that  I witnessed earlier at the Cottage.....

Roberty

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 16, 2013, 01:39:17 PM

Are you blaming Jol for Yom Kippur too?

It was sold out - so if there were empty seats they had been paid for. I have season tickets even though I know that we will not be able to go to every match because it is still cheaper than buying them individually.

So like lots of other things empty seats happen.

If you see my seats empty I would like it to be on record that it's not because I am protesting against Jol.

Since everything seems to be Jol's faulty can I blame him for one of the Hammy End male toilets running out of hand towels - totally unacceptable and poor management.
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

Berserker

Quote from: Roberty on September 16, 2013, 01:57:51 PM

It was sold out - so if there were empty seats they had been paid for. I have season tickets even though I know that we will not be able to go to every match because it is still cheaper than buying them individually.

If you see my seats empty I would like it to be on record that it's not because I am protesting against Jol.

Since everything seems to be Jol's faulty can I blame him for one of the Hammy End male toilets running out of hand towels - totally unacceptable and poor management.

Men use hand towels  :dft011:

- Martin Luther King Jr.

epsomraver

Quote from: Roberty on September 16, 2013, 01:57:51 PM

That is your feeblest defence of Jol yet, the cracks are showing! no stats to show ratio of men peeing as to hand towel use? :016:

Roberty

Some went to Public schools and learnt not to pee on their hands
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

A friend of mine over here just bought 4 VIP season tickets to see the Washington Redskins for $16,000
Not sure how many home games they play, but not many.
Probably works out at $400/$500 per game.
Seems a lot to me.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

HatterDon

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on September 16, 2013, 07:21:42 PM
A friend of mine over here just bought 4 VIP season tickets to see the Washington Redskins for $16,000
Not sure how many home games they play, but not many.
Probably works out at $400/$500 per game.
Seems a lot to me.

8 regular season home games
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Scrumpy

Quote from: Patrick on September 16, 2013, 01:56:06 PM

Great gig....a lot better than the performance that  I witnessed earlier at the Cottage.....

I was also at Wembley and had to dive out of Craven Cottage on 75 minutes. I reckon a few hundred Fulham fans must have done the same. Great gig which helped me forget the WBA result.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.