watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Maybe someone and put closure to these

Started by St Eve, September 15, 2013, 07:33:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

St Eve

1) Frei - supposedly he has gone (terrible in my opinion) but has there ever been an official announcement?
2) What has happened to Dejagah? I keep hearing that he is injured but what is the problem?
3) When is Stek coming back? Stockdale scares me to death (yes he made one good save yesterday but he does not fill me with confidence)

Frankie-Peter Taylor

1) Frei - supposedly he has gone (terrible in my opinion) but has there ever been an official announcement?

Yes.

2) What has happened to Dejagah? I keep hearing that he is injured but what is the problem?

I don't know, haven't seen him since Burton away, neither has Jol mentioned anything about him. Quite odd.

3) When is Stek coming back? Stockdale scares me to death (yes he made one good save yesterday but he does not fill me with confidence)

By the sounds of things, next week vs. Chelsea, or maybe Everton so hopefully not too long.

Matt Inglis

By the sounds of things Stek was expected to be back this week until Jol said he wasn't, so hopefully he is close to a return. Frei has definitely gone Briggs seemed to post something on Twitter as I recall saying good luck to him at Besiktas and they seem close friends.
I wish I knew the answer to number 2, where the hell is he? The BBC never puts him down as injured, nor does the official Premier League site.. very confused!
There's only one Emma's burger stand.

JackyFulham90

Dejagah has been dropped Jol has said he has to leave out 3 or 4 every week not sure I agree with him though, for me Dejagah should be starting

God The Mechanic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on September 15, 2013, 09:27:14 PM
Dejagah has been dropped Jol has said he has to leave out 3 or 4 every week not sure I agree with him though, for me Dejagah should be starting

The few performances he has made since coming back from injury suggest he ain't a patch on what he was beforehand.  He may need U21 minutes to get some form back.

the nutflush

And where is Mesca?  I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing this season.

Deanothefulhamfan

Dejagah remains the biggest mystery, How he is not starting is Beyond me. He is one of the first names on our team sheet imo.

Would have loved Mesca to get a chance if Dejegah was injured though.

The Old Count

What always worried me about Jol and still does is his tendancy to marginalise players. Also he seems to be inconsistent in his man management.  Players in Jol's team seem to lose motivation and their form drops. A lot of fans from previous clubs that he has managed have mentioned these failings. That is why I have always felt that he wasn't right for us.  Small clubs like ours need a   'Prepared to die for one and other' attitude. Jol's style does not promote that feeling.
HOWEVER, I have noticed that Jol seems to be attempting to address these failings, probably, in no small way due to the counsel of the new owner and management. This is massively positive.
For this reason alone I think we should not be too hasty YET in getting rid of him.
I have a sneaky feeling things might just change.
(Ever the optimist)

RaySmith

I don't see anything suspicious about any of these matters - and most of the info has been made pblic.

I'm just glad Fulham don't conduct their business through the tablid press.

People are trying to manufacture a crisis when there is none - but if you try hard enough maybe will undermine a decent, well run club...talk about enemy within!

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Quote from: the nutflush on September 16, 2013, 04:10:50 AM
And where is Mesca?  I thought he was supposed to be the next big thing this season.

Where is he going to fit in? Ashkan Dejagah doesn't even get onto the bench. The loan window is open so I suspect he'll go out on loan and show he can play for the first team lower down.

MJG

Mesca is already 20 and not kicked the ball in anger for any first team.
I wrote last night about young players needing games at http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/youngsters-need-games-7-299.html
At 20 with no games under his belt I doubt he will make it at this level.

The Equalizer

Quote from: MJG on September 16, 2013, 11:58:01 AM
I wrote last night about young players needing games at http://www.vivaelfulham.co.uk/articles/youngsters-need-games-7-299.html

This is the thing that gets me. So many times people say that 'he's going to be great for the future' when talking about youngsters. WHEN? When they're Karagounis's age?
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

God The Mechanic

Quote from: The Equalizer on September 16, 2013, 11:59:58 AM
Quote from: MJG on September 16, 2013, 11:58:01 AM

This is the thing that gets me. So many times people say that 'he's going to be great for the future' when talking about youngsters. WHEN? When they're Karagounis's age?

To be fair, the guy has had three pretty horrendous injuries so far.  It's not too hard to suggest that he will likely develop later than most - whether he will develop to being good enough is another matter entirely.