watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

accountability

Started by Tempest, September 15, 2013, 09:33:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tempest

As us fans contribute towards the running costs/wages should there be some form of accountability from the Club, players and management?

Should we be able to ask questions directly to the club and expect straight forward honest answers, such as where is Dejagah? Why do we play the way we do? What is the clubs expectations of Jol??
Live in Falmouth!

Fulham76

Quote from: Tempest on September 15, 2013, 09:33:17 PM
As us fans contribute towards the running costs/wages should there be some form of accountability from the Club, players and management?

Should we be able to ask questions directly to the club and expect straight forward honest answers, such as where is Dejagah? Why do we play the way we do? What is the clubs expectations of Jol??

Good luck with that one.

Jimpav

I'm pretty sure the club have a forum once a year for season ticket holders. There are also people like Southfield White and LRCN that run Fulham Supporters Trust etc.

This is worth a read...

http://fulhamsupporterstrust.com/about-us/

Airfix

I don't get it.  Do you demand accountability from Tesco?  From Shell?  From your local pub?

Sorry, but you are a customer, you pay money for a service/services provided by the club (for example: a football match, replica kit etc).  Once provided, the club's responsibility to you ends.

TonyGilroy

Just you or all of us?

The club should have a call centre staffed with dozens of in the know people ready to respond to each and every customer enquiry? Presumably with a hot line through to all the decision makers at the club.

As Jol and Mackintosh do nothing they should be grateful to have something to do to occupy their minds.

I like it.

Logicalman

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 16, 2013, 11:40:38 AM

Just you or all of us?

The club should have a call centre staffed with dozens of in the know people ready to respond to each and every customer enquiry? Presumably with a hot line through to all the decision makers at the club.

As Jol and Mackintosh do nothing they should be grateful to have something to do to occupy their minds.

I like it.

They'd still outsource it to the sub-continent though!!

TonyGilroy

And keep you holding on for half an hour at premium rates.

"Is there anything else that Fulham Football Club can help you with? Fulham Football Club is pleased to have been of assistance. Mr Jol's corpse will be dispatched to you within a minimum of 14 days."

Joe McDonald

Quote from: Airfix on September 16, 2013, 11:36:02 AM
I don't get it.  Do you demand accountability from Tesco?  From Shell?  From your local pub?

Sorry, but you are a customer, you pay money for a service/services provided by the club (for example: a football match, replica kit etc).  Once provided, the club's responsibility to you ends.

Too true

The choice any customer has, is to no longer purchase what that company offers.  That is the only way a company will take notice.

ToodlesMcToot

Good businesses don't think this way. They engage their customer base and look for ways to improve. They don't have to acquiesce to every demand or give every courtesy, but they do actively manage relationships.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Airfix

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 16, 2013, 01:30:50 PM

Good businesses don't think this way. They engage their customer base and look for ways to improve. They don't have to acquiesce to every demand or give every courtesy, but they do actively manage relationships.

Whilst that may be true, it is incorrect to demand accountability of a service provider.  It is up to them to disclose what they see fit.

cmg

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on September 16, 2013, 01:30:50 PM

"actively manage relationships" - fabulous turn of phrase! Is it another way of saying 'Give 'em the mushroom treatment'?

Rhys Lightning 63

I've been wondering for a while whether or not a 'Vote Of No-Confidence' would be feasible in football. Maybe this is something we could try and do
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

FFC1987

I don't get it.  Do you demand accountability from Tesco?  From Shell?  From your local pub?

Sorry, but you are a customer, you pay money for a service/services provided by the club (for example: a football match, replica kit etc).  Once provided, the club's responsibility to you ends.

To reference my CIMA studies - We aren't a NFP (not for profit) organisation in which subscriptions are solely taken from customers (members)to run. If it was, it would be classed like a trade union or a building society where you ask and expect an answer to any question.

The club is a profit seeking organisation and work to maximise shares or to make a profit (yes , in theory) whilst technically they simply continue to exist and the losses are ignored. The only people the organisation (FFC) *need* to address are the share holders. Everything else is legally at there discretion.

I hope this helps in any way.