watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Reither on diarra

Started by westcliff white, September 17, 2013, 10:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Reither says on his twitter account diarra is back followed by a big smiley. Any news ? Or is he referring to the u21's game he completed
Every day is a Fulham day

Big Martin Jol

He said something similar regarding Karagounis just before the new contract was announced, so fingers crossed.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

TWFL

Referring to an U21 game completed. Diarra played the whole match and the team won 2-1 with goals from Vigen and Tank. Hopefully Diarra will be back in the first team soon, Sidwell is driving me mad.

westcliff white

I thought that but he posted it a couple of days after that game, to be precise yesterday at 7.38 cet.

Hopefully it's the same as what he said about kara
Every day is a Fulham day

filham

Our squad is looking stronger and stronger , just want the team to click now.

Whiteroom

I massively rate Diarra. The trouble is that with Parker playing (and really well) it would be a pretty unadventurous middle of the park with Diarra and Parker next to each other. I do think that they are probably our best two centre mids, though.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: Whiteroom on September 17, 2013, 10:51:59 PM
I massively rate Diarra. The trouble is that with Parker playing (and really well) it would be a pretty unadventurous middle of the park with Diarra and Parker next to each other. I do think that they are probably our best two centre mids, though.

Diarra is a ridiculous player when fit - should be first choice if he can stay healthy.

Riether ain't good at keeping stuff quiet is he :P

JackyFulham90

Would love us to sign Diarra he will make a massive difference for us

HatterDon

Really? Sign Diarra? Really?

If we do, he won't get more than a dozen matches and 4 or 5 starts throughout the season. His injury record dictates that. Playing in a controlled match behind closed doors doesn't allow the same robustness he's going to see on the pitch. When fully fit, he's exactly what we need, but he's only been fully fit for about 4 matches since he first signed. I have no idea how you figure this time will be any different.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Whiteroom

Quote from: HatterDon on September 18, 2013, 12:04:22 AM

If we do, he won't get more than a dozen matches and 4 or 5 starts throughout the season. His injury record dictates that. Playing in a controlled match behind closed doors doesn't allow the same robustness he's going to see on the pitch. When fully fit, he's exactly what we need, but he's only been fully fit for about 4 matches since he first signed. I have no idea how you figure this time will be any different.

Then perhaps we sign him on a deal that reflects that. He doesn't seem to be in huge demand. Perhaps a pay as you play deal, or a very low salary with add ons for performances etc.

ToodlesMcToot

I hope that he is back, 100%, and stays that way. He hasn't been right since getting injured playing for Mali in CAF, IIRC.

Difficult to get too excited just yet. Pay for play seems the way to go with him.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

rhyspabsolom

So you wouldn't sign a player of fantastic pedigree who is (miles) better than what we have and who is aching to play for us because he might be injured a bit at some point? What do we have to lose by signing him?

God The Mechanic

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on September 18, 2013, 12:44:33 AM
So you wouldn't sign a player of fantastic pedigree who is (miles) better than what we have and who is aching to play for us because he might be injured a bit at some point? What do we have to lose by signing him?

Diarra's isn't "injured a bit at some point", he has no knees :p
Depending on whether the club have looked at all other possible free transfers, and none of them are considered worthwhile then it may be worth it on silly low wages.  But if there's another player who is fit who could be brought in, then it'd be an absolute waste.

HatterDon

Quote from: rhyspabsolom on September 18, 2013, 12:44:33 AM

No, I wouldn't sign a player who has been unable to complete even half a season in a long time because of recurrent injuries. It's silly to pretend that all his physical problems are in the past. He is a very talented player who is well past his best and who is constantly beset with injuries. Signing him on a team that is already too old in hopes that we might get a game or two out of him is silly.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Ruiz11

Quote from: Big Martin Jol on September 17, 2013, 10:13:52 PM
He said something similar regarding Karagounis just before the new contract was announced, so fingers crossed.

Exactly. Boy do we need a calming influence like Diarra in the middle of midfield who can actually pass the ball. Parker and Sidwell are too similar and lacking in creativity.

EJL

TonyGilroy

Once fit he played half a season without problems and then got injured in, I think, October last year.

Obviously he has to be fit with a reasonable prospect of staying so to get a new contract but both he and the club seem to be playing this sensibly and seriously.

If fit he's absolutely top quality.

Craven Mad

Diarra and Parker in the middle would be insane!

On a "pay-as-you-play" contract, we'd be mad not to put him in the team. It's not as if he'd be blocking the progress of a younger talent in the centre of the park..

Plus, when we do get a young prospect for CM, he'll be learning from Diarra and Parker - couldn't get much better than that!

Big Martin Jol

I don't think the club would re-sign him if they weren't confident that he is fit and robust enough to play a reasonable amount of football. Even if not, we can't really lose on a pay-as-you-play contract.

As others have pointed out, he's a free signing and a terrific talent in perhaps our weakest area on the pitch. Let's do it.
Scott Parker is the greatest living Englishman.

YankeeJim

Diarra is a good footballer and can't help but add to this team. However, he is another of the Boateng, Parker, Sidwell, etc type player. Perhaps he can pair with Parker and one or the other can try to be the one with that final pass we so sorely need.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.