watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

THE STATUE IS GOING!!!

Started by Rhys Lightning 63, September 18, 2013, 11:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Burt

The statue looks cheap and tacky, and has nothing to do with the club.

But funnily enough, because of that, it is quite "Fulhamish" in a quirky, unconventional, kind of way.

So I don't care if it stays, and won't shed a tear if it goes.

Jimpav

I hate the statue but tolerated it under MAF's ownership. I think a plaque in its place would show humour and a little tribute to MAF.

I would like to see something commemorate MAF though, the clubs recent history has been built around him and his generosity.

Burt

Quote from: Jimpav on September 19, 2013, 07:46:51 PM
I would like to see something commemorate MAF though, the clubs recent history has been built around him and his generosity.

Completely agree.

Statue, or re-name a stand, or...

DJinNJ

Quote from: Roberty on September 19, 2013, 09:13:25 AM
The most depressing thing about it is that the ITV have still not noticed that it is inside the ground.

The Michael Jackson statue outside Fulham's Craven Cottage stadium is set to be removed and returned to former owner Mohamed Al Fayed, according to The Daily Mail.

The Daily Mail - did not say if it was inside or out - typical standing on the fence!

Almost every time I see something about it, they say it's "outside" Craven Cottage. I remember the New York Times (I think it may have just been a blog post about quirky Craven Cottage) said there was a bronze statue of Micheal Jackson outside the ground... was tempted to point out that was actually Haynes. I suppose there's some excuse for American media not to know where it is, especially of the English media continually say it's outside the ground, but the NYT writer apparently didn't even manage to look at a picture of it.

My surname is Jackson, but I won't miss the connection... and now we have Jacksonville!