watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The score on Saturday at the Bridge

Started by The Swan, September 19, 2013, 10:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

filham

Sorry but can't see us scoring let alone winning but as always so hope I am wrong.

3-0 to Chelsea
If we were to win without Ruiz and Berbatov that would give the manager a selection problem for the Cardiff game.

Aaron

Quote from: horse1031 on September 19, 2013, 01:51:15 PM
Quote from: shnlwswlkr on September 19, 2013, 12:12:10 PM
I've got a feeling we might see Schwarzer.

if mark is in goal we have to exploit his weaknesses.  sometimes he doesnt command his area so some crosses in the box might do the trick.  2-2

You have to shoot before you can exploit a keepers weaknesses though. We won't be doing a lot of that.

jmh

Quote from: Aaron on September 19, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

if mark is in goal we have to exploit his weaknesses.  sometimes he doesnt command his area so some crosses in the box might do the trick.  2-2

You have to shoot before you can exploit a keepers weaknesses though. We won't be doing a lot of that.
If a keeper's weakness is dealing with crosses, don't you have to cross to exploit that?

Burt

This has got home win written all over it.

075.gif

I put 3-0 in the Tipping League, which is the heaviest defeat I have predicted for ages.

Aaron

Quote from: jmh on September 19, 2013, 07:12:23 PM
Quote from: Aaron on September 19, 2013, 06:45:10 PM

If a keeper's weakness is dealing with crosses, don't you have to cross to exploit that?

Shoot/Cross same difference, we won't be doing either...

Now, if passing in the direction of your own keeper was Mark's weakness, we might be in with a shout :)

I'm not being a twit, I'm just having a little fun at our expense.. On top notch form we wouldn't win this one, so let's just hope it's not a hiding and we'll try and get back on form with (what looks like) a relatively straightforward run of fixtures coming up..

Count Berbatov

Won't you rather play an all out attacking football and lose 6-0, rather than 10- behind - the - ball-lose-anyway-2-0
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

Count Berbatov

I have been supporting United all my life. I now understand, how spoiled our fans are and what you are all going through. It's frustration, anger, suffering. At the end of the day though, you get to appreciate the little things, like reaching the 40pts mark, or the not so little things like the QPR relegation or the Europa final. That said the negativity here is nothing compared to the average United supporter. No matter what it looks like to you yourselves.
I'd be depressed if I have to cope with bad results and a relegation battle all the time. But I guess that's what makes it exciting in the end.
It's better than being a Spurs fan though. They are probably bored out of their minds. Never in a relegation battle, never winning anything.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4
Berbatov has Cantona's knack of being the man amid a stampede towards the door who stops to notice a side exit that nobody else has seen.

Jonathan Northcroft on Berbatov:  "...like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons from a deckchair"

ron

Quote from: The Old Count on September 19, 2013, 11:23:35 AM
0 - 1.  Sidwell again.  Berbatov shoots, it hits Sidders on the back of the bonce and floats over Shwarzer who's in for Petr C 'cos he caught his dick in his fly before the game.
You heard it here first folks.

I wonder what odds at Ladbrokes for that lot?....and how would we prove Cech's wardrobe malfunction?

YankeeJim

Home 2 nil if Berba starts.
If he can't go, then maybe Jol will have to try something else.
Tarrbat hits Bent with a fantastic through ball for an early goal. The scum equalize at the 80 minute mark & Fulham goes into Jol's shell & the poo win it on stoppage time corner 2-1.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

Frankie-Peter Taylor

2-0. I think we're capable of a point but can you imagine Chelsea not winning a game in five?

Obviously a result is possible, and we're certainly capable of it but I'm not confident.