more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Surprising Fact on BBC Chelsea vs Fulham Preview

Started by N_O_W_S, September 20, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

N_O_W_S

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24089657

Dont know if everyone has read the above yet.

Interesting insight.

One thing that stood out.... this calendar year we have scored 12 points away from home and only 11 at home!!

Turns out we are good away from home!!! :022:

horse1031

Quote from: Ols_S on September 20, 2013, 02:15:09 PM

Interesting insight.

One thing that stood out.... this calendar year we have scored 12 points away from home and only 11 at home!!

i have been thinking about this a little bit.  We have been better away from home under Jol's reign, the problem is that our home form has dipped so it has evened out...  frustrating!

Fulham76

This proves nothing more other than we have been pretty poor this calendar year.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Fulham76 on September 20, 2013, 02:51:48 PM
This proves nothing more other than we have been pretty poor this calendar year.

Agreed. Woeful for nearly a full calendar year yet still in the top flight.

N_O_W_S

Quote from: Northern Cottager on September 20, 2013, 02:53:17 PM
Quote from: Fulham76 on September 20, 2013, 02:51:48 PM

Agreed. Woeful for nearly a full calendar year yet still in the top flight.

I suppose that in a way is a positive!? HURRRAH!

The Old Count

Last 12 matches.  P12. W2. D2. L8. Points 8.

No home wins. Poor performances. Relegation form.

Whiteroom

Quote from: The Old Count on September 20, 2013, 03:11:06 PM
Last 12 matches.  P12. W2. D2. L8. Points 8.

You could probably take a snapshot from a part of every teams season and blow that up into 'relegation form'.

SimpleTactics

Wouldn't say we are good away i would just say we have been terrible at home.

The Old Count

Quote from: Whiteroom on September 20, 2013, 03:52:49 PM
Last 12 matches.  P12. W2. D2. L8. Points 8.

You could probably take a snapshot from a part of every teams season and blow that up into 'relegation form'.
It wasn't a snapshot it was the last 12 games. As reported on the BBC preview for the Chelsea game.

Whiteroom

Quote from: The Old Count on September 20, 2013, 04:21:17 PM

It wasn't a snapshot it was the last 12 games. As reported on the BBC preview for the Chelsea game.
Yeeees, but almost every team will have a spell of poor form in every season. At that point 'relegation form' could be the term banded around. What I am saying is that I think things will improve, and this will, in the grand scheme, just be a poor run of form - not a team destined for relegation.

Enter the Frei

Quote from: SimpleTactics on September 20, 2013, 04:18:03 PM

well results show we've been more succesful away from home under Jol than for most of our stay in the prem.

nose

Quote from: Enter the Frei on September 21, 2013, 02:03:29 AM
Quote from: SimpleTactics on September 20, 2013, 04:18:03 PM

well results show we've been more succesful away from home under Jol than for most of our stay in the prem.

i think we have been more succesful away because we have been so hopeless at home, not because we have done well away. i think the last 12 game stat speaks volumes for how 2nd rate we are at the moment.

ffcbulgaria

Swansea, WBA and Sunderland have had even worse last 15 games than us!

Another fact is our 2 wins are AWAY but also fact is they were vs 2 of the above mentioned!

While this week we play Chelsea the teams from 13th to 20th play each other. Not sure what that means though ;)

The Old Count

Quote from: Whiteroom on September 21, 2013, 01:32:28 AM

Yeeees, but almost every team will have a spell of poor form in every season. At that point 'relegation form' could be the term banded around. What I am saying is that I think things will improve, and this will, in the grand scheme, just be a poor run of form - not a team destined for relegation.

Yes but this is our current form.

premFlem

Interesting insight.

Unfortunately it just means were sh*ite both home and away.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Artful Dodger

Quote from: premFlem on September 21, 2013, 08:42:49 AM

Interesting insight.

Unfortunately it just means were sh*ite both home and away.
Agreed. And we've conceded more corners than anyone else and had fewest shots from inside the penalty area. Not sure what positive you can get from those two facts......
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

The Old Count

Quote from: The Old Count on September 21, 2013, 08:21:14 AM
Quote from: Whiteroom on September 21, 2013, 01:32:28 AM

Yes but this is our current form.

You are probably right about not having relegation form...just.

For the last 32 matches we've averaged a point a game.

Last season and this season.

P32. W8.  D8.   L16. Points 32.

Even on this current form we should just stay up with 38 points.

I'm sure that even with a small improvement we could comfortably finish 14th or 15th.

I'm just stating facts. Not being overly negative.  I have got a tenner on us to win today and another tenner for a draw.

Against Chelsea....that's optimism

Ruiz11

Quote from: horse1031 on September 20, 2013, 02:49:57 PM

Interesting insight.

i have been thinking about this a little bit.  We have been better away from home under Jol's reign, the problem is that our home form has dipped so it has evened out...  frustrating!

Exactly, although the clueless media haven't realised the improvement in our away form.

nose

stats are tricky when the cross the divide of a summer. but the stat in question does raise eyebrows.

but with the changes in the squad the last four games in the prem and the appalling performance at burton, are far more relevant.
A flukey win at sunderland... another poor away defeat at newcastle... a lesson in how it should be done by what should have been a tired demoralised arsenal and an inability to finish off a poor wba, and even then we didn't play that well, it was a very patchy performance.... are the stats to look at.

The truth is we haven't played well for ages. the manager says we have exciting young players, well let's see them, i would risk briggs and mesca... briggs could play left side midfield if you don't want him in defence and mesca looked good throughout pre season.

I do not buy the endless round of we need time to gel. his first season was transition (apparently) the second was diruppted by clint and moose leaving late and now we need to gel and get to know each other. Do you think other teams don't have the same problems? they do, and they get over it by giving a chance to younger players and not discarding them when a 'favourite' comes back.

I hope this doesn't count as changing the nature of the post, if it does i am sorry, but i believe i have just developed an argument based the thread using on the highlited stats as a starting point.

at some point we have to start playing well, i would like to know when that will be.

a poster had a go at me for being too negative, he said the win at sunderland was more important than the performance. actually if we had played well and lost making loads of chances it would have been a better sign for the future. unless you actually play well then the chances of winning are diminished, and playing well isn't necessarilly entertaining, it is just being effective. but we are neither effective or entertaining and 2 years and several games into mr jol's reign i wonder when his appologidists will realise the best thing is for a change.

Now be clear if we win today (no matter how we win) i will be extatic, but one win even against chelsea will not cloud the issue. if we then go on a spectacular run of form, i will be pleased to revise my position. but i really can't imagine that being the case.

filham

The stats show that we are an out of form team and ripe for relegation.
However we have signed several new players and have what seems to be a talented squad that just needs to settle.
While I have no hope for a win today  a good performance would do us the world of good. If followed up by wins at home to Cardiff and Stoke we could then say the green shoots of recovery have appeared.