watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Love Everton Forum questionnaire - Capital One cup

Started by Love Everton Forum, September 20, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Love Everton Forum

Hope you are all in good spirits guys and enjoying the season.

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask a few questions regarding our upcoming match, and the season so far, and would be grateful if you can spare a few minutes to help us out with some answers.

I'll post everybody's replies in our match thread.

We're a new forum with a small community, so please feel free to register and have a chat, where you will be warmly welcomed, together with a varied selection of other Premier League supporters.

I'll keep this short and painless 065.gif

1. What are your thoughts on your season so far?

2. How happy were you with the transfer window, and is the squad stronger as a result?

3. Is Martin Jol proving to be a good manager for Fulham and if so, are you concerned that the club needed to trigger the one year extension rather than agree a longer contract?

4. What, if any, are your thoughts on Everton's managerial change and the transfers that followed?

5. What are your thoughts towards Everton as a football team and our fans?

6. How do you see the future for either team regarding Prem status?

7. Score prediction ? Are you expecting it to be Bad match or an absolute Thriller?

Big thanks to all who respond, and good luck.

www.loveevertonforum.com

Frankie-Peter Taylor

Pretty disappointing, to be honest. Before West Bromwich Albion this weekend, we hadn't played well all season. We've yet to have a fully fit squad though so I suppose that kind of eases the pain of the performances.

2. How happy were you with the transfer window, and is the squad stronger as a result?

I'm quite happy. Maarten Stekelenburg is a world class goalkeeper who was on the list of successors to Van der Sar's thrown at Manchester United, though moved to Roma instead, though I worry about his injury problems. Scott Parker worried me, but he's probably been our best player so far this season. Adel Taarabt is a spark that we needed, a game changer and Darren Bent in a born goalscorer. I think we are stronger, but still lacking that vital great central midfielder.

3. Is Martin Jol proving to be a good manager for Fulham and if so, are you concerned that the club needed to trigger the one year extension rather than agree a longer contract?

I think it's been difficult for Martin Jol, his first season it was a Roy Hodgson team with Bryan Ruiz, though he did do wonders for Mousa Dembele and Clint Dempsey. In his second season, his two best players, Dempsey and Dembele were taken from him, and although we brought in Dimitar Berbatov, we've never been able to fill that gap left by Dembele, but I suppose, how can you? He's unique.

I believe Martin Jol should be left to do his job. The option of another year is something we, oddly, do quite regularly so it doesn't worry me that much. It'll be interesting to see what Shahid Khan does at the end of the season, will he look for his own manager like he did with the Jaguars? We'll just wait and see.

4. What, if any, are your thoughts on Everton's managerial change and the transfers that followed?

I said from about a year ago, if Martin Jol ever left or was sacked, I would want Roberto Martinez as his replacement. Unluckily for us, you nabbed him first. I'm not a huge fan of Marouane Fellaini, so I think you done amazingly well to get £25m for him. Although I think you massively overpaid for Arouna Kone, I believe your deadline day was outstanding. Gareth Barry showed his quality vs. Chelsea, James McCarthy is a top, top player and Romelu Lukaku will score you goals, simple as. I think bringing in Lukaku was a vital move with Jelavic's form.

You do irritate me, mostly because you always beat us. Never had a problem with Everton fans, think the battles between you and Liverpool will be intriguing this year.

I think we'll both be okay. I think Roberto Martinez will lead you to a comfortable top 10 finish, probably top 8. As for us, I'll be happy with 12th.

7. Score prediction ? Are you expecting it to be Bad match or an absolute Thriller?

I think it will be an enjoyable game of football. I would say I'm surprised it wasn't picked to be televised but who wants to watch little old Fulham? I honestly couldn't predict a score line so I'm going to say pens.

SimpleTactics

1. What are your thoughts on your season so far? ~ If I was offered 4 points from our first 4 games I probably would have taken it but after seeing our match performances and inability to create clear chances in the final third it has been pretty disappointing and i hope things pick up soon.

2. How happy were you with the transfer window, and is the squad stronger as a result? ~ Again on paper our transfers look decent but I feel our lack of youth and flair will cause us problems but I feel that Parker and Taarabt will prove to be pivotal signings for us. We could however have done with bringing in a couple more defenders and potentially another striker.

3. Is Martin Jol proving to be a good manager for Fulham and if so, are you concerned that the club needed to trigger the one year extension rather than agree a longer contract?   ~ At this moment in time i am not really a fan of Jol but am willing to give him a chance this season and see whether the squad can begin to work. I feel Jol's desire to defend a 1-0 lead is too risky and doesn't work well as shown by West Brom.

4. What, if any, are your thoughts on Everton's managerial change and the transfers that followed? ~ I highly rate Martinez as a manger and feel he will do good things at Everton. Despite Wigan record going down i feel he can man manage well and also has a good variety of attacking tactics but possibly not defensively. I also believe the additions of Kone, Deulofeu and in particular Lukaku will make Everton even more of a threat going forward and the signing of Barry shows much similarity to Parker for us which I also feel is a good move.

5. What are your thoughts towards Everton as a football team and our fans? ~ When ever i think of Everton I just think of Yakubu and his "perfect" hatrick against us.

6. How do you see the future for either team regarding Prem status? ~ I see Everton finishing 7th whilst I feel Fulham are in store for around 12th spot.

7. Score prediction ? Are you expecting it to be Bad match or an absolute Thriller? ~ Will most likely be a dull game with the way we are playing and I predict Everton to get a 0-2 win purely based on our poor record against you and the current pessimism with Jol in charge.

Lighthouse

Been dull and negativie in the way we play so not happy.

Fairly pleased, Bent is a forward that can do well. We have improved midfield with Parker. So we have done ok.

Some love him, some don't. I am not a fan. He plays dull, defensive football when there is no need. We have talent when everybody is fit but prefer defending deep with the striker on the half way line.

Real pain to lose the manager but Matinez is a great attacking manager and proved with Wigan that he likes good football. Transfers were fine. Overshadowed by the soap opera of will they both go or not. Doubt Everton will feel too unhappy.

Always had good chats with Evertonians. Too much lovey propaganda surrounds your nearest club and their fans. Have to say I found the ones I saw a right let down. Newcastle and Everton were always fans you could mix with and have a banter. Even little old Fulham were treted well.

Everton will be content for a top half. So will we but we will struggle.

Looking forward to it but doubt our manager will entertain. But hope springs etc.

A 2-3 scoreline.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

callumc513

Slightly disappointing, especially after an inept away performance at Newcastle.

Quite happy; Stekelenburg is a top keeper, Parker is a solid addition who has put in some great performances in most of the games that he has played, Bent/Taarabt give us attacking options and Amorebieta will hopefully be one the 2 defenders to replace H/H.

He seems to be an unlucky manager, but has never really managed to recover from losing his two star men in the two Dems. Also our home form has been on a worrying decline since he was appointed.

Martínez looks like a great manager and some of your transfer business was impressive, however it may be worrying that you spent so much on loan moves (rumoured to cost £10m.)

I find myself respecting the club, especially compared to your neighbours and the fans always seem like a laugh, although occasionally overly-demanding.

Fulham: aim for top 12.
Everton: 7th.

Fulham 1-2 Everton

Love Everton Forum

Cheers lads.

I thought had Bent not bottled it you had a good chance against the Chavs. Look forward to Tuesday.

Classic94

Very disappointed and underwhelmed. Drab, negative football combined with inept management. 3 goals in our opening 5 PL games speaks volumes.

On paper at least, it was a decent window. We acquired proven PL talent in Parker & Bent, Stekelenburg is a world class stopper & Amorebieta looks solid. Taarabt is a wildcard. However, still no creative CM.

Not in my opinion, no. We have gone progressively backwards under his management. The loss of key players didn't help our cause last season, but he is running out of excuses and time. The critics are beginning to circle and the fans are growing restless.

Big shoes to fill after Moyes' success, but I think Martinez is up to the task. He performed admirably at Wigan. Transfer-wise, Lukaku seems to be the pick of the bunch - or be it on a loan deal. Deloufeu looks an exciting prospect.  

An astute, family-orientated club. Moyes overachieved with the resources he was given. Your supporters seem very knowledgeable about the game.

Fulham: Top 12. Everton: Top 8

0-2. You'll have too much for us on the day. We have nothing to offer at present.

Harold Shand

Used to love the W.S.A.G. forum.

Probably the best football forum ever. :wine:

Fulham Tup North

Quote from: Love Everton Forum on September 20, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

I'd like to take this opportunity to ask a few questions regarding our upcoming match, and the season so far, and would be grateful if you can spare a few minutes to help us out with some answers.

We're a new forum with a small community, so please feel free to register and have a chat, where you will be warmly welcomed, together with a varied selection of other Premier League supporters.

Gutless :(
Stronger, but Older :(
I always hoped he would turn us into a good 'Footballing' side, but as a team we are going backwards.  Trouble is who else is there out there?
I like Everton, they play good football and are entertaining.  Only unbeaten side in the Prem, says a lot.
Well run club, good humoured fans. Spend wisely and are not stuck up their own backsides like the Red half of town.
I can see Everton pushing Tottenham / Liverpool for 5th place (behind,Manure/City/ Arsenal/Chelsea).  For us? It is beginning to look like a long season.  We need a side which can remain unchanged for a run of games and need to find goals.  Other 'lower' table sides are getting stronger but we are getting older and looking it.  Lack of enthusiasm is scary.
We will start ok, hold on till half time and then tire rapidly after 70 mins.  Everton 2-0.  Unless we rest some of the '1st' choice players and let the youngsters have a run out.  At least they will look like they care and want to play for Fulham.  Hope its the latter of the two.

Sorry its a bit negative but I am feeling a bit depressed with this season so far :(
Taking the lad to the Cardiff game Saturday, so maybe a good midweek win will see us 'turn a corner'.  Fingers crossed.
COYW

www.loveevertonforum.com
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"

MOR :

Quote from: Love Everton Forum on September 20, 2013, 04:34:47 PM

www.loveevertonforum.com

1. Rubbish
2. Fairly happy but we do need to inject some young blood to the team.
3. He's not particularly good at the moment.
4. Good business I think.
5. Everton seem to be run well, not a great lover of the fans. Attacked back in 1975 after we beat you in the FA Cup, and the tossers used a knife. (Feel free not to put this answer in if you want to).
6. Mid table for both.
7. Everton to win 2-1.

Burt

Hi there,

Disappointing... We should be playing better with the people we have within the team, but whilst we are relatively steady at the back, our midfield is defensive rather than creative and we are predictable and ponderous when it comes to moving the ball up the pitch. The concept of a swift counter-attack is a leisurely crab-like saunter up to the final third and then that's it.

We had a good window, and net spending was up on previous seasons and there is no doubt we have a stronger spine and Bent up front was a good move.

Refer to Q1... I have always been a fan of Jol but this is his team now so the excuses around transition time etc. just don't stack up. If we are still bottom 3 come Xmas then I think he should go.

Moyes has been a great servant for Everton and it is a big move for him. I actually don't think he will succeed at Old Trafford. Martinez is a strong replacement, he has a good attacking philosophy that we would do well to emulate.

A good team, a club with pride and heritage, and all the Evertonians I know are a good bunch.

Top half for Everton, bottom half for us...

Like the MJ reference... Can't see it being a thriller. Reckon we will lose 0-1.

Southcoastffc

1. Frustrating going on depressing.  Things can only get better??????

2. Theoretically a goodish window but it's not yet showing in our play/results.  Key members of our squad seem to need a huge kick up the backside - not sure if Jol is the man to do it. 

3.  He has a difficult job, but communication with the fans is not great.  I'm not sure anyone really knows what he is trying to do.

4.    Martinez has to show he's not lightweight.  Transfers seem to be positive though. Keeping Baines - by design or accident  - is a big big plus

5. Never sure why since we came into the Prem we often have on-pitch dust-ups. IMO Everton are well respected and deservedly so, always on the edge of achieving something and always give us a hard game.

6. You should be ok for 'ever'.  We are in danger of getting dragged down this season.

7.  From our point of view, a bad match (and result) but we are Fulham and so are very unpredictable!
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

Shredhead

Grim - a continuation of the end of last season

Happy - the squad is stronger, but I'm not sure our manager knows how to play the new squad yet.

Unfortunately, the jury's still out. It should have been in halfway through last season but we lost our way.

Great new manager - I wish we could have him. Given his pedigree, you'll have a more comfortable season than us even losing some of your stalwarts.

I have a lot of respect for Everton. One of my best friends (sadly now dead) supported them so I never mind too much when we lose to you at Goodison.

We will struggle. You will be midtable.

Groan. We'll either lose 2-1 or it will go to pens and we'll lose. The 'We need to concentrate on the league' excuse is a valid one this year.

www.loveevertonforum.com
Also occasionally on Twitter @shredheadFFC

Vinnieffc

Hello and thanks for taking the time to join us on our forum. Here's my tuppence worth..

Not great. We are too negative. Chavski were there for the taking at the weekend but we show little attacking ambition.

Pretty good actually. I think signing Parker was a result,as was Bent. Problem is Jol has the pieces but can't complete the jigsaw.

I would personally like him to go, but what are the alternatives ? I think the current manager of the Dog & Duck could do a better job.

Moyes move was inevitable, but Martinez is an excellent replacement. Transfers wise, I think holding on to Baines was your best signing

I like Everton and have a couple of mates who are fans. Never been to Goodison but have had a few enjoyable beers with Evertonians for games at the cottage.

Everton.. 7th.. Us.. 12th

Dismal game with Toffee's winning 2-0

copthornemike

Disappointing. 

On paper - very good. Parker, Bent and Stekelenburg - nop notch. Amorebieta and Taarabt look good buys and converting Reither's loan to a permanent contract was a no brainer. However as many have pointed out we really miss a creative midfielder.

I believe he is a good manager but recent results and performances say otherwise I am afraid.

Moyes - one of the top over achievers for many seasons. Martinez was a bit of a surprise appointment which might yet turn out to be a revelation. Lukaku and Barry - good buys though I think over time you will miss Fellaini. Keeping Baines might turn out out to be your best bit of 'business' - always rated him. 

Like the way Kenwright has retained the best traditions of a community -orientated club. Supporters likeable and obviously enjoy their footy. Do not give the impression of 'looking down their nose' at smaller teams.

Fulham: Honestly do not have a clue. Everton: Top 8 - top 6 may be too large a task bearing in mind the resources of the 'big hitters.'

2-1 - can see a close match, definitely not a thriller.

Love Everton Forum

Well done lads, and good luck in the next round etc.

Appreciate the chat, and will nip in again soon. All welcome at our forum.

www.loveevertonforum.com

Lighthouse

Just watched twenty minutes of highlights via the above link. But at Fulham not a dickie bird yet.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope