watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Player contracts

Started by JackyFulham90, September 20, 2013, 11:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JackyFulham90

I see we are in talks with Sidwell over a new deal & it got me thinking about our player contracts.  I am positive over this season I think we will keep getting better & be comfortably mid table come May. Obviously Khan has come in but I hope the club sorts out the player contracts this season, obviously last summer we lost Schwarzer , Baird , Diarra , Petric but this time we have a lot of quality with expiring contracts.

Correct me if I am wrong but the players who's deals run out at the end of the season are

Etheridge
Hughes
Senderos
Briggs
Riise
Duff
Sidwell
Karagounis
Taarabt (end of loan)
Bent (end of loan)
Berbatov

Who would everyone want to see us keep?

For me it's Etheridge , Briggs , Sidwell , Taarabt , Bent

Sorry I know it's early season I just hope it's something the club doesn't lesve until the last minute

God The Mechanic

Honestly, from all of them, the only one I'd be really keen to keep is probably Taarabt.

Etheridge is just a back up keeper, so no major issue if he leaves.  Hughes is on a decline, and I'd rather he went out on a relative high than peter out and become stupid error prone cos of age.  Senderos is neither here nor there, I imagine a decent replacement wouldn't be overly hard to find but if he isn't on high wages then keep him.  Briggs just doesn't seem to have ever pushed on.  Riise is definitely on the way out.  Duff is like Hughes.  Not a massive fan of Sidwell as it is, would hope better players would be available.  Karagounis is 900 years old.  Bent will be 30 and won't be playing for a World Cup place, so meh.  Berba will be 33 and I dunno... he's awesome to watch at times and I'm glad he was here last year, but this he just doesn't seem like he can be arsed at all and is really quite frustrating to watch - and I'm a ridiculous fanboy :P

wonderfulthingFFC

From what I have seen I would keep Sidwell, Taarabt and maybe Bent. Etheridge I have only seen be truly awful, Briggs the same. The other past their sell by date. 

God The Mechanic

Quote from: wonderfulthingFFC on September 20, 2013, 11:39:14 PM
From what I have seen I would keep Sidwell, Taarabt and maybe Bent. Etheridge I have only seen be truly awful, Briggs the same. The other past their sell by date. 

And that's the problem with this squad.  Last year 6/7 players left and had to be replaced, and next summer is gonna be exactly the same.  There's no real stability cos 4/5 of the team are OAPs.

Bassey the warrior

Too early to say. Let's revisit this in a few months. Give them a chance to earn their keep.

JackyFulham90

Hopefully next year Duff , Hughes , Karagounis who are ageing but have been top players for us & replace them with younger players.  Hopefully the likes of Burn , David , Mesca & Trotta will be ready to step up

ffcbulgaria

Keep Senderos, Sidwell and Berbatov if he lowers wage demands.

On Bent and Taarabt I'll decide later in the season.

Let go of Karagounis (too old even if he still has some spark), Riise and Briggs if that new guy can really play LB and be good backup for it. Bye bye Etheridge.

Hughes can stay as a 4th/5th choice CD and Duff could play some deep back-up role as well.

David Allen Crankshaw

From the list I wouldn't miss any of them with the exception of Taarabt depending on what he does this season. Bent and Berbatov are on massive wages whch could be used for a number of new players. I would expect the likes of Mesca, Burn and David to feature next season. There's always the January transfer window where there may be further additions.

Ruiz11

Bent will prove his worth I'm sure, definitely should sign him permanently. I think he'll score today.

HatterDon

Quote from: Ruiz11 on September 21, 2013, 09:44:14 AM
Bent will prove his worth I'm sure, definitely should sign him permanently. I think he'll score today.

He certainly gave it a good try.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Nero

let them all go and when Hiddink takes over with Khans millions let him but a new team.

otherwise

Etheridge - keep
Hughes - keep
Senderos - go if not playing
Briggs - give the kid a a few games if no good let go
Riise - should have gone in the summer
Duff - getting on now
Sidwell - - keep
Karagounis - make him a coach
Taarabt (end of loan) - not seen enough yet
Bent (end of loan) - not seen enough yet,
Berbatov - can see why fergie got rid but if we actually attacked and he stayed up front who knows

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: JackyFulham90 on September 20, 2013, 11:31:58 PM
I see we are in talks with Sidwell over a new deal & it got me thinking about our player contracts.  I am positive over this season I think we will keep getting better & be comfortably mid table come May. Obviously Khan has come in but I hope the club sorts out the player contracts this season, obviously last summer we lost Schwarzer , Baird , Diarra , Petric but this time we have a lot of quality with expiring contracts.

Correct me if I am wrong but the players who's deals run out at the end of the season are

Etheridge
Hughes
Senderos
Briggs
Riise
Duff
Sidwell
Karagounis
Taarabt (end of loan)
Bent (end of loan)
Berbatov

Who would everyone want to see us keep?

For me it's Etheridge , Briggs , Sidwell , Taarabt , Bent

Sorry I know it's early season I just hope it's something the club doesn't lesve until the last minute

By the end of the season, it will be good to have Dan Burn back from loan, and Grimmer will have developed. We also have promising full right and left full-backs. We need a new left back. Defensively therefore, I would keep no-one apart from Etheridge then for a contract extension, as he may be good to continue as 3rd choice goalkeeper place.

In midfield we need a creative midfield partner, with strength vision and pace to work alongside Parker. Sidwell and Boateng good as back up. Chris David will have developed in the creative midfield area as well. Only Sidwell, then for a new contract extension.

Up front, we need an experienced and effective striker. Pay the money! Give our great young strikers chances in the U-21s. Hopefully, Trotta will also have developed. I would go for extending Berba's contract by a further year, but more on the basis as a player to be used in tactical situations. No other contract extensions.

All of the above, with three new, young, dynamic, high value signings (LB, CM, striker) then, and more opportunities to blood our really promising young players.