https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

So, negativity about Jol is wrong......

Started by leonffc, September 22, 2013, 08:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bassey the warrior

Quote from: Logicalman on September 23, 2013, 07:32:17 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 23, 2013, 07:19:31 PM
Sidwell is appreciated all the more at the present moment because of the ground he covers (as well as the effort expended).  He takes risks, cheats positionally at times, then rushes back in transition.   We haven't been exposed when he roams, so they must be doing a decent job of covering for him during his forays up.  His passing looks better, too.  I think we have to put Ruiz and Berbatov just behind Bent, though.  We have to create more attacking opportunities.  We can't rely on set pieces.  1. We don't get enough of them; and 2. It's not our strong suit.  I'd put Senderos in for Hangeland against Everton. Let's see what happens.

Totally agree. And in addition ...

Sidwell has been more or less a solid player for us. He has made his mistakes, though not as many as another current squad player I could mention that led to conceding goals, he is a solid tackler of the ball, can lay it off, and even shoot at times.

In the same mold as Duffy, he tries his best and puts in 150% each game. Perhaps he's not as brilliant as Berbatov, but when I see one player putting in 150% effort and one that cannot be bothered to get much above 20%, I think I know the one that I would prefer, week-in and week-out.

That's why I like him as a bloke. He's honest, he's a big team player and he makes the most of his ability. If he would stop taking long shots and skying them I'd like him even more.