watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

NFR: QPR and Harry

Started by win-dup, September 22, 2013, 09:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

win-dup

Why do so many people on here obsess about QPR? Some of the remarks on here about Harry are well out of order too. His tic is the result of an horrific car accident about twentyfive years ago. He was a decent player and as far as I'm concerned his man management skills are second to none. Incidentally for those on here who ''hate'' him just because he is managing QPR, as said previously he was a decent pro footballer, a well respected manager, a multi-millionaire who owns a house in the most expensive area of England, and he saw off the tax man with a mixture of wit and charm. Never met him myself but understand he is a good guy too. Perhaps his detractors on here would like to list their achievements?

SP

I can't comment on any Harry criticisms, but I occasionally dip into the We Are The Rangers Boys forum because it cheers me up compared to the doom & gloom on here.

I'd rather play the supa hoops as it generates a bit of old style passion from the fans.

Fulham76

Quote from: win-dup on September 22, 2013, 09:38:11 PM
Why do so many people on here obsess about QPR? Some of the remarks on here about Harry are well out of order too. His tic is the result of an horrific car accident about twentyfive years ago. He was a decent player and as far as I'm concerned his man management skills are second to none. Incidentally for the morons on here who ''hate'' him just because he is managing QPR, as said previously he was a decent pro footballer, a well respected manager, a multi-millionaire who owns a house in the most expensive area of England, and he saw off the tax man with a mixture of wit and charm. Never met him myself but understand he is a good guy too. Perhaps his detractors on here would like to list their achievements?

You sound like you're in love with him! Couldn't give a monkeys about rangers & never have. Showed a bit of interest in them for the last 2 seasons but only because we were playing them. And, it was hilarious watching their idiot owners try & run a football club... What a mess they made of it too! No problem with Redknapp. Overall he's been reasonably successful wherever he's been. Not sure about the qpr obsession you mention, barely seen them mentioned on here for months but well done for starting another one!

Brown@FFC

He's fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Fantastic player. Simply fantastic.

Buffalo76

Why do so many people on here obsess about QPR? Some of the remarks on here about Harry are well out of order too. His tic is the result of an horrific car accident about twentyfive years ago. He was a decent player and as far as I'm concerned his man management skills are second to none. Incidentally for the morons on here who ''hate'' him just because he is managing QPR, as said previously he was a decent pro footballer, a well respected manager, a multi-millionaire who owns a house in the most expensive area of England, and he saw off the tax man with a mixture of wit and charm. Never met him myself but understand he is a good guy too. Perhaps his detractors on here would like to list their achievements?

:HD:

King_Crud

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 22, 2013, 09:51:42 PM
He's fantastic, absolutely fantastic. Fantastic player. Simply fantastic.

I'd love to have the lad lead my squad, who wouldn't? Top lad, really going places.

Skatzoffc

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

Wimbledon_White

RidgeRider

Why do so many people on here obsess about QPR? Some of the remarks on here about Harry are well out of order too. His tic is the result of an horrific car accident about twentyfive years ago. He was a decent player and as far as I'm concerned his man management skills are second to none. Incidentally for those on here who ''hate'' him just because he is managing QPR, as said previously he was a decent pro footballer, a well respected manager, a multi-millionaire who owns a house in the most expensive area of England, and he saw off the tax man with a mixture of wit and charm. Never met him myself but understand he is a good guy too. Perhaps his detractors on here would like to list their achievements?

Most hated him before he coached QPR, you must either be a QPR fan or new to this site. His destruction of Portsmouth (and other sides), his legal trouble that makes him out to be fairly shady character (brown envelopes) might have more to do with Fulham supporters view of him. In fact, I would say many fans of many teams feel the same. You are true to your screen name that's for sure.

Jimpav

I couldn't stand him before QPR and can't stand him now.

His moves between Portsmouth and Southampton were shameless and were against the spirit of the game.

His transfer dealings are shady at best - openly tapping up players and manipulating anyone foolish enough to air his opinions.

His achievements consist of relegating three clubs and blowing his chance of the England job and chance to manage Spurs simultaneously.

Clearly he has fooled you along with the media cronies that keep him in employment in exchange for sound bites.

Nero

Arry taping up never peter odenwingie was just out for a drive and found himself at loftus road, arry had never spoken to the chap.

but he could do with 2 or 3 more players

The Bronsons

Why does anyone bother to answer win-dup's posts? Surely the clue is in the name?

Jack Fulham

Logicalman

Quote from: Jimpav on September 22, 2013, 10:50:46 PM
I couldn't stand him before QPR and can't stand him now.

His moves between Portsmouth and Southampton were shameless and were against the spirit of the game.

His transfer dealings are shady at best - openly tapping up players and manipulating anyone foolish enough to air his opinions.

His achievements consist of relegating three clubs and blowing his chance of the England job and chance to manage Spurs simultaneously.

Clearly he has fooled you along with the media cronies that keep him in employment in exchange for sound bites.

I think the word for Harry would be shameful. He did so much to bring the game into disrepute.

As for this, if you believe Harry was the great almighty person, without any faults at all, I'm one that will never agree with you.

I lived and worked in Bournemouth when he started his dodgy dealing there, which brought Bournemouth almost into administration when he caused their debt to expand by a factor of 13 (that's 150K to 2Mil), and that was before moving onto the Spammers (remember Marco Boogers? or Florian Raducioiu? or the Rio sale affair?), and then onto Pompey and his great pal Milan - then Southampton whom he got relegated - and so jumped ship back to Pompey where he spent money like water (remember Nugent and Utaka perhaps?). And I firmly believe in no smoke without fire, so the allegations of pocketing monies is something I will never dismiss.

As for my achievements, I have never swindled the tax man and the honest tax payers including those on this MB. I have worked - honestly and above reproach - all my life, and I don't own a million-dollar house in the Sandbanks area of Poole, though I have been to the house, and many others there.

I have never had any links to anyone called Mandaric, own secret overseas accounts in my dogs name, and am not driven solely by money and fame.

I believe a manager should be above reproach and, at least outwardly, honest, because if a man cannot be trustworthy in his business dealings, then I wouldn't trust him with MY club. If you think this man is the best that England has got, I would just say one name to you: Roy.

And one last thing: If you firmly believe that "and he saw off the tax man with a mixture of wit and charm" is a credential to be proud of, then you and I will never see eye-to-eye, I spent half by working life putting away criminals, and so I have no respect for them at all, however charming, twitchy and illiterate one might be!

Slaphead in Qatar

Not sure i agree with all you say. But i would say i would prefer him to jol. He wouldn't be able to bankrupt our club, our board is too tight. With the players we do have i am sure he would pick up more points than jol.
[/quote]

Deanothefulhamfan

Having met him at the races I can say he is a really nice guy... Exactly how I expected

On the pitch I don't agree with everything he does, and his managment skills can be judged on a flip of the coin, you could see him doing well with one club and then terribly with another.

Was he proven not guilty in a court of law for tax evasion, If so I think this was down more to wit and charm, and more down to inconclusive evidence?

Wingnut

They will be back in the PL next season under him. I can't see them finishing outside the top 2. Always comes across as a nice man Harry.
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Forever Fulham

I don't like the way he blames everyone and anyone for a poor result--except himself.  He never shoulders any of it.  Remember the excuses and finger-pointing before relegation?  Who will commit 100% to a man who does that?

EJL

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 23, 2013, 09:23:38 PM
I don't like the way he blames everyone and anyone for a poor result--except himself.  He never shoulders any of it.  Remember the excuses and finger-pointing before relegation?  Who will commit 100% to a man who does that?
Sounds familiar.