watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Zverotic was immense.

Started by ChesterTheTabby, September 24, 2013, 10:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Title says it all. And Amborieta deserves to start.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Deanothefulhamfan

Agreed, he was superb tonight.... Karagounis just pipped him for MOM imo though.

fulhamben

yep on current form id give him the nod over reither for the next game.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

F(f)CUK

How amazing was Stockdale's save (or the Everton miss) at the end!!!

fulhamben

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 24, 2013, 10:16:43 PM
was good, also off target but stockdale did not know that and there was a toffee waiting to slot it in at back post

gerrys

Quote from: F(f)CUK on September 24, 2013, 10:16:43 PM

:plus one:

Brown@FFC

Performances:

Stockdale- good performance. Great save.
Zverotic- did his job well.
Senderos- solid.
Hangeland- solid.
Riise- woeful.
Taarabt- rubbish.
Karagounis- superb.
Parker- solid.
Kaca- better than Chelsea, not great.
Kasami- worked really hard, played well.
Berbatov- frustrating, good to watch. Typical 2012-13 performance.
Amorebieta- great LB and CB, has to start.
Bent- extra forward made all the difference.

RaySmith

KP_FFC

Ruiz11

I thought Zverotić looked a bit nervous and unsure in the first half, which is understandable considering he was making his debut in Ebgkish football, but in the second half he was excellent. The whole team improved considerably after the break, and for that Jol has to be given some credit.

Jack Fulham

He had a good left foot cross and a good game in general. I do question how Naismith got in behind twice though,  he was playing on the left so whether it was Zverotic fault for not tracking him I am not sure.

farfouille

Quote from: Jack Fulham on September 24, 2013, 11:27:51 PM
He had a good left foot cross and a good game in general. I do question how Naismith got in behind twice though,  he was playing on the left so whether it was Zverotic fault for not tracking him I am not sure.

If you are talking about their goal, I think Riise ruined the offside trap. It was not Zverotic's fault, I think.
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen

fulhamben

will have to check again but it looked like parker made a crazy run into our own box and kept him onside for the goal

Pluto

I was hugely impressed with this guy- looks like we've picked up another bargain full back! Thought he gave 110% tonight and was really out to show what he could do. Managed to keep Deulofeu quiet most of the second half, made several good challenges, and got involved in the attack- both cutting inside on his left and putting in some very good balls.

Will be really unlucky if he loses his place on Saturday. I'd be tempted to start him over Riether or give him a try on the left.

Denver Fulham

Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2013, 11:43:06 PM
will have to check again but it looked like parker made a crazy run into our own box and kept him onside for the goal

It was Parker who blew up the offside line being held by the back four.

Deanothefulhamfan

I thought Zverotic was superb in the first half. Him and Kaca were a real positive for me.

leonffc

Quote from: Denver Fulham on September 24, 2013, 11:48:43 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on September 24, 2013, 11:43:06 PM

It was Parker who blew up the offside line being held by the back four.

Ahhh thats OK then, we'll say no more on the subject (unlike the 4 page thread the other week when Riise marginally played someone onside).
That said, I'm not Riise's biggest fan and I'd like to see Zverotic have a go at left back if he is that good.

westcliff white

i actually thought Zvorotic stopped and let naismith go, didn't see anyone running back at all (was streaming it here in belgium, so may have missed something).

Stockers -I think had his best game for a long time
Zvortic - Showed he can push Riether which is a goof thing
Riise - Less said the better
Hangerland - Solid and led well
Senderos - One of his better games (still a mistake waiting to happen)
Kaca - Better than the weekend, his pace will kill some teams
Parker - Superb as always (just my opinion)
Kara - Outstanding performance for an old man
Tarrabt - Some nice touches but not his best game
Kasami - Finally showing what we hoped he would be
Berbatov - A good performance from the mecurial one
Amorebieta - Far beyyer than Riise on the left, for me he should start with Hangers
Bent - Lively performance, a good sing

Overalss for me it was a good performance (Riise aside), not everyone is going to have their best game every game, so Tarrabt will shine another day, I thought Berba looked sharp tonight, yes he slows play down but overall his effort & desire was there and in the 2nd half he looked bery controlled. Bent made the difference for me though that is when we had an outlet and berba could come deeper, which allowed Kasami and Kaca more freedom.

Kara tho was my man of the match if only he was 8 years younger.
Every day is a Fulham day

Jamie88

I agree Zverotic was fantastic, especially when he found his stride. Would be great to somehow fit both himself and Riether in the starting XI

farfouille

Quote from: Jamie88 on September 25, 2013, 07:00:10 AM
I agree Zverotic was fantastic, especially when he found his stride. Would be great to somehow fit both himself and Riether in the starting XI

Actually, he can play on the left.

Riether-Hangeland-Amore-Zverotic

That sounds great, right?
"Everybody's assuming [Berbatov will go] but as far as I know he is a Man United player....my mistake. Oh my God. He's a Fulham player."
- Rene Meulensteen