watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rainbow laces

Started by Deanothefulhamfan, September 25, 2013, 07:54:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Deanothefulhamfan

Out of interest did any of our Fulham players wear the much talked about "rainbow laces " at the weekend?

I noticed our club left it upto the players whether they wanted to wear them or not?

leonffc

Surely the stupid coloured boots players wear these days is enough?

Berserker

I like the coloured boots, but i must admit i do follow the gender stereotype in the foot wear department.

Can't see the detail of the laces from wear i sit anyhow,  but i was really concentrating on the game rather than footwear and laces last night
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Deanothefulhamfan

It was not last night, it was at the weekend against Chelsea. Obviously the rainbow laces are part of a campaign to help deal with homophobic issues in football, I just wondered if any of our team supported this campaign.

As for the coloured boots, I think they offer your foot no protection as they are made of lightweight material - so I will not wear them ( mine are white ) but still a decent pair of Adidas leather boots

leonffc

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 25, 2013, 08:39:31 AM
It was not last night, it was at the weekend against Chelsea. Obviously the rainbow laces are part of a campaign to help deal with homophobic issues in football, I just wondered if any of our team supported this campaign.

As for the coloured boots, I think they offer your foot no protection as they are made of lightweight material - so I will not wear them ( mine are white ) but still a decent pair of Adidas leather boots

To be fair, you can get black versions of the hideous things that you describe Deano. But I've banned Luis from having anything like that because of the material. Nothing to do with protection but after they've been wet once they smell like a thousand cats have peed in them!!

I'm an Adidas Copa Mundial / World cup man myself (as are the kids now their feet are big enough) and if anyone in the game ruined those classic master peices with rainbow laces they should incur an immediate 5 game ban!!.

It doesn't worry me if a footballer is gay but I can see why they don't 'come out'. Either way, stupid laces wont help IMO.

Joe McDonald

Stocko did, he posted a few pictures on Twitter

The Old Count

They could just have their shirts lifted up as a show of support

bill taylors apprentice

Quote from: The Old Count on September 25, 2013, 11:58:45 AM

Your comment gave me my first laugh out loud today.

leonffc

Quote from: The Old Count on September 25, 2013, 11:58:45 AM

064.gif

084.gif

Sammyffc

I seen a picture of darren wearing them on twitter , someone replied ' he must be bent '  090.gif

ron

Depends on whether you prefer to be straight laced....?   :drums: