watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Amorebieta

Started by Chesh, September 25, 2013, 09:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chesh

Not sure if his favoured position is centre-back or left back, but from what I have seen, I hope he gets a run at left back. Against West Brom and Everton he has played a total of about 40 minutes in that role, yet has shown more in that time than Riise has done in his whole time with us.

Better than Richardson to date as well, and his passing into feet was excellent last night.

I would put up with a now aging Hughes, or even Senderos, at centre back for the time being, for the added value that Amorebieta looks to give down the left. 

Made in Hammersmith (1968)

Zu-Meister

when fit, richardson is actually a decent left back. id rather hangeland and amorebieta in the middle, but clearly amorebieta is able to fill in when richardson isnt there.

Holders

Quote from: Zu-Meister on September 25, 2013, 09:43:49 AM
when fit, richardson is actually a decent left back. id rather hangeland and amorebieta in the middle, but clearly amorebieta is able to fill in when richardson isnt there.

+1  With Zverotic showing himself a more than capable back-up to Riether I'm entirely happy now with defensive options. Let's hope that this will now lead to a more robust defence as formerly but not for some years.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

Chesh

Quote from: Zu-Meister on September 25, 2013, 09:43:49 AM

'When fit' - exactly.

No' I agree Richardson is a decent enough left back, but I just think Amorebieta has shown to be more effective, and the benefit of having him there outweighs the benefit of having him at centre-half, where he is more likely to give penalties away.

Whatever happens, if we haven't seen the last of Riise in the starting eleven I'll be very surprised - one of the most underwhelming Fulham careers I can remember, based on what he used to be capable of for Liverpool.   

TonyGilroy

Quote from: Chesh on September 25, 2013, 12:04:49 PM

Whatever happens, if we haven't seen the last of Riise in the starting eleven I'll be very surprised - one of the most underwhelming Fulham careers I can remember, based on what he used to be capable of for Liverpool.   

I think he knows it. He didn't look happy to be taken off.

Chesh

Quote from: TonyGilroy on September 25, 2013, 12:08:55 PM
Quote from: Chesh on September 25, 2013, 12:04:49 PM

I think he knows it. He didn't look happy to be taken off.

I noticed that, in fact I thought the 'head down' slow walk off was a bit childish, bearing in mind his 'performances'. It seemed to border on dissent with regards to the manager's decision, and he'll be off in January (won't be in the Premier League though - other than the likes of Palace or Hull)

bill taylors apprentice

He has brought very little to the team from day one, maybe a few early games, until the opposition sussed him out.
I believe his contract runs out next summer and it would make sense to release him early if someone was willing to give him regular games.

bill taylors apprentice

He got a decent round of applause when he came off which IMO thought was as much about getting behind the team  as for him.

Berserker

Regarding Riise our little P2 enclave yesterday thought it seemed as if non of the other players communicated or passed the ball to him much, also he walked off the pitch at the end on his own. We wondered if he'd fallen out with the team as well as Jol.
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.