more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow At Southend Report

Started by FFC1987, September 25, 2013, 10:06:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFC1987

Hey,

Thought i'd share a view from my 'chief scout' from Southend. Said he's showing really good promise but seeing as Southend have terrible form at the moment the young man has found it difficult to shine. However he did say, parts of the crowd are already getting on his back and criticising him heavilly for his inability to get into positions for chances.

Take that how you will but my guy likes him and says hes generally showing promise in a team on a poor run so its a positive. Thought i'd mention the crowd too and hope they go a little easy on him as he's very young still! Anywho at least some appreciate the hard grafts he's been putting in.

God The Mechanic

He's more a number 10 than a 9 no?  So he's hardly gonna be in and around poaching as such.
And it's his first big step up to proper pro leagues.

westcliff white

i live in southend and saw him play, was quite excited given the reports on out site about him. I have witnessed the fans getting on his back, it may be a little unfair, however i was quite disappointed with his play, he lacked the awareness I would have expected. Before you jump down my throat, he was payed behind Eastwood and didn't seem to know where he should be, that could be the coaching or unclear instructions of course, his control was poor as well. However it should be noted that division 2 is physical and he was getting buffeted about somewhat. I see potential there but he has a lot of work to do, i think staying at southend until at least January would be good for him.
Every day is a Fulham day

FFC1987

Ah I forgot to mention, he said it seemed Eastwood and Woodrow are quite similar and it stood out. Not sure myself but the fans were also exciting blistering pace which obviously isn't his game.

Deanothefulhamfan

Sad to hear the fans are getting on hs back already. He needs a goal, and that will keep them quiet

westcliff white

its always the same, no matter what age when you loan a player from the top division fans expect results. guess no different to how our boys got booed last night or other games, as in southend have only taken 1 point from the last 15 so the fans are frustrated.

FFC1987

Sorry this wasn't a post to have a dig at Southend supporters, just a update of how his loan is going because like myself, I know a lot of fans were excited at this prospect.

MJG

Its all a learning curve for him. I don't see him as a no10 so really needs to be playing uptop.
As long as he's in the 18 and getting some kind of time its good for him and the club. Only 18 remember, but also a reminder to some that just because an 18 year old is banging them in at u21/18 does not mean it translates to guest team football.they all need experience.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 4

HatterDon

Quote from: westcliff white on September 25, 2013, 01:01:04 PM
its always the same, no matter what age when you loan a player from the top division fans expect results. guess no different to how our boys got booed last night or other games, as in southend have only taken 1 point from the last 15 so the fans are frustrated.

exactly; well said.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Pluto

I think Cauley can become a very good player, based what I've seen of him. He doesn't have blistering pace but is an excellent finisher, holds the ball up well, gets into good areas and looks to have a decent footballing brain.

I think this tough spell at Southend could be good for him- will show him that senior level is a step up from under 18s and that he needs to put in plenty of work. He'll know he has to lift his game now- hopefully he can do so and make that step.

westcliff white

I agree Pluto hence why I say I hope he stays longer

hongkongfulham

Thanks for this the update. Always like to know what is going on with our loanee buts its hard to know out here, despite the loan reports fulham put out.