more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers website

Started by TMWFC, September 26, 2013, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TMWFC

Hello all,

The new Tooting & Mitcham wanderers website is up and running for all club news and fixtures and can be found at www.tmwfc.com

If any Fulham fans living local have a free weekend and fancy popping along to see us you will be most welcome.

Bring your Fulham season tickets and gain entry for half price.

Thank you.

SG

Many years ago c 1958 (aged8) I used to watch Tooting & Mitcham one week and Fulham the next. I was there when they played Notts Forest in 1959, when Forest went on to reach the final. I know that Sandy Lane is no more but do they still play in black and white stripes?

SP

The new ground, that isn't so new now, is great for facilities, view, pies & atmosphere.  Well worth a visit & free parking on site.  The last time I went a couple of years ago the Young's we were served looked & tasted like pond water but I'm sure that was a one off.  Fans of industrial language should position themselves behind the goal Tooting are attacking.

TMWFC

Hello again,

Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers are actually a different club to the T&M United that SP and SG refer to above.

Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers was formed this year by former supporters, Club Members and employees of T&M United who had for some time become extremely disgruntled by the way T&M United was being run by its owner, who is neither at T&M United or even a real football fan.

The power at the club had been taken away from the fans, and in the opinions of those supporters and Club Members who have now left -so had the enjoyment and whole point of being a non-league club, with the club no longer being a traditional non-league club as its traditional and rightful non-league values had been stripped away from it.

As a result, and as heartbreaking as it felt, these supporters, Club Members and ex-employees had decided that enough was enough and it was now time to bring the real Tooting & Mitcham back to life in the form of Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers, a proper traditional non-league club once again, being fan owned, fan run and with all the power at the club being back with the fans, with all its non-league values back in place once again.

These fans and ex-employees can now do everything that they want to do at Tooting & Mitcham Wanderers, the way they want to do it, and all for the best of the football club first and foremost, they way it should be at all non-league clubs.

SP

Thanks for the update TMWFC & very best wishes with the new venture.  My daughter spent 3 happy years playing there so I witnessed first hand the positive impact football & discipline can have on youngsters who haven't had the benefit of a decent upbringing.  Apologies if this sounds smug, not meant to be.