News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Have you ever pinched anything from the Cottage?

Started by SP, September 26, 2013, 09:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SP

Now, theft is theft, & is completely unacceptable.  But, back in the days of the programme shop in the Stevenage Road Stand it was common practice (i'm reliably informed) for kids to slide the odd programme down their parkas - disgraceful behaviour.   

I also recall a few signs being removed when we relocated to Loftus Road, any more?

terryr

I stole a mint from the urinal......tasted bad though

Andy S

I Nicked some grass from the pitch Roots as well and cultivated it until we returned

DukeTyrion

I remember sitting in the pub after the last game at the cottage before we went to Loftus Road.

People were turning up with all sorts of weird items under their jackets >.<

epsomraver

Door mat with the old Fulham crest " somehow" found itself under someone's arm when we went to Loftus Road

Guinness Haze

Nope.  Never stolen anything from the Cottage (or anywhere else for that matter).  

Did, however, once feel like an escaping convict after being locked in the ground and trying to climb the main gates.  

This was back in the day when many of the fulham team would join the 'riversiders' in the bar after the match.  

Many drinks later.....stadium in total darkness.....a shortcut across the pitch.....gates locked!!

Seem to remember getting covered in anti climb paint!

Berserker

Quote from: Guinness Haze on September 26, 2013, 10:05:43 PMNope.  Never stolen anything from the Cottage (or anywhere else for that matter).  

Did, however, once feel like an escaping convict after being locked in the ground and trying to climb the main gates.  

This was back in the day when many of the fulham team would join the 'riversiders' in the bar after the match.  

Many drinks later.....stadium in total darkness.....a shortcut across the pitch.....gates locked!!

Seem to remember getting covered in anti climb paint!

That happened to me one night at the Punjabi centre after a sports event. I went to the loo and found everybody had gone and the 8ft gates were locked. It took me ages to get some guys attention in the pub opposite to come and help me climb down the otherside of the fence
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Jimpav

I seem to recall Hull stealing 3 points off us a few seasons ago. That was daylight robbery.

Forever Fulham

Quote from: Jimpav on September 26, 2013, 11:33:43 PM
I seem to recall Hull stealing 3 points off us a few seasons ago. That was daylight robbery.
Well done, Jimpav.  :005:

RidgeRider

Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 26, 2013, 11:42:05 PM

Agreed  :54:

Holders

I know someone who has one of the old "keep off the grass" signs on their rockery.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

leonffc

I've passed the odd 'rollover hotdog' and beer through the crowd whilst waiting in the old disorganised queues. I didn't feel guilty as they were (and still are) far too over priced.

Jamie88

Quote from: leonffc on September 27, 2013, 06:45:42 AM
I've passed the odd 'rollover hotdog' and beer through the crowd whilst waiting in the old disorganised queues. I didn't feel guilty as they were (and still are) far too over priced.

I'm ashamed to say this was the case with myself on the odd occasion!

Deanothefulhamfan

When we moved to loftus road, there were fans taking all sorts of items from the ground, Did half the pitch not get taken away??? I think I somehow ended up with a Fulham sign from the Hammy end.

I got few players to sign it, and it remains in my bedroom

SuffolkWhite

Ok Confession time, not quite stealing more stolen goods!

At some point in the 80's I went to school with a ball boy called Smithy, Now Smithy swapped me Robert Wilson's actual No8 away shirt for my shop bought home shirt ( it was the kit with the black across the shoulders, was the make Oscar?).

I was very proud to wear the shirt and played football at Barn Elms across the river from the ground in a PE lesson with it on.
Unfortunately it got nicked that day I played at Barn Elms from the dressing room, my money's on Smithy as the culprit!!

Still, I played in Robert Wilson's away Shirt and I still have that little memory although I was left shirtless!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Southdowns White

Back in about 1980 they were re painting the program shop in the summer break 'a friend' and his mate found all the programs in black sacks near the program shop and walked out with one of the black sacks as discreatly as possible After lugging them smuggly back to Lillie rec only to find they were all the same Vs Bolton wonderers from a couple of seasons before, what a pair of muppets 'they' felt.

grandad

I pinched my wife´s bottom when standing at the Cottage end, the then Home end. She whacked the bloke standing the other side of her. She said to me "Do something". I said I had already pinched her bottom , what more did she want me to do?
Where there's a will there's a wife

mikeyffc28

Rhys Lightning 63

I grabbed a handful of turf from the pitch after the win against Chelsea back in 06 (it was from the goalmouth that had been completely destroyed during the winter, so nothing fancy). Said bit of turf subsequently got lost when my parents moved house
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Burt

Quote from: RidgeRider on September 26, 2013, 11:59:46 PM
Quote from: Forever Fulham on September 26, 2013, 11:42:05 PM

Agreed  :54:

Too true. Needed therapy for that for months and months...  :dft011: