watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Playing tough

Started by terryr, September 26, 2013, 09:35:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

I know this isn't politically correct, but I think the turning point came when we started knocking them around.
Not fouling cynically but showing that little right winger that he was playing with the big boys.
All the nonsense pushing our goaltender on corners stopped.
I believe its a big boys game.
We have to play close.
Knock them about a bit.
Not injuring anyone.
Just playing tough and shutting down the guys who think they can dance around.
I'm sure I'll get slated for this but when we played tough and punished their lot who were committing atrocious fouls, they were intimidated and fell back.
let me know if I'm way off base with this...not sure myself.

Admin

The tackle on Lakuka by Senderos leading up the the equalizer was top draw. Not only did he disposes him with a timely sliding tackle, he also floored the biggest guy on the pitch.

terryr

Admin

Quote from: TerryR on September 26, 2013, 10:08:05 PM
so you agree with me?

Yes, we certainly need to be a lot more physical.

Holders

Amo led the way, top man.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

In the Enclosure

Agree -lets play Boateng !

Forever Fulham

There's a line between honest physical play and Stoke that I don't want to see us cross.  But, yes, certain 'statement' moments of physicality, where you refuse to back down--yes, yes, yes.

JackyFulham90

Amorebieta coming on changed the game for us he put in a few rough challenges which got the rest of the team fired up

hongkongfulham

always believed you should go into every challenge 100% honest and 110% committed to your decision whether it be to win the ball or jockey. Winning the physical battle/50-50's can be the difference.

HatterDon

Quote from: hongkongfulham on September 27, 2013, 02:27:46 AM
always believed you should go into every challenge 100% honest and 110% committed to your decision whether it be to win the ball or jockey. Winning the physical battle/50-50's can be the difference.

Agree. I always liked the guy who was marking to know that I wasn't the slightest bit averse to hard contact, but I never tried to hurt anyone and only committed one "professional foul" that I can remember. I pulled a guy down from behind [with my hand] when he was clear through -- although well away from the penalty area. I only did this because the guy had more skill and pace than I did. I learned to make up for my genetic lack of pace by superior positioning and reading of the game. I played with and against plenty of hackers, but we shouldn't see that at the top flight. It's for people who can't play the game well enough at that level.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Deanothefulhamfan

Amboreita set the record straight against Everton with his first involvement  of the game.....

Their right winger was arguably their best player on the pitch and was dancing around like Fulham were not even there. Now he is a young lad from Barca so an early tackle getting the ball and the man would have slowed him down, but we didnt do so and he gained confidence and caused so many problems.... Fast forward to Amboreita coming on, the first thing he did was get his body across the ball and give the young lad a push into the putney end. He didnt like that one bit, and after being non existant for 5 minutes afterwards got switched to the other side, unfortunately he met Zverotic who was playing a blinder, and did nothing really for the rest of the game.... winning these sort of battles are MASSIVE

chiefo

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 27, 2013, 05:19:25 AM
Amboreita set the record straight against Everton with his first involvement  of the game.....

Their right winger was arguably their best player on the pitch and was dancing around like Fulham were not even there. Now he is a young lad from Barca so an early tackle getting the ball and the man would have slowed him down, but we didnt do so and he gained confidence and caused so many problems.... Fast forward to Amboreita coming on, the first thing he did was get his body across the ball and give the young lad a push into the putney end. He didnt like that one bit, and after being non existant for 5 minutes afterwards got switched to the other side, unfortunately he met Zverotic who was playing a blinder, and did nothing really for the rest of the game.... winning these sort of battles are MASSIVE

Exactly how I called it.