Main Menu

Mesca

Started by HatterDon, September 27, 2013, 02:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Dear sir,

In re- Jol throws down the gauntlet to Fulham young gun

Buomesca Tue Na Banga

MARTIN Jol will give Boumesca Tue Na Bangna until January to force his way into Fulham's first team – or send him out on loan.

The Portuguese winger made his debut as a second-half substitute in Saturday's derby defeat at Chelsea.

Mesca, who signed a new long-term deal in April, has leapfrogged Iranian international Ashkan Dejagah in the queue for Fulham's right-wing spot.

And boss Jol has challenged the 20-year-old to fight it out with Bryan Ruiz and Damien Duff for a regular place in the side.

"I told Mesca if he starts scoring goals and giving us assists he could be the number one," said the Dutch manager.

"I will wait until January [to loan him out] because he's in contention for the first team."

Read more: Fulham Chronicle http://www.fulhamchronicle.co.uk/fulham-fc/2013/09/25/82029-33884805/?#ixzz2fyrrWkEZ

Seems to me that the person who has control over whether or not Mesca plays is YOU.

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Brown@FFC

Jols obsession with Duff is ridiculous. He is rubbish. Ruiz is a CF, nothing more. Kasami should be first choice RM, then Dejagah, then Mesca.

JoeBartramFFC

He did ok for the under 21's last night, but was by no means the standout performer. I like him but i don't see him ever achieving much with us

Deanothefulhamfan

I think Duff played excellent until he was substituted against Chelsea, and I still beleive he is the best crosser we have at the club, whilst I agree he shouldn't be starting he is not rubbish, and is still a very useful player to have in and around the squad. I think Ruiz is a number 10, potentially a CM ( he plays there for his country I beleive ) but should not be on the right.

Kasami on the wing is a strange decision, he was good in the middle until he went out wide against Chelsea where he just looked so out of place... He even put Berbatov on the win lg against Everton ahead of Kasami??

I would say our best right winger without question is Dejagah, and I thought Mesca was actually a left winger (could be wrong on that ) but Kaca put his best performance of the season on the right wing, so perhaps he coukd play there as well?

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 27, 2013, 04:55:58 AM
I think Duff played excellent until he was substituted against Chelsea, and I still beleive he is the best crosser we have at the club, whilst I agree he shouldn't be starting he is not rubbish, and is still a very useful player to have in and around the squad. I think Ruiz is a number 10, potentially a CM ( he plays there for his country I beleive ) but should not be on the right.

Kasami on the wing is a strange decision, he was good in the middle until he went out wide against Chelsea where he just looked so out of place... He even put Berbatov on the win lg against Everton ahead of Kasami??

I would say our best right winger without question is Dejagah, and I thought Mesca was actually a left winger (could be wrong on that ) but Kaca put his best performance of the season on the right wing, so perhaps he coukd play there as well?

Duff did nothing against Chelsea. Might as well have not played.

Logicalman

Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 27, 2013, 05:20:14 AM

Disagree, Duff is never as fast as he was, but he can put in accurate crosses, something we have lacked since the days of the Smurph, and he has proved himself more than some wearing the shirt this season, and he puts in 150% every game, not because he has to just to be as good as others, because he is a professional and has pride in the Fulham jersey.

Brown@FFC

Quote from: Logicalman on September 27, 2013, 05:29:32 AM
Quote from: Brown@FFC on September 27, 2013, 05:20:14 AM

Disagree, Duff is never as fast as he was, but he can put in accurate crosses, something we have lacked since the days of the Smurph, and he has proved himself more than some wearing the shirt this season, and he puts in 150% every game, not because he has to just to be as good as others, because he is a professional and has pride in the Fulham jersey.

I have full respect for Duff, been a great servant, and was a great player. But that's the thing. Was. He is too slow to play out wide, and to cross, he always has to cut in on his left foot, slowing the game play. He does try, but he is simply not quick enough for the PL. If he hadn't got that contract at the start of last season, he wouldn't be here today, and Dejagah might still be in the team.

Logicalman

We're just gonna have to agree to disagree on how useful Duffy is I guess, but that's the way it is on here.

As for Dejagah, he might not quite be match fit, and, as has been reported, he shouldn't expect to just walk back into the team, nobody should have that pleasure (bar keepers), and so by him winning his place back both proves to the club that the player WANTS to play for the club, and gives that player that little more pride in doing so, which leads to more enthusiasm and better games.

Deanothefulhamfan

I felt he was our best player in the first half against Chelsea, was up and down the wing like he was 20 again. He was our main attacking threat (I felt ) and put in a delightful ball which sidwell should have done better with. That was his best performance for a while, and as I say is not a starter but he is still a useful squad player. Someone to tighten up the game on the wing, if we are holding onto a lead etc.

Forever Fulham

Why is it Mesca gets the show me now or else treatment from Jol, while Duff and Ruiz and others get chance after chance after chance to come to life and be effective?  Is that a double standard at work?  And how do you get a fair chance if you are inserted into the lineup hardly ever?  Or against only top teams?  I am not being 'anti-Jol' here.  Really, I'm not.  But I am starting to do a slow burn over motivation by press release...

Black, White and Fred

Duff is not a great crosser I have lost count of amount of corners he takes that don't even beat the first man, which for a professional footballer is just awful. Brede has not forgotten how to score headers it's just he doesn't have Murphy picking him out anymore.

PS Mesca on the left Ashkan on the right for me
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

BestOfBrede

Quote from: 1879 on September 27, 2013, 07:47:46 AM
Duff is not a great crosser I have lost count of amount of corners he takes that don't even beat the first man, which for a professional footballer is just awful. Brede has not forgotten how to score headers it's just he doesn't have Murphy picking him out anymore.

Exactly what I was about to say re Corners.

Twig

Quote from: 1879 on September 27, 2013, 07:47:46 AM

Agree about Duff's corners but a dead ball corner is slightly different.  I still think he is a good crosser of a ball in active play.  That said he would be a bench player for me now, I would start with Dejagah and Kaca/Mesca as the first choice wide players bur NEVER Ruiz out wide - I think we all agree on that?

Ordar

I think Mesca is very similar to Kaca. Neither can cross a ball, and both are very lightweight.

EJL

Quote from: Deanothefulhamfan on September 27, 2013, 06:11:35 AM
I felt he was our best player in the first half against Chelsea, was up and down the wing like he was 20 again. He was our main attacking threat (I felt ) and put in a delightful ball which sidwell should have done better with. That was his best performance for a while, and as I say is not a starter but he is still a useful squad player. Someone to tighten up the game on the wing, if we are holding onto a lead etc.
:plus one: He caught Cole out on the turn quite a few times.

Mr Brown says he has respect for Duff, but I see him bashing the guy in every single thread.

MJG

Duff did ok (like the rest of the team first half) against Chelsea and then faded.
I was surprised we gave him another contract but he's a decent player to have in the squad. BUT i would not even think about giving him another contract next season.

Burt

As per Ordar, we really have a lack of quality when it comes to getting balls in the box.

Not just from the wingers, but from our set pieces too.

Our corners are wasted opportunities. Hangeland goes up for them, but the ball never gets past the first defender on the near post!

Some work on the training ground required...

Rant over... It is Friday, I probably need to lighten up  :dft011:

Pluto

Duff was excellent in the first half against Chelsea but looked knackered after half an hour and faded in the second, before being rightfully substituted.

I do think his experience is useful and we should keep him around for the rest of the season, but if we're serious about developing Mesca we need to start blooding him in this season and giving him minutes. A the moment he just looks too lightweight to me.

FFCByTheRiver

Mesca is the sort of player who we have to be very careful about pinning hope on - he's clearly not ready to be CONSTANT 1st team yet, and could end up the way of Frei. However, 40 mins in games like tomorrow's make a lot of sense and will help his development for the top level.

SimpleTactics

I honestly have no idea why people rate Duff so highly.